“wonderful service”

HARRIS Hotel & Residences Sunset Road
Ranked #88 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Just wanted to share my amazing experience from going to Bali and staying at this hotel.
This hotel is located on the sunset road, but get into the alley.very good location for a vacation, not too far and not too close to kuta. I really wanted to stay at harris pool access, but I have to pay additional charge. it is not a problem,
The staff are amazingly friendly, especially the front desk staff. they very helpful. This was the first time I visited Bali, deni and suandika (person at front desk) gave me a list of tourism place in Bali that can be visited. of course it was amazing for me.harris hotel has a typical aromatherapy smells good. got a taxi at the hotel is also convenient. just call front desk, waiting for 10 minutes the taxi is coming. . will be back again to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Khatijah
HarrisSunsetRoad, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Sunset Road, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for telling us how You felt during Your stay at HARRIS Sunset.

We are happy to hear You have amazing experience in Bali, I noticed that You put on Your wedding picture on the profile, perhaps we can offer You to stay again for Your anniversary :),
we can set up honeymoon ambiance in your room for free...

Our location is perfect for those who wants to explore Bali, we can say it is right in the middle of a map which you can go to any directions. As You have already known, Bali has so many places to visit.

We hope to see You again in HARRIS Sunset in the near future for another amazing experience in Bali.

Thank you.

Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I am an ardent loyal customer of Harris (having patronised the Waterfront resort twice in Batam before) so when I saw this hotel as the accommodation for a holiday package, I immediately signed up for it.

This hotel certainly lives up to the Harris standard of friendly staff and clean rooms. Though rooms were quite small, they were cosy and comfortable.

The pool was nice and I loved how it looks with all the lush greenery.

Special recommendation goes to the front desk manager on 5 Nov (though now I can't remember his name. Think it starts with M or W. He did mention he worked in Brunei and Raffles Hotel in Singapore before).

My friend and I were looking through tour package brochures at the cafe during dinner after check-in. He saw us poring through countless brochures and recommended us a driver. Although the driver turned out to be very quiet, he was pleasant and drove us wherever we wanted to go. We paid IDR450k for two pax for eight hours, which was a bargain as we had gone all the way up to Danau Batur.

One thing that I disliked, which I agree with all the reviews, is the terrible location. The hotel is off a lane from Sunset Road, so it's not exactly on the main street. The hotel does provide free shuttle to the main road (about 2mins drive) but other than that you're on your own.

Travelling to Kuta and Seminyak was a pain as we heavily depended on taxis and Harris' shuttle service. It was impossible to walk to the beach in the traffic condition.

But as a Harris hotel, it does live up to its standard. If you're not particular about location, this is for you. But if you are, do try looking at the one at Kuta Beach (although I haven't stayed there myself)

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank RashidahSingapore

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking Your time to write us your past experience during your stay at HARRIS Sunset.

We are proud to have served another HARRIS loyal guests. As You have experienced another stay at other HARRIS Hotels, we are glad to hear our service has lived up to HARRIS standard.

We take a pride in servicing our Guests in any way we can to make sure your stay a memorable ones. Your praise to our player will definitely forwarded to him.

We do hope to see you again in the near future as we will have many other vacation packages for you to enjoy.

Again, thank You for your comments.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Was there with my family frm 19-23nov ..very nice modern hotel always greeted by the staff with smile especially the front desk staff like Yuli,Mega,Eka,Aris and Mahendra never fail to make our stay a very comfortable and unforgetable one..very impressive..
The best staff award should go to Dhian frm Harris Cafe..help us with all info we needed and even get a tour around the cafe and always attending to us and all other guest with full attention and concern..Chef Benny was great ..took pride in sending all our orders personally even though he is tight with other guest ..the best omelette ever...cafe should have Bakso too in its menu..
Hotel room is clean and spacious love the jacuzzi but they can only lent one international adapter..so we kind of having problem charging all our phones and cameras...
Would really love to see more interesting facilities like gym ..fountain play for kids whereby they can bath and chase after the water splurting out...or maybe a maze tubes and tunnels with pool of coloured balls..with funny mirrors around that make u look weird and slides...at the kids play or even a small bumper car area or maybe a small water theme park like our wild wild wet in singapore but bali style...open to public but 50% discount for hotel guests...or even a snooker /pool bar or maybe a bowling area open to public and discounted rate for guest..oh yaah dun forget a convienient store that sells all accessories and instant noodles and others..
They should provide free 2 shuttle service from Harris sunset to Kuta direct,Harris Sunset to airport vice versa interval 1hr or so to attract more people...and not go all other Harris Hotel ..coz its time consuming ..
Tq for the Great Hospitality..would come back again soon and wishes Harris all the best and success in its future endeavours..Keep it up..the excellent job..Cheers

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Beruangsarkis
HarrisSunsetRoad, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Sunset Road, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to tell us your experience during your stay at HARRIS Sunset Road.

