“Great experience (only negative was EUR-USD rate)”
Review of Pro Surf School

Pro Surf School
Ranked #4 of 199 Outdoor Activities in Kuta
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn to surf with the top surf school in Bali - voted "Best Surf School in Bali" for 3 consecutive years by Magic Wave Surf Community Magazine. Pro Surf School offers comprehensive surfing lessons for beginners, intermediate and advanced surfers, as well as surf trips around Bali and surf camps.
Chicago
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great experience (only negative was EUR-USD rate)”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

They took our booking in short notice... the classroom instruction was very good... the trainers were very helpful... got us all to get up and ride a few waves in the first class itself...

The pool and cafe is very nice to relax afterwards... facilities are top grade...

They quote in EUR and gave us EUR-USD of 1.45 which is >10% worse than the actual rate... we later found that it would have been a lot better to exchange money from USD-IDR and pay in local currency...

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Explorer T

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Exmouth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Top marks Professional school, worth every dollar.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

If you seriously want to learn how to surf in Bali, pay your money and look no further.
Pro-surf is well organised, professional and above all very surffy laid back
They have a purposeful built centre right on Kuta Beach, and everything you need to learn surfing.
The Centre has a deep practice pool, training rooms and all facilities.
Add to that a great restaurant, café, and general laid back ambience makes it unbeatable.
The Surfing accommodation from the dorm (Camp ethos!) to twin rooms is also excellent value and style compared to some of the overpriced hotels.
We used the 4 Bed; 2 bunk beds unit, and wished we had stayed there all week.

From the owner frank, to his team they are passionate about their quest to teach surfing, and it hard to spot the business side of the centre.
I visited with my two boys, who walked away after the 5 days course well equipped to surf anywhere.

Yes there are cheaper places on the beach. But you pay for what you get, and here you get to learn surfing properly and in a great environment.
Top marks Pro.surf.

Visited January 2013
Columbus
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not so good”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Everytime we r in Bali, my children always took a surf lesson from Odyssey surf lesson... because we stayed at Hard Rock Hotel Kuta, I want to try to take the lesson with Pro Surf School... but not for a while, my daughter got injured... so she decided to stopped... we were happy with Odyssey and we will never go back again to Pro Surf School...

Visited July 2012
Perth
“Better than the Australian Schools!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I came to the Pro-Surf School having some knowledge and experience with surfing, but once the first lesson was over my knowledge of surfing had expanded so much it felt like I was an actual pro! So I decided to come back for a second and third time, I would've come for longer but my abrupt departure interfered, I was so upset leaving this awesome place so I have made a note to stay here next time I'm in Bali.
Second lesson I was taught how to catch green waves and turn.
By the third lesson I was put onto a fiber-glass boards suited to my height and I was well prepped with how to balance and control the board on the wave. Before each session out in the water we would cover a different topic e.g: comprehension of waves and an understanding of the ocean, timing of take-offs and how to avoid getting smashed by waves (all were included with very cool diagrams) in the surf schools expansive facilities (the lessons before-hand are held in a large studio type room upstairs).
This Surf School was the best I have ever experienced from the very good looking waves on the beach to the even better looking instructors, who were all very guiding and had extremely good english and the facilities of the school that were "state of the art".
No Australian school has ever been to the standard of these guys!
If you want the cool vibe of Bali, come here because you will never want to leave!

Visited December 2012
Berlin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Perfect surf school for beginners”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed at the pro surf school for 1 week and had every day lessons. The lessons are a mix of short theory sessions, some swimming pool exercises and practicing in the ocean. The surf teacher make sure that you make quick progress and help you if you struggle. All of them are very friendly and it's a lot of fun to surf with them. In my opinion it is the best way to start surfing if you stay at Kuta Beach. I had a really great time there, learned a lot about surfing and hope to come back one day!

Visited October 2012