“Great stop over.”

Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta
Ranked #97 of 340 Hotels in Kuta
“Great stop over.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We only had one night here on our way back from Lombok and were very pleasantly surprised by what found at Sun Island.

I have to admit that I wast expecting much. It was the Hotel's proximity to the airport alongside a reasonable price tag that initially attracted us. However, upon arrival we were immediately greeted by their wonderful staff who took the bags and checked us in quickly and efficiently. They even offered to open breakfast early for us so we could eat before flying out!!

The whole hotel was clearly pretty new and so far has been kept very clean and in good condition. Our room had everything that we needed and it was a very comfortable night stay.

Situated on the main road in Kuta it is easy to walk straight out to find a huge range of restaurants bars and shops. I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a place in that area!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amy H
SunIslandhotelkuta, General Manager at Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Amy H,

Greetings from the vibrant side of Bali!

First of all, thank you for staying at Sun Island Hotel Kuta managed by Sun Island Bali. It was always a pleasure to hear that our guests had a wonderful time while staying in our hotel. Thank you for leaving such a positive note on our staff, room, and location. With the strategic location, first-class service and facilities, I am happy that you considered us value for money. I am hoping that you will return to our hotel in your next Bali getaway.

Warmest regards,

Ismullah, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The rooms were clean and cozy with good size.The location is very good, nera to centro shopping mall and waterboom and nearby restaurants The breakfast was very good with wide range of choices . Ther staff's were polite and helpful. The only negative point was internet . The connection get lost and very slow speed. if they can improve this item then it should be an ideal choice concerning the reasonable price.

Room Tip: Choose Deluxe Pool View Rooms.!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank xxanty
Dear xxanty,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

What pleasure to hear from you after your stay in last March! I truly appreciate your time in posting the review. I am pleased to learn that you loved most aspects of our hotel and that your family getaway went amazing. Thank you for your note with regards to our Internet connection. Despite reasons such as high traffic when we're in tight occupancy that may slow down the connection, we keep doing our best effort to improve it as being able to access the Internet is one of crucial necessities for our guests. My team and I are looking forward to your return in your next Bali getaway. Meanwhile, I am wishing you and your family a fantastic time!

Best regards,
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in sun island hotel kuta from 13-16 April. We booked the pool access room via agoda and paid SGD 368 + USD 30 as we requested for late checkout. We got room 114 which is beside the bridge. Overall, our stay is very good, i cant give them a 5 star rating coz their F&B area needs a little bit of improvement.

Staff - courteous, nice and respectful to all their guests. They are very attentive to the needs of each guest. If you forgot to put the "refresh room" signage at your door, they will actually knock and ask if you would like your room to be cleaned. You can also borrower power adopter - just call the front desk and they will deliver it to your room. 5 stars for the staff

Room - nice, clean and cozy room. The room has all the facilities you need - king size bed, tv with lots of channels, small fridge, coffee & tea facility, cozy lighting (which is very good while taking photos), cabinet with hangers, bath robe and sleepers, safety box and the most important of all - very clean bathroom (free bath amenities). It has a bath tub which is nice but realized the water will splash all over the floor whenever you take a shower in a standing position. It would be better if there is a sliding glass door next to the bath tub to prevent splashing of water all over the bathroom floor. 5 stars for this.

Hotel - the sorroundings are very clean, well maintained and i believed this is a fairly new hotel. Pool is of medium size, not crowded at all as i think everyone is outside exploring bali. Hotel also provide beach towel which you can get in the bar area. Free wifi of course (youre in bali so dont expect fast internet!). We never experienced noisy sorroundings at all during our stay. 4.5 stars.

Food - Our room comes with a free breakfast. The spread is ok, they have bread, salad, fruits drinks, egg and mains station.Though they rotate their menu on a daily basis, the taste is nothing but ordinary. Food are being replenished quickly by the staff.
We also tried dining here on our first night. We ordered a beef something with mashed potato, quesadilla, 2 bintang, 1 coke, 1 cocktail drink and a sheesha (first time to try). Total bill is abt IDR 400K (SGD 40-42) which is reasonable. Again the taste is nothing but ordinary. Maybe the hotel can improve their F&B area. 3 stars for food.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jt_and_lowie
Dear jt_and_lowie,

Greetings from the island!

