I have to admit that planning our vacation in Bali was the most stressful for me...especially when picking the hotels. There were so many options and so many locations. We really wanted to stay in Kuta Beach, and finding a hotel with a central location was extremely important. Sun Island Kuta offered that.
My overall favorite thing about Sun Island was its prime location, just 5 minutes from the Discovery Mall, the beach (which you can get to it if you cross through the Discovery Mall), a lot of vendors, and delicious restaurants. They also offered a delicious breakfast buffet every morning, and the choices changed!
The rooms were spacious and the bed was very comfortable. However I have three complaints:
1) All of the towels (particularly the hand and face towels) seem to have this yellow-ish stain on them. At first, I thought it was isolated to just one towel - so I didn't use that one, but after we got our room cleaned and made a request to Guest Services for more towels, I noticed the SAME discoloration on the towels...perhaps it is the detergent they use? or perhaps it could be a result of something else that I would rather not mention...but I found it very surprisingly and somewhat disturbing considering the hotel is barely a year old. This was my biggest gripe.
2) The hotel is very noisy. Like the other reviewers mentioned, the noise could be very annoying, especially if there are a lot of children staying there. We were woken up one morning by the screaming and splashing of kids in the pool at 7am (the pool opens at 8am...). Thankfully I read through all the reviews on here so I made sure to request a "quiet" room away from the pool, but trust me - you can still hear EVERYTHING.
3) The wifi connection is horrible! The connection would go in and out, and in order to receive great signal, you would have to be closer to the lobby. However, here's the catch 22 future travelers should consider - if you want a great internet connection, you have to choose a room closer to the lobby...however, by choosing a room close to the lobby, you will also have to be close to the pool, which brings me back to my noise problem. See the problem? It's either internet or peace/quiet. Just a heads up!
Other than that, it was a nice hotel. They're still pretty new, so the Front Desk needs to work out some kinks (check-in was a bit slow, and there was different people handling our reservation so signals were crossed).
I'm not sure I would stay here again the next time I'm in Bali unless I find a great deal on the rooms, because I'll rather try my luck at the plenty other hotels around Kuta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun Island Bali Group is pleased to present Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta that offers you its definite impeccable service through the 121 rooms and 8 suites, with a true service of 4 star hotel where sophisticated contemporary designs meet Balinese hospitality and inspire posh amenities. Located in the most strategic location in Kuta, 5 minutes from Ngurah Rai International Airport, 5 minutes walk to the famous sandy Kuta beach, shopping malls, traditional art market, Waterbom and many restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, Fastbooking, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta Bali