“great location”

Ranked #125 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
perth, wa
“great location”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This villa is in a great location. across from the beach and close to poppies lanes 1 and 2. And next to the new Beachwalk shopping centre and a cocos right next store, which was very handy
The hotel is very nice. The villas are nice and very roomy. The two bedroom villa had balconies from the hotel over it but the wall was high enough so they could not really see us but we did move to one bedroom villa with a discount for moving. Our villa was very romantic. There was a mosquito net on the beds which you will needed as even I got a few bites and I never get bitten but they do spray there every week. The bed was very comfy but there is a rooster some where around Kuta and woke us up every morning but I Don't think it belonged to the Kuta playa and you could've heard it for miles.
The staff were lovely but did not speak very good English but there were a couple of staff who spoke English well and most of our enquiries were directed to them by other staff.
The bar staff were great especially as they were making our drinks which were definitely good value. Over half as glass of vodka for a standard drink.
The only thing I found disappointing was no bacon for breakfast and I love my bacon. But there are plenty of little places to go have breakfast if you want to.
Overall this is a great location but there are better laid out villas around

Room Tip: Do not get the two bedroom villa if you have kids. The rooms are too far apart for children and no a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank danmel40
Heru K, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kuta, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing The Kuta Playa Hotel & Villas for your recent holiday. We appreciate your time to share your impressions with other travelers and us on tripadvisor.com.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay in our villa and the bar services. We always do our up most to satisfy the needs of our valuable guests. We discussed your comments with our management team and we are going to find a solution for breakfast bacon as our restaurant serves only halal food (no pork). Furthermore
Indeed the rooster doesn't belong to our hotel, I will follow up on that to avoid future early morning disturbance.

Thank you for your feedback and nice comments which I certainly share it with the entire team.

Best regards,

Heru Kurniwan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
perth
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Spotlessly clean establishment, spacious room with verandah opening onto a huge sparkling pool
Extremely efficient staff, a pleasure to be welcomed each morning by the smiling staff members in the dining area, always happy to accommodate us , service was instant with coffee offered immediately. Very smooth check in/check out.
Guest liason/booking officer, Mr Gusmang is to be commended for his professional approach and immediate answering of all e mails when inquiring and booking accommodation, his work is exemplary.
Management can be very proud of their staff.
We had a very enjoyable 4 night stay at your Hotel

Room Tip: we chose a poolside room, it was perfect to be able to step out of our room and plunge straight into...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank sindeeinperth
Dear Guest,

thank you for staying with our new The Kuta Playa Hotel & Villas and your feedback shared on tripadvisor.com.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and our provided services. We appreciate your nice comments and i already share them with the entire team. Your response is a great motivation for us and we are indeed proud of our Team.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

All the best,

Heru Kurniawan
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed in 2 room villa. Have visited Bali many times, from Amed, Lovina and much of the South. First time at Kuta Playa.

First the good : The staff are very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and good size, gardens were nice. Unfortunately you can say all this about many other places. Breakfast was fairly average, but its only food so no big deal.

What can be improved :
--- problems with the plumbing, this was not just us, 2 other friends staying at the same time had the exact same problem in their rooms. If you let water out from the bath (and once from just a shower) then an awful sewage, and I do mean a real stink, smell comes from the other plugholes.

--- aircon broke a couple of times but was fixed the same day, so I guess this is both a negative and a positive.

--- poor workmanship generally, it looks good until you get closer eg. very difficult to lock a couple of doors due to the latches simply not lining up (again others had similar issues). The floor boards literally feel like they are going to break underneath you as you walk over them, quite disconcerting. Very little lighting in the suite so bring a torch if you like to read in the evenings.

--- forget about WiFi in your suite room (well ours anyway), sometimes ok at outside area, Not a deal breaker certainly but a bit of a pain on the few times I needed access.

--- room safes are not fastened at all, just sitting loose in your room cupboard and they are not that heavy so they could be nabbed if someone was keen enough.

--- whilst very friendly we had quite a few problems communicating in English to the reception by phone. Yes I get that in non English speaking countries that this should be expected (it was better than my Indonesian) however calling reception and having to literally repeat something 3 times to different people (happened quite a bit) is kinda strange , especially given that at some of the remote places we have stayed have fared better.

--- mosquito's were shocking but don't know if the hotel can be blamed for that! Take a lot of spray with you.

--- kinda hard to get comfy on the outside Cabana as there are no cushions or any furniture.

Having said all that, I understand that it has not been open that long and will hopefully improve and if you have already booked then don't worry its not a dump or anything, its just that, for us and those we knew staying there, given the cost it was just very average.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank B_Smith255100
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your valuable comments in tripadvisor.com. We value your opinion and feedback as it helps us to improve our standards and services.

Please accept my apology for the lack of function facilities and the communication problems. Your comments were part of our regular meeting and we took already action in arranging English lessons and practice for our front staff. Furthermore we continue our renovation work for our villas what will be processed in several steps.

