I would firstly like to outline the Pro's and Con's.
1. Nice Breakfast
2. Good Pool Area
3. Outside area well kept
4. Air Conditioning worked well
3. Doors did not close very securely
4. Staff were too pushy about transport
5. Room not cleaned properly
6. Very poorly lit area, and narrow road for walking back at night
7. Noise right outside our room for 2 nights
8. Outdoor Bathroom!
This review is based on Room 2 which is considered a family room, we stayed for 3 nights- $54.50USD per night.
My partner and I picked Un's Hotel based on the Lonely Planets guide and the good reviews here.
We were coming from Sanur, our driver found the area easily but it was hard to determine where the entrance was as it was up a narrow road.
We went straight to reception to get our room. We were warmly greeted there and were passed over to someone else to take us to our room. The guy took us to the room and said he was also a driver and we advised we were going to Ubud next, he kept telling us what his best price would be, as if we didn't get enough hassle on the roads from drivers!!
We later realised this guy was also cleaning the rooms, and every time we saw him he kept asking when were we going to Ubud and saying he'd take us.
Our room smelled funny, poorly lit and not clean. We were not given any towels or toilet paper on the first and third day. There was a pair of contact lenses stuck to the mirror for the duration of our stay! The furniture was old and smelly inside.. the bed was comfortable but the sheets felt damp. there was also one other double bed in the room.
The bathroom is an outdoors style bathroom which we were not used to. The toilet was horrible (see pictures) the whole place needed a good scrub!
The doors were locked with a large pad-lock but you could still push in the doors and see inside.
On the second morning while eating breakfast we were approached by a different member of staff saying he was also a driver and he would take us to Ubud.
We had a loud buzzing noise outside our room for two nights, nobody knew what it was, nothing was done about it while we were there.
However, the outside area was kept well at all times. The pool area was nice. The breakfast was really good a great variety and tasted well. Our air conditioning kept us cool which is just what we needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Un's Hotel is situated in a peaceful and quiet location close to shops, restaurants, and nightlife, only 200m from Kuta beach. Our friendly staff will ensure that your stay is enjoyable, and hassle-free. We have a total of 30 comfortable rooms, all with solar hot water, ceiling fan or air conditioning, IDD phone, room safe, and cable TV with 40 international channels. All rooms are gracefully furnished with antiques. We also have one fully air conditioned two-story bungalow, with kitchen facilities. Guests receive free breakfast from The Balcony restaurant, and can order room service from 7am until 11pm. Guests can also enjoy the use of our internet access facility and swimming pool, which is surrounded by a lush, tropical garden. We can help you with information regarding car rental, tours, money changers, laundry, and anything else you wish to know. All our prices listed on our website are nett with no hidden charges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Un's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Un's Hotel Bali/Kuta