“Good hotel, just a little on the pricey side.”
Review of The Kubu Hotel

The Kubu Hotel
Ranked #102 of 283 Kuta B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The rooms are clean and comfortable. But the wifi is a bit weak and the price is non negotiable. But not bad for kuta.

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed March 15, 2012

i found this hotel 'ok'. i stayed for 3 nights,the hotel with their 27 rooms were fully occupied at that time (almost every night, so booking is a must) and the staff, though not too many, were friendly.
Breakfast was standard but ok, i like the pool, is a good pool to hang out and make friends with other guest.
My only problem was with the drainage system of all the bathrooms in level 1, they needs to be repaired, the water doesn't drain well. but if you stay either in level 2 or 3 they should be alright.
About the price, it might not the cheapest hotel but it's quite cheap compare with other hotels near by.

Room Tip: rooms in level 2 and 3 don't have problem with the drainage system.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ksatria
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I had been there since last year, The Hotel is quite difficult to find if you never know Kuta Beach, However the room is not well cleaned. However I compared what I paid . It was good to have the hotel with swimming pool and close the the mall n beach. I will come back here agian

Love, Natha 2011

Room Tip: Please don't exchange money in a small changer, they will cheat you!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2012

No bell boy but a nice and helpful security guard. No pick up service as reserved but nice taxi drivers at 1 o'clock in the morning. Welcome to Bali :) Maybe not as nice as on the pics and not spotless clean, but cockroaches and mold you have everywhere on islands even in luxurious hotels especially when it's raining.If you want luxuriousness for a budget price than please stay home.If you appreciate a good location a bed and a shower, great pool, warm hospitality and a simple but made with love breakfast than the Kubu hotel could be perfect for you!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lieumoon
Reviewed February 15, 2012

It was my 3rd trip to Bali, but it was my first stay experience with Kubu Hotel.

On the day of our arrival, it was raining quite heavily. No bellboy or anyone to assist us with our luggages. We have to do it ourselves with the assistance of our drivers.

When i checked into my room, i was very depressed with the size of my room! I suspect Tune Hotel Kuta is only slightly smaller in size, but should be much cleaner! The bathroom was a disaster as i saw a croacroch running around! There is also signs of ceiling leakage in most rooms!

My parents had to check in to a room without hot shower (upper floor) despite my reservation for deluxe rooms, but we managed to changed rooms on the next day. Besides that, my mother also complained that the bedsheet and blanket were yellowish & smelly! Anyway, the house keeping changed for her immediately upon request.

Most of the rooms had the problem of "banjir" in the toilet. The whole bathroom is wet and flooded and my fiance could not take his shower.

My room reservation include one extra bed. It was again very disappointing that the mattress (not a bed, take note) given was half dry, half wet. As mentioned, the room size is limited, to fit in an extra mattress would mean no space to walk! However, i have to say that there was no extra charge to the extra "bed".

The breakfast was another disappointing thing during our stay. The staff were really really slow and blur. The breakfast was very very simple, toasted bread (2 slices), butter and strawberry jam + scramble eggs! I am a very small eater, yet, i didn't feel enough! Some of our servings are un-toasted bread! Just normal bread!

Another thing i wish to mention. On our check out day, it was actually the same day we were supposed to be leaving Bali. Our flights is 10p.m., so we actually requested for conscierge service to look after our baggages after check out, until we actually leave the hotel to catch our flights. The staff were "smart" for implying that they cannot guarantee the safety of our baggages, we can store our baggages at the lobby at our own risk. Hence, we had no choice but to pay more and extend one of the rooms till 6p.m. so that we can have a proper place to store all our luggages!

I made my room reservation directly with the hotel (not through any agents like agoda). I have to say that the email responses were always very very slow, and my queries were always not answered accordingly. I suspect the staff is not very proficient in English.

Overall, this hotel is as good as a no-frill hotel. It does not have kettle, no toiletries for us. We saw a lot of backpackers in the hotel, most of them are Australians. I consider myself quite an extensive travellers and I almost could not accept the poor service delivered by the staff and the hotel as a whole. I believe there are other better places in Kuta for budget stays.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank pollywoon
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed there 2 weeks a go. We had the room with ac, hot water & tv (don't bother about the tv - local channel only) on the 1st floor for the first night (rp 300k) and it was ok, the next day we moved to room with fan & cold water (rp 175k), on the 3rd floor a little bit warm but we got the balcony. Well, they have good bed & basically the differences only in ac & the water really. And around the hotel there's a bunch of small restaurant or "warung", tattoo shop, & very cheap laundry place.

The staff are very nice & friendly although it's a bit annoying because we have to remind them constantly to make up our room & deliver fresh towel. They only serve one type of breakfast everyday which consist of 2 toasts, buter & jam, a little bit of scramble eggs, a slice of watermelon and a choice of tea or coffee. But you can only order up until 10am.

The location also good it is between poppies 1 and 2, easy to go anywhere but could be a bit difficult to get a cab in or out since the road is insanely narrow. And on the weekends it could be very noisy considering the hotel is quite close with some pubs, but during the day the hotel is quiet and you can relax in the small pool.

Also they can assist to arrange the transportation for you to go to any destinations in Bali which I found very helpfull and you can bargain! I paid rp 60k for airport transfer which I didn't mind to pay because I didn't have to go to legian main road and wait for a cab.

For sure I will coming back to this hotel for my next trip because it is a nice & clean hotel with affordable price & friendly staff .

Room Tip: Room #308 has a great view
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank EarthTraveler2905
Reviewed October 23, 2011

oct 2011 : Price = simple room (fan and cold water) = 175 000 rp, and soom with hot water and AC = 300 000 rp.
The simple room is very good.

good place in kuta = beetween poppies lanes 1 & 2.
quiet, and small hotel
it s a new hotel, so clean, good bed, and very nice pool.

employees are nice, and friendly.

so, good place.

very good quality for the price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo