“Just like coming home”

Best Western Resort Kuta
Ranked #123 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I think this was visit number 20 to this hotel (just counting the confirmation in my inbox). We have been staying here since this hotel was new and I have recommended this hotel to my friends and family too and have only had mostly excellent experiences!!.

It is really nice coming back time after time and being recognised by name by many of the long term staff.

Sometimes things are a little "rough around the edges" but hey this is Bali! In our experience if you find something wrong and you bring it to the staff's attention they are always on hand to fix it with a smile and make sure that you are happy!

We have always had a great nights sleep which is most important! Second when you wake up is an awesome breakfast. They advertise this as a "continental breakfast". This could not be further from the truth. There is an egg station where you get eggs any way you like, the girls run around topping up your tea and coffee, there are sausages, bacon, noodles, tomatoes, fresh fruit, yoghurt, multiple types of juice, asian soups, congee and it goes on. You name it and it is there on offer. Third ideal thing is location. You are in the heart of the city without being in the heart of the city. When you want to get around you can usually get in and out of the hotel without getting caught in huge traffic jams yet if you want to go to Kuta you are 3 minutes away on their free shuttle bus and you are less than 5 minutes from the airport when you have an early flight!

We love this hotel! The staff here are great (like most things in Bali the locals make the place!) and will help make sure you have a nice stay.

We will be back in 5 weeks and look forward to coming "home" again!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kadek_1
There are newer reviews for Best Western Resort Kuta

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We just stayed here a night before catching our flight but I have to say it was a bad decision. bathroom and room smells from waste water badly . Air con is noisy like a tractor, bed sheet has stains, toilets seat is broken-from the state of it looks like it has been broken for quite a while, bathroom is moldy. Disgusting. :( stay away from room 1108 near the pool.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liliannn82
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel was what we expected.
It is situated a little walk from the beach, and next to a busy road, but the traffic did not really wake us up.
The rooms are ok, but out-dated, with some craks in the floor etc.. but it did not bother us.
Pool was great! One of the bigger pools we had in the hotesl we visited of this price.
Breakfast was without a doubt the most extended we had in Bali. Super!

So the hotel is older, not near the beach, but I would recommand it anyway. The restaurant and drinks in the hotel are a bit expensive though...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed September 17, 2013

LOCATION: The hotel is located in the heart of everything, pretty much accessible to all scenic spots...

ROOMS: We stayed in room 2105 for a week from 12-18 September 2013... room was fine and very spacious but toilet, bath tub and interior is not a wow, needs grouting and totally deep cleaning... air conditioning should be improved, I suggest it should be centralised and not the split type... floor wood parquet really needs to be renovate, uneven level with chipped and missing parts.. amenities are not up to standard..

HOUSEKEEPING: not bad and very helpful.

FOOD & BEVERAGE: Breakfast was not bad but limited selections of fruits. Attendant must be more attentive to guest needs. I put my commendation to "Mahendra" who's always attentive with the balinese hospitality and always smiles that makes all the guests feel special.. He makes each and every guest important.

POOL: NO ATTENDANT. We arrived 12:30pm until 5:30pm and there was no pool attendant, very hard to order and ask for things you really need. Towels i took myself at the towel booth where there must be a staff assisting.. Ash tray, I personally asked the lady attendant to give me two.

CONCIERGE: They are very helpful and assisting us mostly with the road directions.

NORMAN ELEAZAR from Muscat, Oman
Mobile: +968 96787597
Email: norman.eleazar@yahoo.com

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Arrived at this hotel at 2.30am after flight being delayed for 4hrs, only to find i'd been given a cheap room instead of the the Deluxe I booked and paid for. I went to this hotel in June while in Bali and got the girl on reception to check if the room was available, which it was, she told me how to book it direct, which I did, and they still stuffed it up.
Requested to speak to the manager and explained my situation to him, he said he understood but there was no Deluxe rooms available for me. 10 mins later staff were there to move me to the room I first requested and paid for.
After that everything was perfect.
Had a ground floor room (even if it was for only 1 night). Staff at this resort are fantastic. Very helpful with anything you ask.
Would I stay again?........YES

Room Tip: Make sure you get the room you paid for!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed in Best Western Resort Kuta in August last year, 2012, it was just for 3 nights on our way back to East Timor, after having holiday in Hong-Kong. It used to have another name, so it is not a new hotel, but the facilities are good, but you dont get the feel of a new, very well looked after place. The swimming pool is nice, there is a kids pool, but the deeper side have some tiles out, but since it is deep, we did not worry much. Not enough sun beds, but with sun in most of them. The glass elevator gives a nice feeling. We had connecting rooms which we were not sure they offered ( we could not find in any description of the hotel), it was nice to have our kids within reach. The doors do have a loud bang, like many people complain. The restaurant is very nice, we had a meal with a discount, voucher given at check in (we booked with the hotel site, different promotions, same price as other websites, worth checking when booking it). It seems they have good drinks too. It is located in a quiet place and not far from main Discovery Mall, but the alley is too quite at night, so I don't recommend it for ladies, better use a taxi to return home. They do offer shuttle at specific time. We enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: not close to swimming pool
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Booked two rooms for members of my family... and the rooms were clean ...the breakfast buffet is ok..and i have tried a local fruit called "passion" fruit..we tried the swimming pool, and noticed that there were tiles that are broken, which may cause accidents..the staff are accommodating..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family