Your suggestions for improvement are a good motivation for our team to look after the details and perform better.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

First impression was definitely not a wow factor. Photos on web site definitely do not show the real thing. Well done photo shop and what a bitter disappointment this hotel really is.
We have been over 15 times to Bali and this hotel rates as the wors we have stayed in. The rooms are sooo pokey. It was claustrophobic. So after pointing this out to management we were upgraded to a junior suite. Much better in size. In fairness the room was very clean and great bathroom but thats where the good comments stop. The aircon was not working properly even though they assured me the engineer said all was Ok. The room was unbearably hot at night.. The pool facing Kuta Bch was being renovated so the entire pool area out of bounds. Crap. Other pool receives only 4hrs of direct sun, even though management assured me this was not the case.
The spa room was being re tiled so tinkering was heard for several days from 7 in the morning till late. Buffet breakfast is very average. Fortunately my REQUEST for banana pancakes, yoghurt, orange juice was accepted. But no bacon.
This hotel loves duf duf music. Finally dies down around midnight
We checked out early because we were over it even though they would not refund our money. This is not a four star hotel. It is a concrete jungle.
The staff were very friendly. The front office manager ( german) assured me of a great stay upon my initial complaint but NEVER bothered to ask us throughout our stay whether we were satisfied. He saw us many times but chose to ignore us. Not good enough Sir!!!

Room Tip: Good location but not value for money
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to share your feedback of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.com.

Please accept my apology for the non functional air condition in your room and the noise disturbance from the music and maintenance work in the spa.

I am sorry to hear that the room you have booked with us was not matching your expectations. I want to assure you that we are not using photo shop for our hotel pictures and room sizes in m2 are mentioned on the booking platforms.

We appreciate and value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and standards.

Heru Kurniawan
Irvine, California
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed at the Beach View hotel room! The room was clean and relaxing! We upgraded to the Deluxe Villa halfway through our stay! It was beautiful! Well worth it...private pool and hot tub. Also if you stay in a villa, they provide free car service to the airport (which is a huge plus!). The staff was very friendly and helpful. They always greet you and are smiling. The waitress at the bar, Junni, was so friendly. She was always smiling and made us feel very welcomed. Also Memet drove us to one of our dinner places. He was also very friendly and entertained us while we were stuck in traffic. Staff and place definitely great an A+++++
p.s. Guests get a free 20 min foot massage!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anyee
Dear Guest,

thank you for your review of your recent stay at our new The Kuta Playa Hotel & Villas.

I am glad to hear that your were satisfied with our rooms and villas and with our services. Your nice comments are a huge motivation for us and its showing us that we are on the right way. Certainly I shared your feedback with our entire team and especially with Yunni and Memet.

Thank you again we are looking forward to welcome you again in our Hotel & Villas.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Keep this short and sweet as was my 4 night stay. Stayed in a one bedroom pool villa.

Positives:
- The villa itself was quite nice. Bathroom area was huge. Bed was comfy. Pool was nice as was the gardens that surrounded the outside area
- Hotel was looked after well
- The breakfast I had delivered to my villa. You tell them what you want the night before. They deliver it all. Exceeded expectations

Negatives:
- Mosquitoes. They were absolutely shocking. There was a massive amount when I checked into my villa. And they never left. I could spray the whole villa before I slept (though wasn't too pleasant sleeping in), but still weren't gone. Had heard that all you could do was ask for the spray. I know of other resorts who spray their whole gardens at a certain time of the day (4pm-6pm). This could be an idea for this play. It really does wreck things.
- Cleaning of rooms. I didn't know and wasn't told that apparently there are no spare keys to the villas. So it would suck to leave it in there. If you want your room cleaned you need to leave your key at reception and tell them you need it cleaned. I had plates sitting in my room all day as I didn't know.
- When I was in my pool I could see up onto the balconies of hotel rooms. Wasn't ideal. And wasn't private.
- Wi-Fi. Kept dropping out. Constantly. I found turning off the router and unplugging it fixed it. Worked fine after that. Not sure why it's there.
- Aircon. Wasn't cold enough. The 18 degrees it said was nowhere near 18 degrees.
- Cabana outside had no furniture. I had friends over and it really needed some cushions or padding. It's impractable without them. The only thing you could do is sit on the edge.

All up, for the time it's been open, it's doing ok. But room for lots of improvement. Wouldn't stay here again unless I knew this was all fixed, especially the mosquitoes. I didn't complain about anything. I'm not that type of person. Also some taxi drivers don't know where it is, so just say it's before the Pullman.

Room Tip: Ask for mosquito spray on check in. Spray your room before you leave and again WELL before sleeping.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Matt D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of your last stay with our new Hotel & Villas.

My apologies for the mentioned problems with the mosquito, since over 2 month Bali is facing a late rainy season which let the mosquito population explode. We took action and do a weekly fogging in the entire complex.
Furthermore I am sorry to hear about our lack of services and properly working facilities. Now our villas are undergoing a renovation which will be completed in several steps as it is done during operation.

I would like to thank you for your comments and suggestions as this is giving us the chance to improve our services and facilities.

Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

The premier beach room I booked was not a good choice. The balcony was empty and I had to ask for chairs. The room is rather small. What bothered me realy was the loud music from the hotels dance floor located in the central court. I heard it until after midnight and again as a wakeup from 7.15 am. I asked the reception to turn it down with limitted succuss. The hotel pool is under renovtion right now and not usable. The view from the balcony over the beach across the street is nice and stuff is friendly...the only plusses I can mention.

• Stayed May 2013
Heru K, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kuta, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our new the Kuta Playa Hotel & Villas and for your time to share your recent impressions in tripadvisor.

I want to apologize that the music of our BBQ Event disturbed you. We discussed your comment in our team and decided to lower the music volume for upcoming events. Also we refrain from playing loud music during the breakfast times.
Our swimming pool in our front building is currently under maintenance, we provide a second pool (20m x 7m) in the tower behind.
We value and appreciate your comments as it will help us to perform better in the future.

Best regards,