“Good value for money” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #113 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Good value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Room was clean & tidy but a little dated. Everything in the room worked & the air conditioner was fine.
It seemed to be located in the back alleys but once you get your bearings it's only a 5min walk to the beach, Discovery Shopping Mall & Waterbom Park. There are 2 24hr mini marts across the road.
The restaurant food was fine & reasonably priced, the complimentary breakfast ok.
Staff were very friendly & helpful, if you need a taxi ask at reception how much you should pay before you get one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank IamBrooksy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for 9 nights with my ex.the location was 10 min walk to the beach,aqua park and discovery mall and the area of the hotel was beautiful with a big pool and balinese design.totally i suggest this hotel to travellers.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were staying at the Royal villas next door and they have an arrangement with Best Western to use their pool. The pool was fine but the tiles around the edge were so slippery (likely covered in algae) that I fell over quite badly whilst gingerly walking around the sunbeds. My son and daughter also fell over several times as it was almost impossible NOT to slip. Very dangerous.

We decided to try the restaurant (Ambrosia) for dinner, hoping to make it a regular choice during our stay. They had a BBQ seafood buffet and happy hour drinks. It took 45 minutes to get a drink and they gave our dinner to someone else so we were still waiting over an hour later for our food. We weren't overly impressed with the service and after complaining about the issues with our meal, they agreed to give us a 20% discount. Unfortunately they also decided to cancel the happy hour discount so it ended up costing us more - GRRRR!!! Don't try to reason with them, they will pretend they don't understand you.

Whilst I can't comment on the rooms, I certainly wouldn't stay here based on the our experiences.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LisaAJ

Travelers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Tripoli, Libya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Very good hotel
I really enjoyed my recent stay with my family ,I got upgraded to swimming pool view room at this nice hotel,the room was wide and bed was great ,breakfast was very good and the most important to me is the staff help ,they work as a family and they are doing their best to To their guests , I like staying at this hotel and I recommended for families as it is near the water boom and kuta centre .

Abdunnabi Albosaify
Libya

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank albosaify
Perth, Western Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We didn't enjoy our stay here at all. The staff were quite rude, and weren't willing to go the extra mile. The rooms had holes in the lino and they were dirty. The breakfast was disappointing with not much variety. The pool is very small with not really enough sunbeds to cater. Overall we will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mel A
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed at Best western from 17th May to 22nd May 2013 and it was an awful experience. Their rooms are dirty and small. They mislead and are absolute frauds. Food is awful and they don't change the menu at all. They serve the same stale food everyday. Firstly they swiped 15 dollars extra from our debit card and then when we realised it and brought it to their notice. They promised to pay back. Till date the money is not returned. Their housekeeping was pathetic and they damaged our laptop by spilling the entire tetrapack of milk on the table (where our laptop was lying) and left it at its fate while we were out shopping. As we entered the room, we were shocked and immediately reported the matter. They again promised to resolve but next day the people who were interacting with us the previous day, all escaped, leaving us totally disappointed. We lost our money and the laptop. Beware of this hoteL.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Jyo72863
BenedictusJodie, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Resort Kuta, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +6281344064216.

Sincerely Yours,

Benedictus Jodie
jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I will start with the room, it is spacious and comfy, but maybe not all room. It's all started because of a problem at check-in. We book through booking.com and requested twin bed, the day before we arrived, we also call to remind our req and eventually had it confirmed. In fact, when we checked-in turns out they ran out of twin size bed room and had us to sleep in king size one. This is definitely a problem since we really need a separate bed for personal reason. We demand a responsibility for the mistake, it wasn't given at first which is irritating, in the end, an extra bed is added. So we stay at 2109 where one of the bathroom lamp are out. Moreover the extra bed promised isn't delivered right away and we had to call for it. This wasn't pleasant remembering it was night already and everyone is tired. Please be more considerate.

Above all the facility in 2109 are good, nice view n balcony too, nice tv channel, hot water, and amenities.

The problem highlighted here is the service. We had to move to other room with twin bed the next day, and since we are full of activities, we decided to let hotel staff to move our thing to 3109. Nothing lost which I really appreciate as I always value honesty, but there's thing forgotten, I asked for it, but it is quite complicated to get, I totally understand the reason, so I let go. Just saying that if you want things moved(maybe), make sure urself to not forget anything.

Room 3109 are great and no flaw, love it.

Breakfast are well served, I really love the porridge, fresh milk, and fresh sunny side up. I gotta say that the restaurant is really good since they served variety of food and as for the egg, they had so many option to served, really love it.

Being 3 years standing, the pool is slimy and some ceramic gone, this had to be fixed since it is actually dangerous, but as for the design, the pool are brilliant
There is also nice pool bar installed.

Other thing to say is the broken elevator. Good thing the hotel has two so it is still okay but I think it is slowing.

The facade of the hotel aren't so inviting, really the other way around with the interior that is so comforting. So the revenue later might be good to be invested in the facade, pool, and training the staff.

I know I give a lot for such good price, but i hope it is for the view of the hotel growth.

As I a guest, I just be rational and didn't need to be treated as a queen, but I dreamed(always) of a hotel that is helpful and care

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank kaoru_gg
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +6281344064216.

Sincerely Yours,