It is always a pleasure for us to know that our Guest find their stay a unforgettable one.
Your praises to our players will definitely forwarded to them.

I would like to take the chance to inform You about the new facilities that will be a great addition to us. We will have a dedicated 700 m2 area for children playground that will have their own pool, small water theme playhouse like, bicycle tracks, and a dedicated games room. I am sure this will somehow cater to your vivid imaginations. We have to be honest, Your comments here have given us additional ideas, and the best thing, while the children are playing, the parents will have a chance to enjoy our HARRISSIMO, a new Italian restaurant just nearby the area.

We will also have Gym facility, which hopefully will be finish and ready to be operated by the first three months of 2013.
Another great news for 2013, we as a HARRIS hotels in Bali, have finalized new routes for shuttle bus which will give the faster way to Kuta beach.

Again we thank You very much for your comments, which I can say a very constructive comments. I would love to see you again soon in 2013 to enjoy the additional all the new facilities we will have.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

i ended up staying here probably because i was unaware of its location or because i was misguided during booking process. i was actually looking for a hotel near kuta beach and i read reviews about Harris hotel that says it is within walking distance to the beach and the cool places for nightlife. when i clicked the link for booking, the booking was made for this hotel. As i was unaware of the address (there are 2 hotels in kuta), i assumed that this is the hotel mentioned in the review (i only clicked the link where i read the review). Anyways, this hotel is brand new (quite nice) and worth the money you pay. Most importantly, the staff are very friendly and welcoming. i felt really welcomed. it is not posh so don't expect luxury but everything is new so it's good. Wifi is available at the lobby area only. there are PCs for use in the lobby even if you need to browse the internet after midnight. The only bummer is that, it is not within walking distance from any places of attraction in Bali (so you need a car) and there are a lot of mosquitoes at the lobby at night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Localtourists

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for sparring your time writing your experience at TripAdvisor during your stay at HARRIS Sunset Road Bali.

We are sorry to hear the miss booking you made that was originally intended at Kuta Beach. In Bali we do have 4 HARRIS Hotels at the moment. 1 Hotel Located at Kuta Beach, 1 Hotel at Tuba Area next to the Airport and 1 Hotel at Jl. Raya Kuta and HARRIS Sunset Road at Sunset Road Kuta.

However we are happy that you still find our self as a good hotel . We are happy to know that you were felt welcome at HARRIS Sunset Road. We always pride our selves into giving the best service to all of our guests.

As of for the mosquitoes at the Lobby Area, we have called our Pest Control to do more action on eliminating the mosquitoes.

Again Thank You for staying with us, and looking forward to have You again with us at HARRIS Sunset Road Bali.

Harrisly Yours,

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Good new hotel with decent service and okay breakfast buffet,a little too far from the beach .
There was no pick up and drop off service from the hotel ,pretty close to carrefour supermarket .
But i did love the aromatherapy burner in the room :) they smell so good

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CSarahLim

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for taking your time writing us your review during your last visit at HARRIS Sunset Road Bali.

Indeed the Hotel just open a year ago and our hotel is located in Sunset road area, which is an area where easily access from any area in Bali. Sunset road is one of the main road that connects Nusa Dua to Seminyak, Sanur to Kuta, and Denpasar to Kuta.

We are sorry you didn't get enough information about pick up and drop service. We do provide pick up from the airport to the hotel and vice versa. It is chargeable at IDR. 90,000 net per car.

As part of the HARRIS concept, we put aromatherapy at all the rooms and We are Happy that You enjoyed it.

Again, Thank You for staying with us and Looking forward to have You again with us.

Harrisly Yours,

Hengky TAMBAYONG

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Overall very good value but an impersonal hotel in a crap location unless you want to be near Carrefour.

I had intended on booking the Harris hotel in Tuban, nice and close to the airport as we had a late night flight and were coming down from Ubud – rather than risk traffic issues I decided to book a cheap hotel in Tuban to have a last minute swim and shower and maybe walk along the beach and see the sunset. I decided on the Harris Tuban - how I don’t know but I managed to stuff up the booking on Asia Rooms and we ended up at the Sunset Road one instead. When we arrived and I realised my mistake, I asked the check-in staff if they could transfer us over to the Tuban one but apparently that wasn’t possible.

