“Good hotel, but not sure I'll be back”

Kuta Central Park Hotel
Ranked #67 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed here based on some pretty good reviews, so was expecting a decent stay.
But ended up wishing we'd chosen to stay in the Nusa Dua area instead.
The hotel wasn't really close to anything, you couldn't really walk to Legian st- it's not the most comfortable walk and the sidewalks are dangerous to walk on at night because they've got massive holes all over the place (in some streets near the hotel). But location is good if you need a hotel close to the airport- it is literally 10 minutes away and the roads are easily accessible (i.e. you are less likely to be caught in a traffic jam than you would in legian st or kuta beach)
The service is great- the staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. And they remembered your names. They are absolutely wonderful!
The rooms are decent, simple and clean so it's well-worth the price. My only complaint though would be the really thin walls. Every morning we stayed there we'd have children knocking on our doors for about 15 minutes and they won't go away (where were their parents???) and every morning there'd be families screaming down the hallway (they probably weren't screaming but the walls were REALLY thin). Nights were a headache too because you could hear everything- all the people coming back from the clubs and people talking down the hallway. My boyfriend was staying in the room by the pool and literally got no sleep because there would be so much noise every morning and all night every night. We were on the 3rd floor so we were much better off... until the morning came.
There are also no restaurants or shops near the hotel, except for Ace hardware and Giant supermarket, so it wasn't really an ideal location for us.
The food at the hotel is also pretty bad.
Overall, a pretty decent stay but with the bad location, bad food and all the noise.. I'm not sure we'd come back to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank tat1500
QuestKuta, Guest Relations Manager at Kuta Central Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Quest Kuta. We take all reviews and comments very seriously, and would like to assist in clarifying some issues raised.

Quest Kuta is a 5 min walk to Legian, please have a look at our location on google maps to see how close it is. We also provide a free shuttle 3 times a day which has its first stop at Legian before heading to other areas.

Bali's roads and sidewalks can sometimes be difficult to navigate, but the Indonesian government is working to improve its streets, hence the projects in some areas. These projects are being done all over Bali, including Nusa Dua.

The airport is a 15 min drive away. With low levels of traffic it can be an even shorter time frame especially because the hotel's location is near a street with direct access to the main road making it a straight shot to the airport.

Quest Kuta is located in Central Park, which is a shopping center area. There are tons of restaurants, shops, salons, coffee shops, supermarkets, etc within the center. Our front desk staff can provide guests with a map or assistance in finding any hot spots close or far from the hotel.

We have selected a international menu to cater to all guests and are working to develop the menu even further. Next week we have a culinary event where the chefs from all Aston, Fave, Quest, and Kamuela brand hotels and villas will come together to challenge each other in a competition to develop new dishes. Come back again and we hope to impress you with some new additions to the menu from the winning chefs.

As for the noise around the pool, we appreciate your feedback and have decided to close the pool at 7pm each night to make sure guests are not disturbing those sleeping in rooms near the pool.

We do hope you can come back to stay with us. Quest Kuta is a brand new hotel which soft opened in May 2011. We hope all our guests give feedback so we can continue to evolve to suit everyone's needs and make their stay in Bali truly great one.

There are newer reviews for Kuta Central Park Hotel

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I took the studio room for 5 days during my 3 week Bali trip. The best thing about this hotel for sure is the service, because it's just great. I changed rooms twice because the hotel is expanding and I found it a little noisy. The other time was because I got a room that was lying inside the hotel (they only have a couple of those) so it didn't have windows which I didn't like. The staff made every effort to provide me with a room that I liked and was always very nice and welcoming.
The room was pretty big and clean, with a nice bathroom (also very clean). They provide a pretty big in-room safe (big enough for notebooks) and free wi-fi! I found the breakfast buffet alright - nothing special but food was okay. The in-room food service, though, is EXCELLENT. Fresh food and very tasty. Also very good is the Spa - very relaxing atmosphere and nice staff.
The hotel itself is in a good location, you need about 10minutes to the beach and if you take a cab you won't be stuck in traffic. Downside is the pool because it does not get much sun during the day. All in all I would recommend staying here if you decide to stay in Kuta (lots of tourists and not the real Bali).

Room Tip: Book a room with pool views and none of the rooms to the inside with no window.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank mariecharlotte5
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed at the quest in may what a great experience, a quiet are in kuta about 10 mins walk to legeon street the hotel is new and the facilities are top rate, I have a bad back and worry about beds but no need they are soft pillow top mattresses, staff fantastic I had my birthday there and got a knock at the door to find 5 staff there singing happy birthday and gave me a great cake, birthday wishes and all took my photo with the group and gave me the photo, our brekkie was fine plenty to choose from the hotel was very clean, staff couldn't do enough for us, when we needed a taxi they arrived in about 4 mins, security checked and wrote down drivers I.D. And taxi company and number, the pool was good but the sail stopped a bit of the sun in summer it would be fine, the price was ok, if you don't like the hotel your very hard to please, we hired a driver/guide independently for 400000 rup for the day or 250 rup per half day. Would I go back to this hotel in a heart beat a big YES.

Room Tip: We chose a superior room which was perfect, and the hotel has a lift so no stairs to climb great for...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sas2744
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Hotel is fine overall. Pool is rather small but, the service is great, helpful staff, rooms are really clean and modern. Close to Kuta and legian.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Arwin_Lusiana
Reviewed June 28, 2011

If one is looking to stay in Kuta, then this is the place! Its a great hotel with excellent rooms (very clean), very good housekeeping, very friendly staff with a very casual and relaxed atmosphere! Its about 10 minutes by taxi to the famous Kuta beach (and about 15 minutes by walking given the ver busy traffic on the beach road) and about the same time to the Legian market area and the famous night life. What takes the cake is the tariff - its absolutely value for money with free wi-fi and a very reasonably priced restaurant and mini bar! The breakfast spread was awesome on all the 6 days that we stayed in the hotel! Its everything you want in a hotel without having to pay the earth for it!

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank dipsroy
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Firstly we were not picked up at the airport as prearranged, so two hours later we finally got picked up. We booked a One bedroom suite with "welcome drink each night " and breakfast.
We were given a two bed suite on arrival , their mistake , which when we booked in we said we had only booked a one bedroom - no problem its a upgrade they said.
Next morning at 0800 get a phonecall to ask me to pack up the bags by 1200 to move us to our proper room - not happy did not want to spend my holiday time moving stuff around , although as the room had a odd smell to it I was happy to move - next room unfortunately had the same smell - it was a waterlogged type of smell ( like river water ) and each day when we showered the room adjoining the bedroom flooded - not the bathroom , the sitting room !
The staff were very helpfull and were always very pleasent to deal with although they didnt quite ever resolve the flooding problem - after many attempts and tubes of silastic. there was quite a communication problem too , which in the better hotels I havent found.
I probaly wouldnt stay here as it is more geared toward local / malay tourist ( food etc ) and is out of kuta and the main areas.
We were probaly one of only two or three european guests so i think they arent looking at catering to the europen market.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andy&suey
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I took the studio room for our honeymoon vacation
The service was excellent, the staff are very nice, they greet everyone with smile...
A comfortable room and clean with a free high speed internet wireless!
The queen size bed giving me a nice dream every night and makes me hard to wake up in the morning :p
The swimming pool is too small for me and only 1,2 meters deep :(
The location to the beach isnt too far, it takes 15 minutes walk. This hotel surrounded by cafe, hair and body massage salon, Giant supermarket, ace hardware, and many clothing store.
I like this hotel very much and we'll be back later :)

Room Tip: I recommend to take a room on 2nd floor above