“Value for money”

Guest House Matahari
Ranked #110 of 210 Specialty Lodging in Kuta
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed Matahari Guest house during Hari Raya festival. Location of this hotel is very nice. Everything is on walk in distance. Staffs are very friendly. We spent good times with them and they are very helpful. We booked two same rooms. But we found that our rooms are completely different. The bed in my friend's room was noisy. But wash room was okay. In my room bed was okay but wash room was in terrible condition. Shower water didn't pass in the drain, basin tap were not completely stopped. But flash in the toilet luckily working. Hand shower and washroom door were spoiled. There were complimentary tea/coffee and water bottle. I'll suggest to bring extension board or universal power adapter if you are using camera, laptop, Tab etc. During my stay i used mosquito oil so I don't know there was any mosquito or not. There was not enough light in my room. One of bed lamp broken and half body was hanging in the corner. There was a old TV in my room, but channel quality were not good. But TV in my friend's room were good with nice quality. Good thing is that staffs are very friendly and they didn't ignore my request. They were always be clam and happy to me. If they repair and renovate the rooms, I'll defiantly go back there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The budget Hotel, quite convenient if you plan to spend the whole day sightseeing. The room is quite clean, tv, water heater, fridge, free wi-fi is available. In fact there is also a free shuttle from the hotel to the place gift shop Krisna.
The Hotel does not have parking facilities, there is no swimming pool, also not provided a lift, but comparable to the price offered.
The employees are friendly and pleasant, location close to kuta square. Highly recommended for your vacation to bali with a low budget

Room Tip: Rooms at the first floor there are a lot of mosquitoes
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HeruSodik
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The guest house has great location. Very near to Kuta's main road and there are some restos around there. Receptionist was ok but the staffs who clean the room were really noisy, they joked and laughed out loud in staircase. The room was small but comfortable. However it was not in good condition: the walls were degrading and one day when we came back to our room, we found dust off the walls. The worst thing is wifi in room was too weak. Staff cannot do anything for us. Even the price is good but we won't come back and won't suggest to friends. We wonder how did the guest house get high rating on Agoda.
When we asked for taxi to the airport, staff

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

It's not your fancy resort and it doesn't have a pool, but if your not planning to spend a lot of time in the hotel then I recommend matahari guest house. It is a clean, spacious place to sleep right in the middle of everything - best location in kuta! Staff are so friendly, funny and easy to get along with. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room away from the road. The scooters are a bit noisy at night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emilyy1996
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Last June 2013 I & my family stayed in this guest house for our holiday. It was superb! We stayed in superior room. The location is extraordinarily strategic. It's within walking distance to the beach, market, supermarkets, everything! The staffs were all very helpful & friendly. We will definitely stay in this guest house again if we come to Bali.

Room Tip: Because there's no elevator or lift, we'd suggest that you stay in the 1st floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

we(group of three) just returned from our trip to bali and for 3 days of our trip we stayed here. it cost us less than rm200 (around USD 68) for the entire duration of our stay. Quite cheap considering it was located in central kuta itself, with access to kuta beach, hard rock and kuta's nightlife and shopping district by foot itself (takes ard 10 minutes or so of walking). the rooms are ok, clean enough, and the double bed is big and comfortable. The bathroom was clean but small. Overall, we were happy with the cleanliness. The staff, however, were a different story. I had emailed them a couple of time prior to arriving at the guesthouse that we would require an extra bed. But alas, when we reached at 11pm at night, they said they had no extra beds and so the three of us had to squeeze on the double bed. I was a little miffed and i kept repeating that i had emailed them so many times(which they had replied ok) and asked for them to check their email, but all the staff(a guy) said was, "you can talk to my manager tomorrow" which was basically code for, we really can't do anything and frankly can't be bothered. Also, we requested for two extra pillows, but they said no and only gave us one. Thank god, the extra bed came in the next night though because three to a bed was terrible! The staff were alright but some were a little grumpy/moody. The day staff hardly ever smiled. But all in all, the pros very much outweighed the cons since the price was good and it was clean. For the remainder of the stay we decided to try the S8 hotel also located in Kuta.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The guesthouse is a little bit hard to find the first time, but is nice enough. The room are fine, nothing special. It just has an overall "average" feeling. Nothing is particularly good, or bad. I stayed in Kuta again a week later and stayed in Tanaya Bed and Breakfast for the same price, but a really good value and would prefer Tanaya if I stayed in Kuta again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo