“Kuta Central is the best for medium budget hotel”

Kuta Central Park Hotel
Ranked #68 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Being my 3rd trip to Bali, I thought I may stay somewhere else. So I booked at a place in Seminyak (Bali Ayu hotel) What a dump it turned out to be. We fled there after 2 nights and promptly checked back into Quest. It was such a relief to get back there as it is my haven from the hustle and bustle of the busy Kuta area. It is just so handy to so many other things, ie. supermarket about 2 minute walk around the corner to purchase toiletries (not that you need them as the hotel has you covered), a bakery 3 minutes walk, circle k for buying cheaps cigs and bintangs, 10 minute walk to Kuta Legian rd. The staff are so friendly and helpful, always willing to sit for a few minutes and have a talk about things we may have not have seen. Out the front of the hotel, there are private drivers that work for very reasonable prices to take you out of the local area and get you up to the volcano or rice terraces etc. They are not connected to the hotel itself but they work at the same spot and I have never had a problem with one of them. They are on time and try to give you the most out of your day trip. They will suggest other places close to where you going that you may be interested in.
Back to the hotel, clean, good air con, bathrooms that are more than satisfactory and friendly staff. What more could you ask for? Breakfast included and although pork bacon is not on the breakfast menu, they have it and will cook it for westerners as they know we do not mind a bit of bacon and eggs for breaky. They also order in vegemite and a few other things they know we like. If you sleep in and miss breafast, there is a Bali Bakery about 3 minutes walk up the road where you can get the most delicious meals for really budget prices.
All I can say is once again, this was my 3rd trip to Bali, I have tried somewhere else but I keep coming back. Thanks Gusdek and Adam in the restaurant, you guys are the best.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get the Studio room. They are huge and give you loads of room to spread out your l...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank littlemissbigboots
Kuta Central P, General Manager at Kuta Central Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Littlemissbigboots,

Thank you for your review about our hotel. We are pleased to inform you that we have just opened new spa room with Jacuzzi and Sauna also a new Gyms. Hopefully you will be back to stay with us in your next trip to Bali.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Updating in my final days at this hotel, I'm not sure what happened to my other review that's not yet published.

Our stay could not get any worse they started renovating in our floor so we had to put up with hammering and scraping of furniture, drilling, most unpleasant when you are trying to relax and watch a movie in your room.

I organised for a transfer to the airport for when I was departing as they said on the Internet if you stay more than 3 days you get 1 transfer to the airport, when I went to book at Reception they told me that would cost me to have this I advised them of what the Internet said and they then agreed, so it would seem if they can get away with charging you fit the transfer they will, great customer service..... NOT!!!

The gym equipment was removed from the gym area, not sure why so was unable to use this facility.

I have noticed that a lot of people on trip advisor have raved about this hotel being fantastic and the staff were very obliging with upgrades but I have found the experience to be pitty full and thus hotel definately lacks in customer service, I would suggest to management do further training in this area it would certainly go a long way.

I can not say will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Trudy B

Dear Trudy B,

Thank you for your review about our Hotel. We deeply regret to your convenience during your stay with us. We have a small renovation in the room that made some noise in your room. About the transfer we granted free Airport pick up for minimum stay of three nights, so you should not be charged. For your information we have moved all the Gyms equipment to our new Gyms room which is much more comfortable. We are more than happy if you may give us one more chance to serve you better in your next trip to Bali.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Before setting off to Bali, my wife had viewed some of the reviews posted for this hotel, and I must say we were both a bit concerned, but to be honest, upon arrival we were made to feel very welcome, the staff were professional, friendly and efficient. granted that the situation of the hotel isn't the best, but the idea for a hotel in Bali is to have somewhere nice to sleep, and we did have this, the room was large, clean, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was good too, we had no complaints at all about the hotel or the staff, as a base camp for visiting Bali, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Bali is a destination where you need to get out and explore, and this hotel offers just as much as any beach front hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2013

... though quite far from the beach (20 mins if you don't get lost) and in an unfortunate surroundings of an industrial zone. The staff are very helpful and the food is delicious. Rooms are spacious, although the view is not very impressive (as stated in the description of the superior room at their web page). Also, check the prices at the hotel's lounge bar *before* ordering something. It can be quite expensive.

Room Tip: If you like your peace and quiet, make sure you don't take the room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jure M
Kuta Central P, General Manager at Kuta Central Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Jure M,

Thank you for taking your time to review our Hotel. We are more than happy to receive your positive comment about our property. We just want to share with you that our new Spa Room with Sauna and Jacuzzi and Gyms will be ready by the latest end of October. We hope these new additional facilities will make your next trip more memorable.

