“value for money”

Best Western Resort Kuta
Ranked #121 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed December 16, 2013

the hotel is not really a 4 stars hotel but for the price it is really good place to stay. Breakfast is good, they offered Indonesia traditional food and western food. The room services was excellent and works 24 hours. Everything was pretty good except for the air con that wasnt very cold.

Room Tip: delux rooms are perfect, away from the reception

Reviewed December 14, 2013

First of all to be honest My experience of the best western is not good ,,

BUT FOR BEST WESTERN RESORT KUTA

It was the one of the most nicest hotel I've ever been before its quite cool , service indescribable they serve you as a king with big smile
Amenities are good , there is swimming pool with minibar in the pool
And the loopy contain the main bar and they help by any thing you need , moreover I've celebrating my birthday in the loopy and they were trying to do what ever you want to make you happy ,,

Rooms are fine as any other five stars hotels it contains all your needs

Totally the most enjoyable staying

Hope everyone try it and pray for me to blessed and save

Thanks ,,
Have a nice trip
azoo2007ooz@gmail.com
Ur massages are welcome

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm not one to complain, I have been to Bali over a dozen times and stayed in hotels ranging from two star to five star - self rated or otherwise. I can honestly say that I have never been in such an awful place for the price I've paid per night. First we (myself & Mum) were placed into a Standard Room, even tho our reservation stated "upgrade to next available room type". Even without being remotely claustrophobic, we could not stay in this room. It was awful. The fridge did not work, the a/c was the loudest I've ever heard and there was no room to place your suitcase- it was THAT small. The receptionist finally read the paperwork properly & without any apology, told us to wait til the next room was available. Well, we supposedly have been given the "Superior" room. Firstly, they removed our bags from the standard room without us being there and Mum had already unpacked a few things. On noticing those missing items, we notified the front desk & they said housekeeping would bring it to us. That time never came. So, we gave up after the convenient *cough* language barrier. We went back to our room without the stuff.
This superior room: the a/c had to be replaced as it didn't work. We had to ask twice for a bar fridge. The toilet and sink both leak. If you stand by the a/c, you can see the room above. The kettle leaks boiling water everywhere! The sink won't empty and the shower sprays everywhere but down!! Unbelievable! >_< after talking to the staff, they basically brushed us off and left us to suffer.
Then we come to breakfast. Wow. We arrived at 8.30am (breakfast goes til 11) and there was nothing left! Staff walking around aimlessly - we had to find someone to hand our ticket to. No bacon, no baked beans even!! We had to settle for two pieces of toast and jam. Buffet?!? I think not. So, being hungry still and so overly annoyed at everything we've experienced so far, we are on our way to BEG another hotel to accommodate us. Yes, we have more than likely wasted over $150AUD but, we can't stay here one more night. One more minute. Not happy at all. This place needs updating drastically. In fact it needs a complete overhaul. From the shoddy building, to the staff. Shocking.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank RachAEA
Reviewed December 11, 2013

An older but better 3* hotel, ideal for those looking for a quiet place to stay at a reasonable cost. Quite close to the airport and you will be spared the traffic jams found in other parts of the island.

The rooms and bathrooms are large and comfortable and quite well furnished. The mattresses were very good. The air condition in one of our rooms was faulty and the room was changed immediately.

A reasonably good selection of local and western fare is served for breakfast. The food and drinks at the hotel restaurant and for room service is very reasonably priced, even cheaper than in some of the restaurants in various parts of the island.

The hotel provides a free pickup service from the airport if requested and a.shuttle service to the nearby Discovery Mall and shops.

We received excellent all round service, very courteous and prompt.

A big thank you to the Management and Staff. Keep it up and you will never be short of guests looking for a good 3* hotel.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms will be ideal for those who do not want to take the lift or climb stairs...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank acfba
Reviewed November 26, 2013

A little tired looking hotel but refurbishment is ongoing, good timing!
Arrived late about 11.00 p.m. Check-In was smooth, porter decided to walk up stairs instead of taking the lift, it's nearer according to him, but we were tired!! Room is just a room with poor arrangement of furniture and fittings, no right at all. Just about to unpack luggage, the wifey noticed the sliding glass door to the balcony could not be secured, one can slide it open from inside and outside inspite of the locking device locked the two panels but not secured on both ends!! Changed room with some wait time. Anyway, all went well afterwards. Room check was not conforming to HQ standards!!
Congrats on the staff, all from front office to back office and restaurant, very courteous and helpful in service.
Although located a good 15 mins walk to the main lighted streets, the hotel do provide a shuttle to the Discovery Mall once every 2 hours, just a 5 mins drive.
The Hotel enjoys high occupancy throughout our stay (5 nights), breakfast spread covers a good range for Asian as well as western palette, although some improvements could be added. Again here it's all in the price one pays. A 3 Star property commands and offers the equivalent amenities. Understandable totally.
One morning at breakfast, the restaurant is near the pool. A large extended family was enjoying a swim, while other guests having breakfast. Guess what a "party" they had, loud and noisy and splashing, even grandma was feeding a child while swimming!!! Nobody at management level took any action which I thought was poor. The group should have beee reminded politely to behave and respect other guests dining there.
Otherwise, it has been great break for us in Bali again.
Would I stay there again? Well, if the refurbishment is completed Yes if not No.

1  Thank BakersOvenCafe
Reviewed November 21, 2013

When I first read all the reviews about the hotel, I was getting a abit paranoid as to whether I have made a correct choice in choosing best western kuta resort. The 4 days I have spent over there made me realise that I have made a correct choice. From a fellow hotelier point of view, it is well worth your money and greattttt customer service which sometimes goes out of their way. Room was just comfortable for sleep but I would still stay there on my next trip as it was a bargain at the price that I paid. Customer service simply excellent and it seems that none of my requests would be turned down. Great job guys!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a poolview room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank toonarmy84
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The hotel is near to airport. The deluxe room I stayed can connect to hotel wifi. The password will be given during check in. At night outside hotel, there is a stall selling " Pempek ", which you can try. Hotel breakfast is very simple. Rice, porridge, mee, potatoes, bread, corn flakes, fruits, egg........it's a 3 star hotel....

Room Tip: deluxe room is bigger
1  Thank Sharon1T