“Good ambiance but..”
Review of Little Italy - CLOSED

Little Italy
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: http://littleitaly-bali.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70&Itemid=75
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good ambiance but..”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I went to Little Italy back in April 2012 based on the review in tripadvisor. Since i stayed right in front of Kuta, i thought this restaurant was a perfect place to meet my "long time no see" friend who has just moved to Bali and catch up with her. We received a good welcome in the beginning but afterwards was quite a disappointment. The food was so long to cook, made us wondering how long the average time to cook pizza since the restaurant was not that crowded (No queue at least) and when it came we were disappointed even more. The pizza was lack of topping, as if it was only bread covered by sauce. I started to lose my appetite but then trying to be positive by thinking that other dish might have a better taste. Luckily the Cesar Salad was terrific as it has a fresh veggies and i got my appetite back. Since i love food and love to explore & try various menu in a restaurant, i suggested that we continued with ordering dessert. Unfortunately, in the middle of still eating ice cream, the waitress suddenly gave us the bill. It was quite a shock as we haven't asked for it. The waitress just stood next to me mentioning the amount that i had to pay. I gave the money and paid the bill thinking that maybe the restaurant was gonna close soon (it was 9.00PM) even though also wondering why other guests seemed still enjoying their meals.
Already felt like we were kicked out, my friend and i decided to rush out the restaurant. Since we're still curious, we then asked to other staff downstairs about the closing hour and found out that usually it's closed at 11.00PM. we suddenly felt really bad, thinking why did they "politely" kick us out while we're still enjoying dessert and there were no queue and also it was still 2 hours before the closing time. I started to think that maybe it's because we're "local tourists". Not trying to be judgmental, but i couldn't find a better reason for such attitude. I hope they can fix this lack of service and start to treat all guests equally as i believe all guests who eat there also pay the bills and expecting a good food & service in return.

Visited April 2012

• Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
“Cosy”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

After reading about this on t/a I made up my mind to go here. So glad I did, the food is amazing and great prices. Easy to find, up stairs next to McDonald's Kuta square. Service very good. There were 8 of us who ate and all our meals were yummy. Everything from soup to pizza

Melbourne, Australia
“Hidden gem!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We visited this restaurant based on the Trip Advisor reviews and definitely weren't disappointed. We actually enjoyed it so much the first time around that we went a second and it enjoyed it just as much.

Just a doorway next to Matahari, it is easy to be missed if you don't know it's there. But the food seemed authentic and the service was fantastic. We had the bruschetta and calamari entrees as well as the grilled seafood platter main to share. All 3 dishes were fantastic and so well priced.

We will definitely be coming back here again next trip to Bali!

• Visited June 2012
“Kuta Square's best kept secret”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I ate at this restaurant for the first time on this visit to Bali. It’s a very pleasant little place which is not easy to spot from ground level – that’s because it’s up a small staircase next to the McDonalds outlet in Kuta Square! There is an inside, air-conditioned area and an outside area from where you can watch the passing parade in Kuta Square below. My host was Rosie and she was delightful (could throw on a mean Aussie accent, too). I started out with a mixed pineapple and orange juice – very good. There was plenty to choose from. I went for Ravioli al Fungi, which was spinach-stuffed ravioli served with mushrooms and a cream sauce. No need for parmesan; it was rich enough. With a review for Trip Advisor in mind, I ordered a vino rosso (red wine) and was informed they only had Chianti. Okay, let’s give that a whirl. The chianti was sharp, but that took the rich edge of the sauce, so it all worked well. The portion was adequate (in fact, I barely got through it because it was quite rich).

Theirs is a fairly impressive menu which ranged from starters through to dessert and included pretty much all things Italian with the exception of scaloppini (for obvious reasons in Bali). There was bruschetta, calamari fritti, a range of seafood, a range of pasta, a range of pizza, stand-alone main courses and, of course, desserts which ranged from Tiramisu to Panna Cotta to fruit salad and other stuff. Vegetarian options, such as my ravioli, are certainly available. Cost was reasonable – one glass of Chianti was more than the ravioli and juice (such are the sacrifices I make for Trip Advisor). Open for lunch and dinner. Great for families and groups or couples and singles. Thoroughly recommended.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank northenexposure
Port Pirie, Australia
“Great ambiance”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

On our second day in Bali we walked passed Little Italy and tried the sample pizza. It was delicious and we decided to dine there that night. The pizza was fantastic and the spag bol was the best I have ever tasted (even in Italy). We dined her for the next six nights until we left for Australia. The staff were great, the music was good, the food great, nice clean toilets, and a MUST is to eat on the balcony where you can take in the sights and sounds of busy kuta square while sipping on your cocktail. BTW, the cocktails were great and the pricing was really reasonable. If you're going to Bali you MUST give this restaurant a try.

• Visited May 2012