“Bakery to Die For" Every day needs” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 73 Shopping in Kuta
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Bakery to Die For" Every day needs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

Ground floor is restaurant and book shop and car park
2nd level is boutiques and play zone
3rd level is food hall and shoes shop
4th is hypermart with chemist and additional chemist, some small Crepe eatery and ice cream shop.
I was a bit disappointed at the amount of things to look at in the few lower levels. Mostly boutiques at high end prices, or cheap quality toy shop very over priced.
Second level is a game zone for kids, looked like fun.

Yet when i got up to Carrefour hypermart on top floor That's when the fun began.
Toys, things for pools, house hold items, minimal clothing.

I picked up airwalker shoes for $24au back in Australia there $60+
Children and adults shoes/sandals AND IN MY SIZE TO ( us8 or euro 39)which was rare. Shoes were cheap. We bought back a few pairs each.
Many Many baby items, such as bottles, clothes, food, bibs, cot accessories, wipes,baby lotion etc.
If your travelling with a baby/toddler like myself, I had a 1 years old,BUY HERE!!
I brought back 10 big Lavender Johnson and Johnson Baby Powders which are no longer available in Perth. I picked em up for $1.10 each.
Novelty tooth pastes and brushes.
Electrical Section is big- hubby loved a stereo/mps/compatible/recorded -burgundy coloured unit for $120au but it was to big to bring back as we already reached our planes bag limit otherwise we would have bought it.
Bench water coolers heats and chills it was so light weight and at only $13au was worth just buying the electrical adapter
Then we reached the grocery section. I bought loads of coffee in a can (pop them in your fridge back at hotel) Hotel didn't supply milk.
Oreo Biscuits but in never seen flavours, bubble bug, peanut paste and chocolate, ice-cream blueberry.
They have confectionery section, lollies, biscuits, chocs etc
24box of water for $2.15. Better than the 30c each i pay each at hotel an will last longer.
30box Cans Coke $10.
Yoghurt's, dairy deserts, already made jelly for the kids, cheeses etc
Then down the end of the mart was the Glorious Bakers.
Tortes, flans, biscuits, chocolate dipped fingers, muffins, cupcakes,
We loaded ourselves with coconut croissants, sweet milk buns. You could go crazy in this Bakery. Very Hygienic as i saw where they make the items and when then put them out they wear gloves.
The Top floor hypermart also between bakers and cosmetic has an Apotic (Chemist) Panadol, Bali Belly tablets, Gastrolites etc Over the counter.
Cosmetics like moisturisers, under arms, powders, oils, soaps, incence, sprays, lip sticks, hair products. I couldnt find big brand or foundations.
I found a few gems. Last Isle of the cosmetics is the hair colours etc They sell Jars or This product called Ellips its in a clear jar with gold lid, Its hair vitamin Oil capsules,made from natural aloe Vera oils. They come in different colours. Cost me about $2-3 a bottle containing 50 tabs. You wet your hair and brake a tab and massage oil in and leave it in, you don't wash it out. My hair looks amazing and smells so good,,sorry i didn't buy more than 2 bottles. I got a black hair shine capsules and pink vitality hair treatment jar.
JUST A FEW TIPS
Check all items have their own bar codes, we ran into a few where they tried Selling it to us 3x the amount on the shelf.
Get all Items you bring in to the Hyper mart security checked and stickered so they cant say you stole them.

As you leave grad a bit at the lower level
AW Restoran Khas Amerika

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

We loved this place!
It's just a huge Kmart/Supermarket!
Everything in there is overpriced and not useful to a traveller eg. TV's and chairs etc.
But we still had fun looking around at all the produce, wines, bakery, confectionary!

If you pass it stop in, but don't make a special trip.

Visited October 2011
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Carrefour....Sunset Road”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

I loved this place. Souvenier and supermarket stuffs are much cheaper compare to Matahari in Kuta. There are lots of varieties to choose. Bali food and local snacks are widely available.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Dina626
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“shop till you drop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Whatever you are looking for you will find it here

Visited October 2011
3 Thank Susanne H
perth, w,australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“I Love This Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

This is one of my favourite places in Bali, its not far from the Galleria, you go up a few escalators to the top floor. It is HUGE!! On one side, its electrical, through to books, kitchen, laundry etc (like a K-Mart), clothes and shoes in the middle, then cosmetics, personal care etc, then through to food and food products. And the cakes...oh my goodness, where do i start? If you were staying in Bali for longer than a week or so, great place to buy food and treats, very cheap, and a very clean department store. We didn't eat at the food court downstairs, we ate at a restraunt on the ground floor, it was really, really great.

Visited August 2011