“relaxing sunset dinner ....”

Romantic Dinner in Jimbaran Bay
Ranked #257 of 1,136 Restaurants in Kuta
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Special Partner For Your Vacation and Memorable Event
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Sunset dinner at Jimbaran is included in our package tour in Bali. The tour agent arranged we dinned at this Gekko the Ocean. Dinner on the sandy beach, facing the sea, waiting for the sunset. So romantic like in the movie. It is very relaxing because you are free to move about on the beach. We had seafood BBQ. The food is simple but I rated it as good and fresh.

In the midst of our dinner, a group of street performers go round the table and sing to the diner. They can sing both English and Chinese songs. After singing, just give them a small amount of money as a token of thanks. They accept any amount and did not ask for more.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Been here couple of time, the place was wonderful! I forget which restaurant I choose, but I think all of them almost the same quality. You can try amazing seafood of your own choice (but make sure you know what you choose). And it will accompanied with amazing view of the sunset on the beach. This is the right place for romantic dinner with your couple.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I cannot remember the name of the Restaurant i visited, it was selected by my wonderful driver. It was the last restaurant along the beach.

We arrived before sunset and we were seated with an umbrella to block the sun. The umbrella was dirty and looked a little moldy but it didn't bother me as I, unlike some reviewers of Bali attractions and hotels am aware that i am in BALI and not Australia or similar. Of course things are not immaculate here!

I enjoyed watching the beautiful sunset and the seafood was lovely. We definitely ordered too much food though. The staff were more than happy to wrap up our left overs which we then gave to our driver, who was very grateful!

It probably is a little expensive compared to other places to eat in Bali but it was still reasonable! I think it was worth it for the experience.

There was also a band walking around singing with Banjo and small hand drum instruments and thye sing for you at your table for a small tip. I think i gave 50 000rph (5AUD) for 2 songs. They were funny and entertaining.

1  Thank beezy86
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were recommended to try the seafood at Jimbaran Bay as an experience. We arrived in Jimbaran just after dusk after visiting the Rock Bar at Ayana Resort and Uluwatu Temple. There are many seafood restaurants (I would guess more than 12) we picked Melasti as it looked busy which is usually a good sign, and we they offered to set up a table with unobstructed views of the sea! That was where it ended unfortunately. We perused the menu, ordered water to start which came out in recycled Fanta bottles. When we asked where did the water come from the staff just laughed....not a good sign! We went inside to pick out our seafood from the tanks or bins. It was pretty grubby and dingy but ordered anyway as we were tired and just wanted to get it over and done with. After a fairly lengthy wait the waitress arrived with a large bowl of rice which she dropped on our table! After scooping it into the bowl she disappeared with it only to return with exactly the same bowl with the rice not even rearranged! 3 of us had seafood (if you order prawns in a shell you need a finger bowl!) and 1 chicken dish which was deep fried. None of it was appetizing and the service was absolutely awful! There was a nice 4 piece band playing music, the atmosphere was quite nice but overall way over priced and the worst service we had on our trip!

4  Thank GrantAOgilvie
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Delicious food, stunning sunset, balmy night, serenaded by the five piece band, with my Fab husband sipping pin a coladas...nothing more to want really....

1  Thank Piv14