“Good Value”
Review of Little Italy - CLOSED

Little Italy
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: http://littleitaly-bali.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70&Itemid=75
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We ate a little Italy before in 2010. I must say the food has improved.spaghettti marinara was served in all foil paper which I thought was clever. Real mozzarella cheese on the pizza which was pretty good. Worth visiting and siting upstairs near the balcony as you get
that Mediterranean feel or street style cafe like Fremantle .

1  Thank Westendqqq
There are newer reviews for Little Italy

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband, two daughters and I ate here on our recent trip to Bali. The food here is great and very reasonably priced. The pasta was very nice as was the mixed grill. Our children also enjoyed their pizza and pasta. This restaurant is very clean and air conditioned, which a relief from the Bali heat. We will definitely eat here again on our next trip to Bali!

1  Thank aabarker
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were walking down the street in Kuta Square on our way to another restaurant and there was a gentleman with a pizza board of Margherita. Pizza. We tried some and decided to go upstairs for dinner instead. We joked about how the pizza was probably better than the food upstairs. We shared a Margherita Pizza for entree which was pretty big. I had a spaghetti dish and my partner had tortellini. The food was amazing and the service was first class. We had a few drinks as well. We sat upstairs on the balcony overlooking Kuta Square. They also have an inside areas which is comfortably air conditioned.
On our way to settle the bill we were greeted by the owner who seemed delighted that we had a great evening.
The place had awesome ambience and great decorum. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Bronwyn B
Reviewed March 29, 2013

It's only a couple of doors down from Matahari in Kuta Square. If it weren't for the young man offering bite-size pizza samples to entice us inside we probably wouldn't have bothered as we would have missed it altogether. I tend not to venture into eateries that tout for business outside.

After walking up a flight of stairs we entered a fairly dim, yet atmospheric little aircon restaurant decked out like a trattoria with walls adorned with pictures of Italian icons of the silver screen...and a few sporting ones as well (A large picture of Marcello Lippi holding the 2006 World Cup).
There was also a 'wall of fame' of famous personalities photographed with the owner, as is usual in this type of place.

The head waiter (a delightful young Balinese man called Juventus) welcomed the 10 of us and proceeded to charm us thoroughly with his perfect Italian (apparently learnt through interacting with the Italian patrons). Needless to say, he was extremely warm, funny and welcoming and won our group over instantly.

The food importantly was very nice. My Risotto Pescatora was good (the prawns were peeled) although it could have done with a little more seafood stock I thought.
My wifes Pizza Capricciosa was excellent.
The beers were icy cold.

All of our group thoroughly enjoyed their meals and I expect we'll lunch there again being so close to Matahari.

1  Thank skiggy
Reviewed March 28, 2013

That stairway truely does lead to Heaven! Each time my family and I come to Bali we visit Little Italy at least 4 times. The food is excellent, the decor excellent and all the wait staff are amazing. Special mention must go to Juventus, who I note has also received good raps from other guests. He really is a delight (and easy on the eye too! lol!). A great command of English and other languages too I believe. I would go as far to say that this has the best pizza in Bali. Trust me my 10 year old daughter is extremely fussy, and she cannot get enough of the pizza here. I am always sad to leave Bali, but equally sad to leave Little Italy. Cannot wait unitil next March when we visit again.

1  Thank tudish