“Nice and comfirtable stay”

Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta
Ranked #54 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Nice and comfirtable stay”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

The hotel's location is great. Walking distance to everything.
Rooms are clean and have comfirtable beds.
Found staff to be very helpful and friendly. Everytime I passed the front desk area I was greeted with a smile. Need to work on breakfast - pretty average.

Stayed July 2014
SunIslandhotelkuta, General Manager at Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Ankit P,

Greetings from lively side of Bali!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sun Island Hotel Kuta recently, and I truly appreciate your review on us. I am delighted to learn that you had an amazing time with us. Thanks for your feedback regarding our breakfast; without question, every guest’s feedback is important to give the best experience for our guests. I am hoping that you will plan another Bali getaway with us, hopefully, in the not too distant future.

All the best,
Ismullah, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hotel is situated on a very busy street of Kuta, my 1st impression was that it was a very noisy hotel. The reception desk is just a few steps away from the driveway, so it really seemed like the whole driveway & reception desk makes up the hotel lobby. The room was too dim for my liking & it has a peacock sculpture above the headboard of the king size bed. The balcony overlooks the swimming pool, and there was no real distance from one balcony to the next. I could hear noise and chatters on the corridor even till late in the evening. The worst was the music from the k-ra OK lounge, it was not near the room but we could hear the singing and croaking. Maybe there just happened to have a big group staying there at the same time. The breakfast was not good. The selection is spaced out widely but limited in choice and not tasty. So we did not even bother with the breakfast after day 1 even though it was in our package. After all that's said, we slept well. The bed & pillows were comfortable and fortunately that made up for all the downsides of this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor, hopefully it's more sound proof & less crowded
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear hazelmenon,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel in your recent getaway. I am sad to know that you disliked some aspects of your stay starting from the check in time on. Thank you for your feedback in regards to our room. The lighting of the room is designed as such to create a relaxing ambiance; however we provide dimmer to adjust the intensity to guests’ preference. I am sorry about the noise you heard from the neighboring karaoke lounge. It is actually relatively far from our building, however when a guest complains about it, we normally contact their management to ask for their cooperation. Your comment regarding our breakfast has been acknowledged by our kitchen team. As much as our guests vary in their taste, we take guests’ opinions seriously and keep doing our best effort in presenting quality and variety to our guests. Despite the above notes, I am glad to know that you and your family managed to have quality sleep. As implied in your message, we do use top quality mattress, linen and pillow for utmost comfort. I am hoping that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 30, 2014

we stayed for 4days 3nights, there was some hicked up when we checked in.. we carried our luggage to very far room only to find out that its not the room that we want, after that they moved us to the king size bed room and problem solved,

i requested a dvd player in the rooom, cos we travelled with kids and they installed dvd player in our room... thank you..

the room itself its ok, air con works perfectly, the bed comfortable, just the shower pressure in the bathroom wasnt that good..the floor indeed quite cold, so its better to wear sandals or socks...

the room is not as noisy as other's review, i could hear the music from the restaurant, but they stop by 10pm i think... maybe because my rioom on the corner side..

my husband and daughter enjoy the swimming pool too.

the one which i thought really need improvement is the breakfast.... the food doesnt appeal to my appetite that we rather order mc.donald breakfast for 3morning straight....

wifii works very slow.. it keep on on and off... not so stable..

location wise this hotel is good, lots of food nearby.. and just 5mins walk to discovery mall..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear buncis r,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay in our hotel. I am glad to know that apart from the hiccups you experienced, you and your family seemed to have most of your time during your vacation. Thank you for your feedback regarding our breakfast. Our Chef and the kitchen team have been notified. Even though we are quite certain that our food quality is much better than most of fast food, we always take guests’ opinions seriously to give guests more breakfast options during their stay. Your feedback regarding our wi-fi connection will be used as one of our references in improving our facilities. Thank you again for staying at Sun Island Hotel Kuta. I am wishing you and your family well.

Best regards,
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

The breakfast is below average. Although there is variety but cooking is not to standard (fast food taste better). Hotel doesn't entertain guests like me who wishes to change say US$50 to small notes say US$10, which is disappointing. Room flooring is tiled which makes the feet cold unless you wear slippers in the room.Lacks cosy.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Dawn C
SunIslandhotelkuta, General Manager at Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Dawn C,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

First, thank you for your recent stay in our hotel. I am sad to know that it was not as you had expected. However, I appreciate your feedback in regards to our food variety. Our FB Team keeps raising our bar high in presenting quality and variety of our food for our guests. In response to your comment with regards to smaller notes change, I could explain to you that our currency exchange counter cannot change foreign bank notes, for example, USD 100 to smaller USD notes, because the values of different denominations vary in currency exchange. I am sorry that you did not like our flooring, but as you mentioned we provide slippers in every room for guests' convenience.

I hope that the recent experience will not deter you from staying with us again in the future. Please rest assured that Sun Island Hotel Kuta is committed to giving an indulging experience to our guests. In the meantime, I am wishing you a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Staff were amazing and so friendly!!! Room was beautiful! Gadea from the restaurant was so lovely he even had a beer with us! Everything was close by and the food and drinks were delicious. Only thing I would be negative about is the pool has some weird chemical in it that wasn't friendly to Jewellery but beside that an amazing stay! Thank you

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Lucy B
SunIslandhotelkuta, General Manager at Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Lucy B,

Greetings from Sunny Bali!

Thank you for staying at Sun Island Hotel Kuta in your recent vacation in Bali. I appreciate your time posting a review on us. I am delighted to know that you had a memorable stay with us. We promise you that we'll continue making our best effort in delivering the best service. I am hoping that we can welcome you back in the not-too-distant future.

All the best,

KARRATHA
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was our first visit to Sun Island Hotel Kuta and it was one of the most beautiful places we have stayed at. I unfortunately had an accident and was in a wheelchair most of the time but that did not hinder our stay at all! The room we booked into was perfect! I could wheel myself out to the balcony and then go straight into the beautiful clean pool. ALL of the staff were so friendly! And so helpful, it was just a dream hotel for us! 24 hour room service was a wonderful experience, if you came in late from a trip or shopping, you were able to choose what to order from a lovely menu in the 24 hr. room service menu, not just chips or burgers but a huge range of lovely range of Balinese food and beautiful desserts! The Security staff are on the ball all of the time which made you feel safe! Not only were they very committed to their job but they were very friendly and went out of their way to help us, especially as I was in a wheelchair all of the time, they were just the best security staff we have ever experienced in our travels! The rooms were very clean, roomy and lovely views to the pool; they had a special feel to them, making your room feel like home. The reception staff are so professional but also made you feel very special! They went out of their way to help you in anything that you needed and made sure what you requested came through! There were ONLY two things I could fault in this beautiful hotel was the bath, it had the shower at one end and the bath had rounded sloping sides which made it very, very slippery when trying to wash your hair or just having a shower, so if you use the shower, just be careful of the slippery sides as you may end up falling down as I did and so did my husband but overall, that was the ONLY thing that we could fault! The bed was SO comfortable; 1I did not want to get out of bed the next morning! In other hotels you can feel the humps in the bed and if you have a back problem it makes a huge difference! I can tell you that breakfast was wonderful! Fresh fruit and a huge range of cooked very tasty original Balinese treats.
The chefs would cook whatever you asked for & it was always perfect & delicious! The staffs of all departments are very friendly and could not do enough for you; they were a credit to the hotel.
When you walk into your room, the first thing you see is the giant peacock artwork which was stunning! Now unfortunately, the other item we could fault was the pool timing. It opened at 8 am and closed at 8 pm, these are the times when people like to cool down and relax but we were not even allowed to put our legs into the pool, so unfortunately this was a big downer as it was very humid and sticky, the pool would have been fantastic if it had been open, unfortunately, I sincerely hope the management changed the times that the pool opens and closes as this would make a huge difference for people wanting to just cool down after shopping or just cooling down after their last meal of the day. Changing the time would make such a huge difference of the pool will make a big difference when booking for a holiday as people really do want to relax and as Bali is quite humid it would just be make a huge attraction for people booking in to this wonderful hotel next time. I met quite a few people from different countries who wondered why the hours or the pool were so short, We hope that the time of the pool opening and closing does change because it really does make a huge difference! Overall though and apart from the few faults we would definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends for sure!!! Thank you Sun Island Hotel for making our holiday so wonderful! But I sincerely hope the Management takes note of my statements about the pool times as this would make a huge difference to the hotel. We found many people from different cultures would have been a lot happier if the pool had been open a lot later than 8 pm and open earlier than 8 am in the morning to suit the temperature of Bali.

Room Tip: If you have a disability or prefer to be close to the pool then you need to chose a room on the gro...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank cathy6714
Dear Catherine & Trevor,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

I trust this message finds both of you well and in good cheers. It was delightful to hear from you after your stay in May. Despite your condition when you arrived, I was amazed that you managed to have a fantastic time for the entire stay. Thank you for saying such kind word on our staff; we just wanted to ensure that you were always safe and your needs were well taken care of. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our spread of food & beverage options. You were right to point out that our rooms, besides well maintained, are designed to give maximum comfort to our guests by our choice of using only top-quality mattresses, pillows and linen. Thank you for commenting our bathroom and our pool’s opening hours; our management will use your feedback as reference to better improve our services & facilities. Again, I truly appreciate your insightful and heartfelt review. Your compliments have been passed on to my team, who will continue making you feel at home the next time you stay with us. We are looking forward to your return!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My bed here was exceptionally comfortable. I didn't want to get up. Ever. I'm not put off by giant peacock decorations thankfully, but if you are, this may not be the hotel for you. The decor of the room was lovely. However, I was mildly uneasy about the window into the bathroom, with a sterling view of the toilet from the bed. There was a blind, but it was on the bedroom side. I'm very glad that I wasn't traveling with an oddball who might have opened it (although, you probably shouldn't travel with people like that anyway) but still, it makes for slightly uneasy toilette!

Breakfast was pretty good (apart from the fact that another guest stole my poached eggs!) and I had a lunch in the restaurant (wind tunnel!) which was a delicious tempe burger and fries. I also ordered from room service a few times, which was prompt and of a good standard. The range of alcoholic coffees was excellent, and the one I had was delicious.

The hotel is in an excellent location if you want to go to Waterbom or Discovery Mall, and Kuta Square is around 15 minutes walk away.

The only real downside to this hotel is that, because the pool -which is very nice- is in the middle of the hotel, and therefore does not get a great deal of sun.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room. Mine was on the road and I got a lovely view of the roof of a backpackers...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jay M
SunIslandhotelkuta, General Manager at Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Jay M,

Greetings from the fun side of Bali!

First of all, thank you for choosing to stay in Sun Island Hotel Kuta in your recent holiday. Your review is highly appreciated. Your positive feedback has been shared among my team who will keep delivering the best service to all our guests. I am delighted to know that you had an amazing time with us. As you were implying, we do use top quality brands for our mattresses, pillows and linen to ensure guests' total comfort. Despite the poached egg incident, I am happy that you enjoyed what was offered on our restaurant & room service's menus.

Thanks again for all your feedback. My team and I are looking forward to your return!

Ismullah, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Adhi Jaya Hotel
#69 of 251 in Kuta
Sun Island Hotel & Spa Legian
EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali - Managed by Tauzia
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel

Been to Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta? Share your experiences!