“Terrible - bed bugs”
Review of Kedin's II

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kuta
Kedin's II
Ranked #99 of 282 Kuta B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Terrible - bed bugs”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Don't stay here. The room was about what you would expect for the price but as I lay down to sleep bed bugs started to bite. After about an hour I couldn't stand it anymore and I checked into another place. Additionally there was no toilet paper and the sheets were stained plus no top sheet, only a bottom sheet and a synthetic blanket that didn't look like it had been washed.

I also notice I wasn't the only person to highlight bed bugs in their review.

Room Tip: One without bed bugs
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank AdventureLive

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Room was on the ground floor and pretty average for the price.A little too dark for my liking. Some other places in Poppies offer better value at this price. Breakfast was included in the price and that was good. Pool is nice and best part is the location since it a very short walk to the beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Edinburgh
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here during high season in July 2012. Hadn't booked before arrival and were lucky enough to get a double room for 250,000 INR (which is quite good considering how busy Kuta is at this time!).
Ended up with a nice enough room, plenty space and pretty clean with a balcony facing the pool. Because it is quite dark and there is lots of foliage around, there is lots of mosquito's at night so I highly recommend having a mosquito net with you.
Breakfast is average but all you need and the pool and sun loungers is a nice touch - especially as most places with a pool cost a fortune.

The main selling point of Kedin's II I think is its great location. Located at the beach end of Poppies I, it makes it very easy to get to the beach. Poppies I is an extremely narrow and extremely busy street and it can be a pain walking up and down avoiding getting hit by a car or avoiding the slightly annoying shop keeepers who claim they sell anything and everything. Kedin's II just about avoids all this hassle!

Overall, our stay hear was completely fine and I would recommend it to backpackers looking for somewhere well located to stay.

Room Tip: For quieter rooms, ask for one away from the pool as it can be a bit noiseier from the bar.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LP1ECP
Toronto Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This place offers small, okay rooms, surrounded by a very nice garden with a decent pool. However the hotel staff are indifferent and the restaurant staff, completely out to lunch ... pardon the pun. On your easy 5 minute walk to the very crowded Kuta beach, don't pay more than 25% of the asking price for T-shirts and other such garments. The more adamant you are the quicker the price will come down.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jack-Dru
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights during the high season July 2012. At first it all seemed good but then one morning I awoke scratching my entire body. Everything was really itchy and I thought maybe a mosquito had gotten into our room. But then at breakfast I noticed my skin started blowing up and turning really red . I had sores where the bites had been and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop itching. I googled bed bugs and the pictures given of the bites matched mine perfectly. They had attacked the back of my legs, arms and torso. We decided to leave that morning and rush to find a new room before checkout. When we got to the new room we realized we'd left our mobile phone in the drawer back in Kedin's. Fearing it would be taken by the next guest we borrowed a phone and rang ahead to tell them we were coming and could they please collect it and have it at reception. So the manager we speak to gets off the phone for 5 minutes, checks the room and returns. Its not in the drawer he tells us... Where could it have gone?.. We demanded he ask the cleaner or whoever had been in the room in that brief 1hr since we'd left but he just said it was never in the drawer. This was an inconspicuous draw that probably hadn't been opened for 3 months before we got there. When we stated we'd call the police to sort the matter out he requested that we "come and see him before we get the police just to check again". Guilty or what! He obviously walked into the room and stole the phone right from where we described that it was hidden. Horrible service!! We never got our phone back or an apology for the bed bugs. All he wanted was to know when we wanted to make our next booking. That phone had all my business contacts and important information on it. The lying cheat no doubt erased it and then probably sold it to another slimey character. The marks eventually faded from my bites but it took a full month for the redness to disappear. Never again will I stay here!!! Kedin's inn is run by liars. It will cost you more than you think to stay here. Please stay away from this man and hotel, nothing good will come from it. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Jacqueline N
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Kedin's II is between Poppies I and Poppies II, so it's in the heart of Kuta but still very quiet at night (Unless there is a party going on in the next room). Kuta Beach can be reached in 10-15 min walk.
I stayed there 3 nights in September 2012, met lots of nice people (some of them living there for 1 month or more).
The room was more or less clean, bed comfortable, lots of storage space, fan was working fine, bathroom (with cold water only) had a shower and western toilet. The included breakfast was tee or coffe with fruit salad or toast and egg or pancake.
I paid 125'000 IDR per night, wifi costs 20'000 a day (only available in lobby). Staff was friendly enough. They don't take reservations and are usually fully booked, your best chance is to walk in between 9 am and 11 am when people are checking out.
Overall, the place is worth the money if you want to party in Kuta but still enjoy some relaxing time at the nice pool and are on a low budget.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chanelle_W
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Fantastic value for Kuta. Large rooms with big balcony's and a beautiful pool that stays in the sun for most of the day. Tucked away on a quiet lane between Poppie's I and II means that it's a little quieter than most places. Breakfast is good and served until late. Only downfall is the pretty gardens and a perfect home for mosquitos!! Wear spray and burn the mozzie coils in your room!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends