“Well organised, well equipped, safe diving with professional dive instructors”

AquaMarine Diving - Bali
Ranked #4 of 166 Outdoor Activities in Kuta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ABOUT US AquaMarine Diving - Bali only offers only Bali's better dive locations: These are on the east, north east and north west coasts. These careful selections, combined with the experience of our Balinese dive staff and British safety standards, make an unbeatable combination. You can be sure of not only safe, enjoyable diving but also that we will show you the best Bali has to offer. We were Indonesia's first Project AWARE Go ECO Operator, and have received the PADI Green Star Award in recognition of our commitment to environmental protection. BALI'S DIVING Situated in the Indo-Pacific, the world's richest marine biogeographic zone, Bali receives very plankton-rich waters and so contains a stunningly diverse underwater ecosystem with diving to suit everyone. Bali has vertical walls and sand slopes; shipwrecks, steel and wooden; limestone shorelines and black, volcanic outcrops; peaceful bays and ripping currents; deep, coral-covered ridges, shallow seagrass beds and big bommies; with both shore- and boat-diving available around the island. DAY TRIPS For those staying in south Bali and doing Day Trips, our air-conditioned minibuses will take you from your hotel, through beautiful Balinese countryside, past rice terraces, along coastlines, via rural villages, with great views of Mount Agung (Bali's most revered volcano), to Bali's top dive sites. We also offer Special Day Trips: some are seasonal - based on pelagic migrations; while others are rarely visited dive sites with plenty of marinelife but few other divers. SAFARIS (dive and accommodation packages) A Safari allows you to see more Bali, visit several sites and cut down on road travel. Prices include accommodation near the sites so you can do more dives per day if desired and schedule your dives for different marinelife and lighting. AquaMarine customises Safaris for beginners, underwater photographers and groups, according to your interest and personal requirements. PADI COURSES AquaMarine offers PADI courses from Bubblemakers (8yrs+) to Divemaster (professional level); plus a wide variety of PADI Specialty Courses. Flexible schedules to fit your holiday plans. With its tropical waters, Bali is an ideal place to learn to dive, and the huge variety of dive sites also make Bali a great please to further your dive education. 1 DAY INTRODUCTORY ADVENTURE DIVING PROGRAMME AquaMarine designed this programme for people who either do not have time for a PADI course or would just like a taste of scuba-diving. We usually conduct this on Tulamben's world-famous USAT Liberty shipwreck - there's no better place to fall in love with diving! All of AquaMarine Diving - Bali's dive programmes include transport (land and boat), 2 Day Dives, PADI dive guide (Divemaster or above), MSIG diver medical insurance, basic equipment, lunch with softdrinks/water, PADI courses include manual and certification. Non-divers are welcome to join any trip; snorkelling is available at all sites subject to conditions. BEYOND BALI AquaMarine Diving - Bali also operates as an agent for other reputable dive resorts and liveaboards throughout Indonesia (including Wakatobi, Komodo, Alor, Raja Ampat, Bunaken, Lembeh, Pulau Weh, Gorontalo, Togian Islands, Ambon & Kalimantan). Please contact us for more information and reservations. We often have special rates and packages available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I booked one day diving when I was in Bali and desperately wanted to see manta rays. For starters, this was the only organisation that wanted to book me online on a one day diving trip prior to departure. All other orgs i contacted, told me to book on the spot. Not convenient when you want to make a travel schedule! So big plus for that. The mail contact was super professional, with quick email replys on every question asked and booking very easy with payment cash on the day of the trip. Good to know is they really keep to the 1:4 ratio of divemaster vs divers. Many times with other orgs I have known otherwise. I was diving solo, so they suggested I join an already booked group and appointed me a buddy form the org as well. Therefor I felt perfectly safe and looked after during the dives.
The divemaster was highly trained, highly professional and the gear was well functioning. For boxed lunch we could choose from a menu and we got it on the boat, it was delicious as well.
I booked 3 dives in one day, the second specifically for observing mantas. When we couldn't find any, the dive was split up in two parts (second one with 100 bar left), which made it 4 dives with 3 bottles for the price of 3 dives. So I was very happy with this arrangement, especially because on the second second dive, we made beautiful observations of a manta ray in a 'cleaning station'. So worth for your money! If I ever come back to Bali (mola mola season??) I won't doubt for a second and book again with this org. Big recommendations!!

AquaMarineDivingBali, Owner at AquaMarine Diving - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Hi Antwerpgirl_10,

Thank you for taking the time to review AMD-B on TA, it is lovely to read such a glowing review - I am so lucky that my team here are so wonderful!

We do appreciate that while on holiday it is easier to make a travel schedule prior to leaving and pre-booking is always available. I will definitely pass on your praise to our office staff as they are super efficient, always make the process as easy as possible and are always on hand to answer any questions - big or small!

I was happy to read that your dream of seeing a Manta was achieved - of course we cannot guarantee whether certain marine life will choose to show themselves - very occasionally they may get shy! - but great to hear that your guide did all he could to make this possible and I agree, it is a beautiful sight.

We would love to see you back in Bali and diving with AMD-B - best time to see the Mola-Mola's would be August - September - see you soon!

Best wishes,

There are newer reviews for AquaMarine Diving - Bali

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We already dived two times with Aquamarine diving. In 2007 we made our own program and dived with two friends in different places. In 2011 we did the best of Bali safari. Both times the organisation was very good and the diving as well. This april we stayed in Mimpi resort Tulamben. We dived for 11 days with our private guide Aan. We were very lucky to dive with him. Not only a nice guy but also a guide with very good eyes. He found us a lot of macro stuff. We enjoyed the diving very much. Diving with your own guide is a little more expensive but it adds value to your dive experience. I can recomment it. Transportation was well organised. This is one of the best dive operations, maybe the best, in the far east.

Hi Mirjam B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review AMD-B on TA

"This is one of the best dive operations, maybe the best, in the far east"

Wow! - It is always fantastic to hear such high praise - I am very lucky to have such an amazing team here at AMD-B :)

I am so pleased that you had a great trip and that you have continued to choose us for your diving holidays

I agree that arranging for a private guide does add value to your dive experience and Aan is one of our team of best spotters! All our guides know the sites inside out and I am constantly impressed at their local knowledge and what they are able to find!

We hope to see you back in Bali and diving with us again soon!

Best wishes

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Thank you Aquamarine for the best first diving experience. We were picked up exactly on time, the staff were very friendly and thorough, and the destination was unbelievable. As a first diver I was pretty nervous, but the guide ensured that he only took maximum of 2 intro divers with him. He was very thorough in teaching us about our gear and diving in general. Best part of all, he held our hand the whole time. I felt very relaxed and comfortable the whole time, which made me see a lot of the life underwater. The USAT Liberty Shipwreck was out of this world. Amazing!!! Will definitely call on Aquamarine again for next dive.

Hi Superaz,

Thank you for taking the time to review AMD-B on TA and I feel very privileged that you chose us for your first ever dive!

It is quite normal to be a little nervous the first time and it is wonderful to hear that your experience was such a positive one. Our instructors are amazing and will always do everything they can to ensure that you feel both fully prepared and comfortable at all times

Hopefully this will be just the start and you have many amazing dives ahead - we look forward to seeing you again at AMD-B

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is our second diving trip with AquaMarine. We loved the 1st diving trip back in 2011 so much that we decided to dive again with them. Barbara, Natalie and the team made booking the dives an absolute pleasure even though we had specific days and places we wanted to dive. The dive master Ketut was very professional and ensured that conditions were absolutely safe and within our experience before getting in the water.

I would definitely recommend AuqaMarine every time!

AquaMarineDivingBali, Owner at AquaMarine Diving - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear terrestrialtrekker

"I would definitely recommend AuqaMarine every time! " - hence coming back to us again!

Thank you for writing the review, I really appreciate you taking the time.

The office team are very used to organising specific dive locations on specific dates for clients so please, when you come back, just go ahead and let them know what you'd like to see, where you'd like to try/return to, etc. It genuinely does make it easier for us and (obviously!) gives you the diving you want to do - win-win!

That said, Tulamben Bay/USAT Liberty Shipwreck and then Nusa Penida/Manta Point ... you can't really fault those choices :-)

Ketut is indeed very experienced (when I go diving elsewhere in Indonesia, sites/places unknown, I take him along with me because then I can be completely sure I'll be safe - it's a great deal better at judging conditions than I am - AND that I'll see a lot more underwater than if I were on my own or relying on someone else to spot for me).

The other guide, Ethel, is one of our newest recruits.

Best regards

Ketut + Ethel

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a group going to a wedding in Bali. We arranged for the dive via email before hand. Sarah was very thorough and got everyone's sizes, and info before hand and arranged for pick up at 3 different places. The driver was very timely and they even called to let me know estimated arrival time for pick up. The dive site was a 2+ hr drive from Seminyak and Sanur, but they had bottled water for us, provided towels and all the equipment.
We got to the resort, and had use of the facilities, which was nice, and the snorkelers were able to relax there. The dive package included all the gear hire, water, lunch and they kept on schedule. We did 2 dives, with lunch in between, and all the equipment was brought down to the shore where we entered.
Water was warm, 28C (March) and visibility was about 15 mts. The USAT Liberty is about 30 mts from shore, and easy dive. Deep end of wreck was about 25 mts, and shallow end was 10 mts. We saw, clownfish, starfish, plenty of coral, many schools of fish, sea turtles, blue spotted stingrays, black tip reef shark, along with the wreck.
Dive masters were very attentive, and we had a small group - 5 divers, and 2 DM/instructors. This was my first dive after becoming certified, and did't realise that I should not have gone past 18 mts, but I didn't experience any issues as we descended slowly. As the shallow end of wreck was at 10 mts, the ascend was slow.
Only issue that I noticed was that they didn't check any of our card to confirm we were all certified to go on the dive. The rest of the group were more experienced, and I felt comfortable with where I was (might have been helpful that I had just completed a thorough course right a week before)

Great experience - only wish I had more time to dive in Bali

Dear tjv967 - Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor ;-) I particularly appreciated that you wrote about depths, what you saw, etc - it's often lacking in reviews.

I am (of course!) delighted to hear that your group of 5divers and 2non-divers enjoyed your time with AMD-B, and that the pre-arrival organisation with Sarah went smoothly.

The maximum ratio (in AquaMarine of guide:divers is 1:4 so to have 2guides for your 5divers is 'normal' for us.

Yes, the difference between 18m and 25m somewhere like the USAT Liberty Shipwreck is not noticeable: The water is warm, no current, vis is good.

Thank you for letting us know that the guides didn't review your C-cards: They should... I have a Guide & Driver Mtg on Wed next week and will 'remind' them!

"Great experience - only wish I had more time to dive in Bali" - hope you make it back here again before too long!