“horrible bugs and dirty pillow!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Rita Za Hotel

Rita Za Hotel
Ranked #222 of 282 Kuta B&B and Inns
Bali, Indonesia
“horrible bugs and dirty pillow!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Me and my gf ran out of the hotel at 12:00 am and went back to seminyak, because of the horrible bugs everywhere and extremely dirty pillows with disgusting stains (although covered by case)!! it was a terrible experience, and i was bitten by bugs! besides, the toilet was poor, the flush button didnt work properly....I should had read the reviews before checkin as some fellow travellers had make the same bug complaints on tripadvisor already.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Siem Reap, Cambodia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Room was poor and old. We had cockroaches in the bathroom. Breakfast itself was poor aswell but what to expect. Breakfast on a nice balcony. Swimmingpool is very nice and clean. Staff is nice and helpfull, speaking good english.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Hanoi, Vietnam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I checked into here for 1 night only before flying home.
The room was fan room and fairly large with a double bed. The Hotel does not provide towels so bring your own. It is cold water only. The bathroom was ok in terms of cleanliness but not spectacular. They have security on at night and it is quiet.

The pool is really the selling point of this hotel and its closeness to Poppies Lane.
You are only a 10 -15 minute walk from all the bars.
I am sure during the high season there would be more people about.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

My friends and I checked into this hotel at around 2pm. Then we went out to the beach for the whole day. Came back to the hotel at around 11pm and found out there was road construction just directly outside of our room. It was so loud that even ear plugs would not solve the problem. We contacted the front desk and the guy kept on pushing away the responsibilities. Helplessly waiting and discussing, we wanted a refund, he kept on saying “I don’t know”, “My boss is not contactable”, “I don’t have money to refund”. We contacted the tourist police, the police came but could not do anything as well.

We ended putting up in another hotel at 1am at night.

This is a horrible hotel and I will not recommend to anyone.

Stay at your own risk!

Room Tip: Stay at your own risk!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank cyqaey
Phuket Town, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2010

This hotel is a great find for backpackers. It's 150,000 Rp for 2 people or 200,000 for 3 people with an extra bed in the room. The rooms are pretty barebones, with chipping paint and cold showers. There's a pool right in the middle of the place which is super convenient. But the place gets a bit loud sometimes with people talking outside your room in the mornings and people swimming at pretty much any time of day or night.

Breakfast is included. You get a bit of cantaloupe and watermelon along with a fried/scrambled egg on two pieces of white bread. And the tables are a bit sticky with flies about.

But you are a 5 minute walk from Kuta beach (great for surfing, swimming and chilling), with tons of shopping and restaurants and bars.

Even though this place is a bit noisy and grungy, it's super cheap and right near the beach, just what I was looking for.

Protip: the TV only has local (Indonesian) channels, but you can rent a DVD player from numerous shops nearby for 25,000 Rp per day.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Siem Reap, Cambodia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

When I arrived at Rita ZA Hotel and asked to see a room, they showed me an okay downstairs room with air-con. Then once I checked in they put me in a grottier upstairs room with no air-con. I didn't really care, but it was still sort of shady.

I was watching TV until pretty late, when I started noticing a lot of bugs in the room. Then I saw one on the pillow. I jumped up and pulled the sheet partially off the bed and saw the worst bedbug infestation I have ever seen. It was shocking--the mattress was black with bugs. I hadn't even gone to sleep and had only been in the hotel a few hours and I had more than 50 bites the next day.

At 3am I packed up my bag and told the guy downstairs that I wasn't staying in that room. He feigned surprised and rushed upstairs and sprayed bug spray all over the bed and sheets and said "now okay!" Uh, no. I told him I wasn't sleeping in that room and he said he didn't have any other rooms. I reminded him of the room that he had originally showed me, and he suddenly agreed that there was another room.

I said how do I know that room doesn't have bugs as well? He said, oh, only the room you were in, upstairs has the bugs. So, thanks for putting me in there. I went to the new room and took the case off the pillow and it was grey/green with mold. I told him I wasn't going to take the new room either and that I just wanted my money back and to leave.

He then offered me $0.50 (5000 IDR) to not tell anyone about the bug problem. I ended up having to find a new hotel at 4am. Rita ZA Hotel is the filthiest hotel I have seen in my 6 months of travel around Asia, which is really saying something!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank fersure
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
The Spot Legian
#133 of 282 in Kuta
Sri Beach Inn
Sri Beach Inn
#27 of 58 in Legian

Been to Rita Za Hotel? Share your experiences!