The room was very good for the price – medium size, very clean with a king-sized bed, low lounge and coffee table, as well as a TV and a decent sized safe. There was a small kitchen area with a bench and a couple of stools, sink, microwave and fridge. It had an outdoor enclosed terrace with chairs.

We had room 3128 - it was next to the pool and was a bit noisy due to music and people yelling in the pool but as we weren’t sleeping there that didn’t matter. The pool itself was a good size.

Not so goods? Towels were a little thin. And when you’re in your room, you’d never know you’re in Bali – no Balinese touches whatsoever, you may as well be in a (decent) hotel at home! If that kind of thing appeals to you, then I think this would be a good option – not my cup of tea for a longer stay though.

The restaurant staff couldn’t do enough for us – when we mentioned we were running a bit late (our fault entirely), they pulled out all stops to get our meals ready in double quick time. Food was good – very nice peanut sauce on the Gado Gado and they were so concerned when I didn’t finish it – it was just I was running late.

Can’t be so complimentary about the front desk staff. We were kept waiting for ages at checkout while they checked the mini bar - we had only used the fridge to put some drinks in so couldn’t see why it was taking so long but they came back to say that three of their drinks were missing and we had to pay for them. We were pretty miffed, as I’d spent a hot and sticky 15 mins walking back from Carrefour with our own drinks specifically so we didn’t pay their (usual hotel) steep prices. The husband became quite terse as we had a taxi waiting, laden with our luggage so the staff decided to waive the drinks charges. I do hope they felt remorseful when they rechecked the fridge and discovered their mistake.

While overall this was a good hotel, I’d never book it again because of the location - it’s nowhere near anything except Carrefour so you need to take a taxi to get anywhere. Ask the front desk to call a Bluebird taxi, the 25,000 minimum for a telephone booking easily gets you to Legian and its cheaper and less hassle than haggling with the transport guys who hang around the front - we got quoted 100,000 then 60,000 for the same trip. It’s also a bit of a drive to the airport – not good if there’s traffic (or slow check out staff!).

I think it would work well for business travellers but if you want a cheap hotel for a holiday, I’d suggest trying the one in Tuban.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MelMMMM
HarrisSunsetRoad, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Sunset Road, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write us your review from your past stay in HARRIS Sunset Road.

We are sorry to hear the miss booking you made that was originally intended in Tuban.
However we are glad that you still find our self as a good hotel despite some flaws during your stay.

As part of HARRIS concept of modern style, our interior design follows that standard.
You could still find some Balinese influence design surrounds hotel area but of course it will not be as heavy as the older hotels in Bali.

We are glad to hear your compliment for the restaurant players as we were informed for your rush during the check out. Actually hotel provide express check out procedure which all of the Guests can use for such means and everything else follows this procedures including Taxi order and etc. We just wish that you could informed us about your situation before hand.

Again thank you for your input, as we continuously try to provide the best service for all of our Guests.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

A bit away from the main action, but close enough to get to Legian Road by taxi in a few minutes. A bit noisy from the pool by day, quiet at night. Only had 2 cups of coffee in the morning which cost me almost the same than a full breakfast. Booked on the internet and got a 1st floor room facing the parking lot. Got a great, quiet room with balcony upstairs after I had complained, great to relax after coming back from a Mount Agung climb.
Very clean, good showers, TV flat screen, good bed.
All in all very acceptable, but not my favourite style with all these red and orange colours which remind me more of a fast food shop.Also service lacking upon my request for showing me where to clean my mountaineering equipment, a bit slow on checkout without any obvius reason. But yes, I might stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank sleep00walker

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write us your last experience staying in HARRIS Sunset Road.

As a leisure and business hotel which most of Guests activities will be in the daytime, we think it is normal to have some noise as long as the noise is tolerable. We wish that perhaps on your next stay, you would informed us to get a room in more of quieter area, we have 4 buildings which we are sure we can designate the room you request.

HARRIS Hotels & Resorts concept is Simple, Unique and Friendly. Also part of the concept is the orange and green color which represent the energetic and freshness of our service.

We apologized for the lack of the knowledge as for where to clean up the mountaineering equipment, we have anticipate this by trying to gather more information for shops who provides such.

Thank you for reminding us to keep up the service i.e express or faster check out process, we have noted this and the respective department has conduct continuous training for our players.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Hengky Tambayong

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta
#108 of 148 in Seminyak
Berry Glee Hotel
Berry Glee Hotel
#16 of 251 in Kuta

Been to HARRIS Hotel & Residences Sunset Road? Share your experiences!