“Wonderful Staff”

Ranked #61 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Brisbane, Australia
“Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I can't praise the staff at the Sun Island Hotel Kuta enough. They gave exceptional service... Nothing was too much trouble. No hesitation to go that extra mile. Wonderful, beautiful people. The food was wonderful, the room was very comfortable.. No complaints at all

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

SunIslandhotelkuta, General Manager at Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

Thank you for posting a review on your stay with us in March. i truly appreciate all the compliments you gave us, but what matters most to us was the fact that you had an amazing time during your family getaway. We will always look forward to welcoming you and your family back, hopefully in the not-too-distant future.

Best regards,
Ismullah, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed in the hotel for two nights to spoil ourselves a bit, especially because it was my husbands birthday. We enjoyed every minute and took full advantage of the room. The staff was exceptionally nice and helpful and surprised my husband with a great birthday cake! The second night we enjoyed live music at the bar. Our room was towards the back alley and it was really quiet and enjoyable.

Room Tip: take one away from the bar, as this can be quite noisy in the evening.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SunIslandhotelkuta, General Manager at Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Ellieus,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

I trust this message finds you and your husband well. Thank you for spending your getaway in our hotel, and sharing your experience here. I am happy to know that the little surprise birthday celebration for your husband went as planned. Thank you for complimenting our staff and facilities. I am hoping that the next time you visit Bali, you will stay in the warm hospitality of Sun Island Hotel Kuta again.

With warmest regards,
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I had booked this hotel through one of travel site and for this hotel only one type of rooms were offered. However when I reached the hotel and I was allotted a room at the back of hotel with filthy view. When I requested to shift to Pool side rooms, they demanded more money and that to too much saying these pool side rooms are costly where in the website only one type of room were offered. After making lot of noise I was shigted to front of the hotel but not on pool side.
Now coming to hotel yes it is in the middle of market next to Discovery shopping mall. the Hotel has good breakfast to offer. Service was good and hotel has all usual amenities.

Room Tip: Before booking ask for pool side rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Rajkumar G,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

Thank you for posting your review on your recent stay with us. Please kindly be advised that we have 4 room categories in our hotel as mentioned on our website. What you booked originally through your travel agent was most likely our Deluxe Room, our standard category. The next categories are Deluxe Pool View, Deluxe Pool Access, and Suite; and the rates vary according to the categories. Despite the confusion in the early stage of your stay, I am glad that you had most of your time in Bali. Thank you for sharing the detail of your stay here. My team and I are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Warmest regards,
Heathridge, Western Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2014

At very short notice I needed two nights accommodation in Kuta. Found Sun Island on a hotel booking site and liked price and location.
Was very warmly greeted at reception by very polite staff, welcome drink and very welcome cool towel. I had a few problems getting my 'tablet' to log onto their wifi to show my booking receipt, as I had not been in the position to print it out. The staff were very patient with me and my limited computer knowledge. They sorted it all out and showed me how to get to the appropriate page for next time. I had a lovely room overlooking the pool area. The room was spacious, very clean. and the bed was very comfortable. I stayed over the Nyepi period so there was no problem with noise. The staff were very good during this special time and (free) breakfast, (very reasonably priced) lunch and dinner were all served and although not a wide selection the food was very nice. I left the hotel early in the morning, as Nyepi was coming to and end and again the staff were very polite and helpful. Even arranging for water for me before I left. Thanks for a lovely few days of peace and quiet, which was exactly what I needed after a very hectic and stressful time leading me up to staying there. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Sandra F
Dear Sandra F,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

I'd like to thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel in such a short notice. I am happy to know that your Nyepi with us in April went amazing and that our services left you with such a wonderful memory. Thank you for complimenting our services, room, and other facilities. Thank you for recommending us, and we can't wait to welcome you back in your next Bali vacation!

Cheers,
Ismullah, General Manger
Kerala
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel is situated in the center of Kuta, Bali and only Walking distance to Discovery Plaza, Waterbom Park, Kuta Square, Kuta Beach & many restaurants. Rooms are big enough and neat. Staff are very friendly and polite. They have an average buffet breakfast with the selection of international & Indonesian foods. Also, this hotel is very close to the airport, only 5 to 10 minutes by car. The free wi fi was also working well.

The rooms facing the street are little noisy, also in the evening the lobby level restaurant & bar playing little loud music, anyway it’s not a big problem for me but family guests may not like it.

I will definitely return to this hotel, if I visit Bali again.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street are little noisy
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank IsaacKerala
Dear IsaacKerala,

Greetings from the vibrant side of Bali!

Thank you for staying in our hotel in your vacation last year. It pleases me to know that you had most of your time in our hotel. Thank you for sharing the details of your stay with other travelers who certainly will get clearer picture of our hotel from your insight. Please rest assured that we continue giving the best service to make our guests stay a memorable one. My team and I are looking forward to your return!

Yours sincerely,
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The Sun island hotel located in the center of Kuta , close to the big shopping mall and surround by many restaurants. A very prime location and walking distance to every shopping area. The price is also very reasonable. Highly recommend to stay in Sun island Kuta

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vivillk
Dear vivillk,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

It was pleasant to hear from you after your last stay in February. Thank you for recommending us to other travelers. We are so happy knowing that your stay with us went amazing. Looking forward to your return in your next Bali getaway!

Best regards,
perth
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Now I know why I stay at the Bali Dynasty, the sun island is very average. Rooms are nice but shower is really bad pressure could even wash my hair!!!!!
We have had trouble sleeping because it's noisy and right on the road so you hear all traffic.
Haven't even gone in pool it is that uninviting.
Back to dynasty in November

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Adhi Jaya Hotel
Kuta Station Hotel
Kuta Station Hotel
#87 of 253 in Kuta
EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali - Managed by Tauzia

Been to Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta? Share your experiences!