“A Five Star Experience”

Kuta Central Park Hotel
Ranked #68 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Thanks to Agoda.com, we booked our two weeks' stay in this Lovely Quest Kuta Central Park Hotel. This place is very well located, clean ambience, spacious rooms, and a lovely Cafe, and friendly staff. Our experience far exceeded our expectations. We would love to come back here if we visit Bali next time.

We particularly appreciate the responses we received from the Asst. Manager (Ms. Widi?) when we approached her with some minor issues, and the way Mr. Sumatra and Mr. Vartha looked after our special diet (strictly vegetarians) in the Lotus Pond Restaurant. Each and every employee in the Hotel treated us with care and with a smile. Everyone, whether it is security, or in front office, room service staff and others, we found them well groomed, well trained, and were ever ready to assist the guests if approached.

Thank you Quest Kuta Central Park for making our Holiday really special!!!

Jagannath Mallya, Bangalore, India

Room Tip: Studio rooms facing the swimming pool on the ground fllor
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jagan M
QuestKuta, Public Relations Manager at Kuta Central Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Dear Jagannath, thank you for staying with us! We couldn't be happier knowing our guests really enjoyed their stay and had a wonderful experience. We always try our best to make our guests feel comfortable and it was a pleasure for us to arrange your special vegetarian diet. I will ensure our chef Sumatra and FB Manager Vartha received your praise for their service. Please check out our website and enjoy our best price guarantee program if you book directly from us for your next stay. Looking forward to welcoming you again.

There are newer reviews for Kuta Central Park Hotel

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Just like they advertise, the place is very cool, the AC and the pool will keep any vacationer happy. The cleanliness is also great, they have an amazing staff working around the clock making sure everything looks spotless. The breakfast is OK, we had it for the special introductory price of $7 the first morning, but after that just went elsewhere. The pizza was really great, we ordered it to our room on a couple of occasions, and it was a life saver. The beds were big and comfy. They did a great job making sure we were taken cate of.

The place is a bit of a walk, or a short taxi ride, from the main part of Kuta, but that was great for us. We wanted to get away from the craziness a bit. I would definitely recommend Kuta for a shorter stay or a longer one, they will make sure to make you happy!

Room Tip: Avoid room 284, where we were first, as it has no window. They moved us right away to room 222, whic...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lindsey F
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I booked this hotel on a whim as Airasiago were offering a great hotel and flight combo that was too good to refuse.

At a little over $50 a night, I just hoped that it was clean and tidy. The hotel soon exceeded my expectations.

The sleek and modern design concept extended to more than just the exterior. Quest featured beautiful deep purple furnishings and fixtures throughout, an elegant but efficient lobby, friendly and professional service and 5 star facilities.

The location is not perfect. The main problem is not the distance from the main tourist streets of nightclubs and restaurants (which is only a short ten minute stroll) but more the fact that you have to cross a very busy main road to get there. We found it almost impossible to cross and you literally just have to step out and pray to god that nobody runs you over. I would recommend walking down to the road and waiting for a taxi, they are super cheap anyway. If it is your first time to Bali or you are planning your dream Bali holiday I wouldn't recommend staying here, based solely on location. However, if you are one of the many regular Bali visitors who have been there so many times that you purely just want to relax by the pool and only do a few touristy things then I guarantee that this hotel is perfect to just relax and easy to take a short taxi ride to the things you really want to go to.

Other than location, below are the major pros and cons.

Pros:
- Rooms and bathrooms
The rooms are tastefully decorated with well-designed feature walls, high ceilings, very comfy beds, LCD TV's and large modern bathrooms. As the hotel is very new, all furniture and facilities are fresh and clean.

- Swimming Pool
The swimming pool is spotlessly clean and stylish with a great infinity style design. It also has a separate kid's pool. Towels are readily available and the sun chairs are comfy and sturdy.

- Swim-up Bar
The swim-up bar has decent cocktails that aren't too expensive. The mojitos and strawberry crushes are tasty.

- Restaurant
The attached restaurant (Lotus Pond Cafe) is very affordable and has quite a decent range of food.

- Spa Services
Very professional massage services and very cheap too. I paid 200,000 rupiah for a 90 minute traditional Balinese massage where I got to choose which massage oil scent I wanted and that's pretty good value compared to other hotels.

- Overall 4 star feel
The staff's professionalism and little details such as stocked mini bar, swipe access room cards and the supply of complimentary toiletries make this hotel seem in a much higher category than other 3-star hotels.

Cons:
- Location
As previously mentioned, the location is just a little bit out of the main section. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what you want.

- Breakfast
Breakfast is not the best in any Bali hotels to be honest, as they rarely have pork bacon and hash browns are often substituted for potato wedges. The breakfast here wasn't the worst that I've had, but I did feel that it catered more to an Asian tourist - lots of rice, noodles and curries, which to me, is not breakfast. Again, that's just my interpretation.

On a final note, the hotel was very impressive and spotlessly clean and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank Mitch P
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here after 7 nights in Sentosa Villas and we were rather pleasantly surprised. We were due to stay in the sister hotel Aston Inn however they had a power cut so paid for us to travel to the new hotel and upgraded us for the trouble. Due to this we got very good value for money paying only $68 on booking.com. The staff were friendly enough and the location wasn't too bad. It was about a 15min walk to tourist shops and restaurants. I would not have spent our whole holiday here as it was a very tourist built area and we seemed to get hassled by shop owners or people selling things, this didn't happen in Seminyak. Cocktails at the hotel bar were not very interesting although they had a wide choice. The breakfast was included for us but after coming fom 5* villas it wasn't that great. They pointed you to a table and you help yourself. It was very busy and the food was bland. Also there was not much option. The pool looked lovely however it was raining the one day we were there so didn't use it. The rooms were very big with high ceilings and the bathrooms very clean.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2012

My now fiancé and I stayed at the quest for 7 days on our first trip to Bali. We had a lovely spaces clean room. We loved the staff and how amazingly friendly they were they always had a smile of there and we're so happy to see you! We then went to a bit posher hotel in nusa dua which I think they need to learn from the quest staff of how to great and treat there customers! Overall great stay and would recommend :) :)

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Jc22vd
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed 14 nights at this hotel over the Christmas period and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The hotel is clean and bright, being quite new. The rooms are very well set up and always clean. Buffet breakfast is pleasant with plenty of choices. My only complaints would be that the pool is really too small for a hotel of this size and there are not enough DVD players to go around if the hotel is fully booked. These were minor issues for us and did not impact our holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank A P
Reviewed January 4, 2012

There are much better options in Bali. The hotel is nicely decorated. There is a nice pool and breakfast is good. Interior rooms are lit by an artificial skylight with flourescent lighting. Better than nothing... Service is often confusing for staff as they scramble inefficiently to get a lot of things done. I had bartenders follow me up to my room to get me to sign a bar bill after I left the bar. :-s The pool was mainly overrun by large groups (10+) of twenty-something Australians. They were often in the pool and at the swim up bar drinking all day long. I felt that the location of this hotel was way too far removed from the shopping, beaches and nightlife. You have to take taxis into the main areas of Bali or else walk for 30+ minutes. I had to wait up to 30 minutes for taxis at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not an interior room so you can have a window.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo