“Modern, stylish, spotlessly clean and outstanding value for money”

Kuta Central Park Hotel
Ranked #105 of 338 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Modern, stylish, spotlessly clean and outstanding value for money”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I booked this hotel on a whim as Airasiago were offering a great hotel and flight combo that was too good to refuse.

At a little over $50 a night, I just hoped that it was clean and tidy. The hotel soon exceeded my expectations.

The sleek and modern design concept extended to more than just the exterior. Quest featured beautiful deep purple furnishings and fixtures throughout, an elegant but efficient lobby, friendly and professional service and 5 star facilities.

The location is not perfect. The main problem is not the distance from the main tourist streets of nightclubs and restaurants (which is only a short ten minute stroll) but more the fact that you have to cross a very busy main road to get there. We found it almost impossible to cross and you literally just have to step out and pray to god that nobody runs you over. I would recommend walking down to the road and waiting for a taxi, they are super cheap anyway. If it is your first time to Bali or you are planning your dream Bali holiday I wouldn't recommend staying here, based solely on location. However, if you are one of the many regular Bali visitors who have been there so many times that you purely just want to relax by the pool and only do a few touristy things then I guarantee that this hotel is perfect to just relax and easy to take a short taxi ride to the things you really want to go to.

Other than location, below are the major pros and cons.

Pros:
- Rooms and bathrooms
The rooms are tastefully decorated with well-designed feature walls, high ceilings, very comfy beds, LCD TV's and large modern bathrooms. As the hotel is very new, all furniture and facilities are fresh and clean.

- Swimming Pool
The swimming pool is spotlessly clean and stylish with a great infinity style design. It also has a separate kid's pool. Towels are readily available and the sun chairs are comfy and sturdy.

- Swim-up Bar
The swim-up bar has decent cocktails that aren't too expensive. The mojitos and strawberry crushes are tasty.

- Restaurant
The attached restaurant (Lotus Pond Cafe) is very affordable and has quite a decent range of food.

- Spa Services
Very professional massage services and very cheap too. I paid 200,000 rupiah for a 90 minute traditional Balinese massage where I got to choose which massage oil scent I wanted and that's pretty good value compared to other hotels.

- Overall 4 star feel
The staff's professionalism and little details such as stocked mini bar, swipe access room cards and the supply of complimentary toiletries make this hotel seem in a much higher category than other 3-star hotels.

Cons:
- Location
As previously mentioned, the location is just a little bit out of the main section. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what you want.

- Breakfast
Breakfast is not the best in any Bali hotels to be honest, as they rarely have pork bacon and hash browns are often substituted for potato wedges. The breakfast here wasn't the worst that I've had, but I did feel that it catered more to an Asian tourist - lots of rice, noodles and curries, which to me, is not breakfast. Again, that's just my interpretation.

On a final note, the hotel was very impressive and spotlessly clean and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank Mitch P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Horley, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here after 7 nights in Sentosa Villas and we were rather pleasantly surprised. We were due to stay in the sister hotel Aston Inn however they had a power cut so paid for us to travel to the new hotel and upgraded us for the trouble. Due to this we got very good value for money paying only $68 on booking.com. The staff were friendly enough and the location wasn't too bad. It was about a 15min walk to tourist shops and restaurants. I would not have spent our whole holiday here as it was a very tourist built area and we seemed to get hassled by shop owners or people selling things, this didn't happen in Seminyak. Cocktails at the hotel bar were not very interesting although they had a wide choice. The breakfast was included for us but after coming fom 5* villas it wasn't that great. They pointed you to a table and you help yourself. It was very busy and the food was bland. Also there was not much option. The pool looked lovely however it was raining the one day we were there so didn't use it. The rooms were very big with high ceilings and the bathrooms very clean.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2012

My now fiancé and I stayed at the quest for 7 days on our first trip to Bali. We had a lovely spaces clean room. We loved the staff and how amazingly friendly they were they always had a smile of there and we're so happy to see you! We then went to a bit posher hotel in nusa dua which I think they need to learn from the quest staff of how to great and treat there customers! Overall great stay and would recommend :) :)

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Jc22vd
Great Western, Australia
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed 14 nights at this hotel over the Christmas period and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The hotel is clean and bright, being quite new. The rooms are very well set up and always clean. Buffet breakfast is pleasant with plenty of choices. My only complaints would be that the pool is really too small for a hotel of this size and there are not enough DVD players to go around if the hotel is fully booked. These were minor issues for us and did not impact our holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank A P
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 4, 2012

There are much better options in Bali. The hotel is nicely decorated. There is a nice pool and breakfast is good. Interior rooms are lit by an artificial skylight with flourescent lighting. Better than nothing... Service is often confusing for staff as they scramble inefficiently to get a lot of things done. I had bartenders follow me up to my room to get me to sign a bar bill after I left the bar. :-s The pool was mainly overrun by large groups (10+) of twenty-something Australians. They were often in the pool and at the swim up bar drinking all day long. I felt that the location of this hotel was way too far removed from the shopping, beaches and nightlife. You have to take taxis into the main areas of Bali or else walk for 30+ minutes. I had to wait up to 30 minutes for taxis at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not an interior room so you can have a window.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jen31373
Melbourne
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We only stayed here one night before we were off to the Gilli Islands. Room was huge with a very comfy bed. Very clean and huge bathroom. Did not use any facilities but pool looked very nice and staff were friendly.
Not sure if it is in a good location or not as I was very lost when we arrived and we never ventured out as we just flew in from Australia so we were exhausted seemed to be only about 20 mins from airport so not bad if you want central Kuta.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leslie S
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 15, 2011

It's been a good time to stay in Quest hotel. I think for hotel in Bali quest giving a good value. What I like a most that they can serve a good simple food, with a good presentation. I'm not a imagine that quest can give a nice food presentation like 5 stars hotel.
The spa it's great, the message are great so relaxing. For a business traveler or vacation, it's a good place stay.

• Stayed December 2011