I Made Yadnya

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had booked a room with balcony via Balihotelguide.com, once we arrived and wanted to check-in the rooms with balcony were not available any more. Luckily the nice lady at the reception named Rika, was trying to find a solution immediately. Her offer was that we could stay one day in a room without a balcony and to check the next morning if we wanted to have a room with terrace or balcony. We chose the balcony and somebody helped us very good to move our luggage the next morning. Breakfast is typical Asian and for Europeans there was not a lot. But that was totally not a major issue for us. The location for two people is good if you rent a motorbike like we did. The beach is 5 minutes drive, legian street is less then 3 minutes and the shopping malls are around 10 minutes drive. A supermarket is around the corner. We had a very pleasant stay. My compliments.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank QuincyMambo

Dear Quincy Mambo,

Thank you for your stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not get the room as per your booking upon arrival. We appreciate your cooperation that you were moved one day after. We will take a look about the breakfast menu as you mentioned. By the way thanks for your good comment about our property.

I Made Yadnya

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The location of this hotel is not quite ok, near a super market and ACE, and not far from Carrefour Kuta shopping streets. Breakfast is yummy, the fried rice, noodle and fruits are all good. The swimming pool is nice originally, but too many people eat and drink there, it makes the water to be turbid. The housekeeping service of the hotel is bad. We stay there for 4 nights, the bed sheet is not clean and with brown spots on it everyday. We call them to change, but still the same. And there's no slippers in the room, we call the housekeeping for "three times" to get my slipper, such a nice efficiency...There's too many mosquitos in the room, it makes us sleepless.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Kuta Central P, General Manager at Kuta Central Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Elva,

Thank you for your positive review about our breakfast. In regards to our house keeping staff who makes up your room we regret to hear about this case. Our policy the slipper for standard room is not set up in the room, however we provide on request only. By the way once again we appreciate your review about our hotel facilities and services and we take this case as our advantage to improve our better services in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel staff showed us to our room and it was nice and comfy. My friend who is a married couple needs to rush in meeting a photographer for pre-wedding at 9 pm. He went for a shower first, slightly turn on the tap and suddenly the whole shower tap dropped on the floor. Since both of them are in rush, he quickly finish the shower and followed by the wife. Then they took the shower tap and informed the hotel management that the shower tap broken.

This entire thing happened within 30 minutes after my friend check-in to the room 150 and to my surprise, the hotel asked us to pay for the losses of USD 65 only for the freaking old shower tap. The manager claimed that it was our fault to broke the cap but my friend said he just slightly turn on the tap and it fallen onto the floor. We argued for almost 1 hour and there were no conclusion. The manager changed another room for my friend from 150 to 252 and we wanted to meet their general manager to discuss further.

The hotel GM insist us to pay with a discounted 50% of 337,500 rupiah, we are very disappointed with this. We refused to pay a single cent and the manager whole deal with us claimed that he will report to police and blocked us from returning to Malaysia. My friend was worried when we were threatened and ended paying 337,500 rupiah.

Our argument on this whole incident:-
1. Shower tap broken within 30 minutes after check-in, doesn't it prove it is item defect?
2. Kuta Central Park Hotel was previously Quest Hotel, only operating for 2 years. How long does Quest Hotel operate? The manager said 2 years but when we asked taxi driver, they said 4-5 years. Doesn't it proven that the hotel is old and some item will break anytime?
3. We get to know from the hotel staff that similar incident happened 1 week before our arrival, once again, doesn't it prove that the hotel is old and item get defect?

Why should we pay when the hotel item are defect?????
My friend who are familiar with construction field complained that the price charged on shower tap is far more expensive that the cost.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndrinaCheng
Kuta Central P, General Manager at Kuta Central Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Andrina Cheng,

Thank you for your review of Kuta Central Park Hotel.

I am very sorry with the accident happened during your stay, however before we make any decision to charge you for the broken shower tab I have double checked again to our team and we found that everything in the room was in a good preparation for our upcoming guest on that day, and also this shower tab was working properly. We were trying to be flexible by offering 50% off from the price and also need to share with you that the price we offer to you is net price that we got from our supplier without any mark up.

Mr. Andrina, you are right that we were managed by Aston for 2 years and we becoming an independent hotel as per 1 February 2013. The hotel has been opened since May 2011.

Once again I am sorry for the poor experiences that you experienced at our property and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Kind regards,