I would like to personally thank you for posting such a detailed and insightful review on us. I believe many travelers will gain important information from it. Thank you for giving us high scores on our staff and rooms. This was indeed meaningful for us who always strive for excellence in ensuring that our guests experience a comfortable stay and their needs are well taken care of. Your note in regards to our wi-fi was well acknowledged, and we'll keep making our best effort to improve the connection and be at hand for troubleshooting. I appreciate your comment with regard to the taste of our food. Please rest assured that it will be one of references to better improve us in the future. Once again, thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming both of you at the warm hospitality of Sun Island Hotel Kuta, hopefully not long from now.

All the best,
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I can't praise the staff at the Sun Island Hotel Kuta enough. They gave exceptional service... Nothing was too much trouble. No hesitation to go that extra mile. Wonderful, beautiful people. The food was wonderful, the room was very comfortable.. No complaints at all

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

Thank you for posting a review on your stay with us in March. i truly appreciate all the compliments you gave us, but what matters most to us was the fact that you had an amazing time during your family getaway. We will always look forward to welcoming you and your family back, hopefully in the not-too-distant future.

Best regards,
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed in the hotel for two nights to spoil ourselves a bit, especially because it was my husbands birthday. We enjoyed every minute and took full advantage of the room. The staff was exceptionally nice and helpful and surprised my husband with a great birthday cake! The second night we enjoyed live music at the bar. Our room was towards the back alley and it was really quiet and enjoyable.

Room Tip: take one away from the bar, as this can be quite noisy in the evening.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SunIslandhotelkuta, General Manager at Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Ellieus,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

I trust this message finds you and your husband well. Thank you for spending your getaway in our hotel, and sharing your experience here. I am happy to know that the little surprise birthday celebration for your husband went as planned. Thank you for complimenting our staff and facilities. I am hoping that the next time you visit Bali, you will stay in the warm hospitality of Sun Island Hotel Kuta again.

With warmest regards,
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I had booked this hotel through one of travel site and for this hotel only one type of rooms were offered. However when I reached the hotel and I was allotted a room at the back of hotel with filthy view. When I requested to shift to Pool side rooms, they demanded more money and that to too much saying these pool side rooms are costly where in the website only one type of room were offered. After making lot of noise I was shigted to front of the hotel but not on pool side.
Now coming to hotel yes it is in the middle of market next to Discovery shopping mall. the Hotel has good breakfast to offer. Service was good and hotel has all usual amenities.

Room Tip: Before booking ask for pool side rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Rajkumar G,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

Thank you for posting your review on your recent stay with us. Please kindly be advised that we have 4 room categories in our hotel as mentioned on our website. What you booked originally through your travel agent was most likely our Deluxe Room, our standard category. The next categories are Deluxe Pool View, Deluxe Pool Access, and Suite; and the rates vary according to the categories. Despite the confusion in the early stage of your stay, I am glad that you had most of your time in Bali. Thank you for sharing the detail of your stay here. My team and I are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Warmest regards,
Heathridge, Western Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2014

At very short notice I needed two nights accommodation in Kuta. Found Sun Island on a hotel booking site and liked price and location.
Was very warmly greeted at reception by very polite staff, welcome drink and very welcome cool towel. I had a few problems getting my 'tablet' to log onto their wifi to show my booking receipt, as I had not been in the position to print it out. The staff were very patient with me and my limited computer knowledge. They sorted it all out and showed me how to get to the appropriate page for next time. I had a lovely room overlooking the pool area. The room was spacious, very clean. and the bed was very comfortable. I stayed over the Nyepi period so there was no problem with noise. The staff were very good during this special time and (free) breakfast, (very reasonably priced) lunch and dinner were all served and although not a wide selection the food was very nice. I left the hotel early in the morning, as Nyepi was coming to and end and again the staff were very polite and helpful. Even arranging for water for me before I left. Thanks for a lovely few days of peace and quiet, which was exactly what I needed after a very hectic and stressful time leading me up to staying there. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Sandra F
Dear Sandra F,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

I'd like to thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel in such a short notice. I am happy to know that your Nyepi with us in April went amazing and that our services left you with such a wonderful memory. Thank you for complimenting our services, room, and other facilities. Thank you for recommending us, and we can't wait to welcome you back in your next Bali vacation!

Cheers,