“Bad experience caused of not working Aircon in the room”

Best Western Resort Kuta
Ranked #120 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Aircon in the room didn't work properly. The technician couldn't fix the problem and leave the customer alone without solution. The front desk staff also couldn't help customer. It was really bad experience with this hotel. Very hot inside the room and I don't wanna back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Erwinlist
BenedictusJodie, General Manager at Best Western Resort Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +6281344064216.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I booked this hotel as it ticked all my boxes. Large rooms,air-con,swimming pool, bar(expensive 68,000 for a beer) restaurant and breakfast included. We could also negotiate a driver for a reasonable fee.I was a little shocked to be given my bill on arrival as I paid in advance, but this turned out to be a misunderstanding,the young lady was actually trying to give me a receipt for my bill, she was new and did not realise that most westerners would expect the bill/receipt on departure.The staff were all lovely,the only problem we had was no hot water,in Bali this is not a problem as you will be so grateful for a cool shower,trust me!There are not enough sun loungers so you must book one with a towel and stand your ground if some usurper tries it on!Breakfast was really good, lots of choice and freshly cooked eggs,any style.Even Bacon! The room was huge! about 35 square meters.Nice bathroom with bath and shower although no non-slip shower mat! Our room had a "Day Bed" for lounging on, and the TV was a good size, 42 inch flat screen. WiFi worked well to!.The in room fridge was not working very well, beers would not cool and chocolate was not crisp. The pool was just outside our room and very clean and bright,deep end our end and a kids pool at the far end.I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.£275.00 for seven days inc breakfast is fantastic value even with flight costs if you compare nit with what you would pay here.Average temps in Bali 28c town,shops and clubs five to ten minutes away.Taxis very cheap and lots of them.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BRITchef

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +6281344064216.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Room is big but air-cond under power and not blowing to the bed, take 2 hrs to cool down the room. staff are very friendly.
Breakfast up to expectation per value we pay and swimming pool just nice and clean.
wi-fi on and off disconnected in the room.

Room Tip: 4th floor room air cond under power and take long time to cool down the room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hops1168

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This resort can say nice .....but the main problem is the location is away from the main road and beach .....the resort have provided shutter service but only at this time 8 &10 am ,12,2,4,6,& 8 pm come back resort add10min from the time just now @ discovery mall. if not you have to walk all the way out to the main road...take you 10 to 15min .....if night time have a lot dog around....feel scare. If you take the Taxi from the main road, the price from 30k to50k one way...... I have stay at this place for 4 night ....1st night the room is not really good the bathtub have rusting around the tub ....and the air condition not really cold for the whole night..... and the next day have to check in to another room .....for the 3 night stay...this room smaller than the 1st night and no bathtub, i am ok with the room , only no mini bar in the room, and ask the F/O, regarding the mini bar, all give different answer, if no just say no, dont say i stay at standard room no mini bar..... the breakfast i think is ok...but i did not know why each day also got the same thing in the line....nasi goreng, porridge, and etc.... Please rotate the Breakfast menu....i think it will help your long stay guess... this place is away from the busy area and good for relax ....

Room Tip: ROOM air condition not very cold .....I think you check with the F/o for the A/c.....situation
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TONY Y

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Happen to stay in this hotel because we booked the wrong Best Western Hotel. Be careful to choose the correct Best Western hotel because this hotel location that we booked is far from the town centre and it is quite dangerous to walk all the way to Kuta town. This is because the road leading to the hotel is narrow and lots of motorbikes are zooming here and there. Also, there is three Best Western Hotel and you have to specify the correct one to the taxi driver or else, you end up paying more for the taxi charges because they brought you to the wrong hotel. Nothing much to shout about this hotel except there have a swimming pool and free Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel. The room is in a poor condition and the air-conditioner is not even cold even after we turn it on for 1 hour. Called up the reception and the technician turn up and doing some setting on the remote control. Finally, it is because the model of the air-conditioner and the remote is on different setting. Have to ask for a towel because there is none provided in the room. Ants or some insects are crawling on the wall. Breakfast is provided but most of the foods served are cold and food replenish is rather slow. I end up having my favourite cornflakes for my breakfast. I don’t even bother to take the picture inside the room because it is just so bad. Just good for a night stay though.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank calvin_alex

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I'm sharing this base on experience which I recently encountered, added nothing more or less. When we arrived at this hotel, it looked very impressive. Greeted well as usual by fellow Indonesians, most of them are polite.

1) While waiting for check-in, thought we could go shopping so we informed the reception once the room is ready, please put our bags in the room which didnt happen.

2) Then when we came back around 7pm, our bags were still at the reception. Then we decided to swim in the swimming pool, while swimming we discovered that someone took a "crap" in the pool. Informed the workers, not sure whether it was cleaned after that cause we never returned back to the pool.

3) The room had a funny smelly, but overall it was clean. That's the reason they had to put air freshner hanging from the aircond.

4) Stocked up some beers, but unfortunately no fridge. When asked the technician informed me that there was a problem with all the fridge and getting them repaired. They gave me a cooler instead.

5) Breakfast was oily and tasted not good at all. Plenty of flies around the restaurant.

6) You gotto have a taxi or a bike if you want to get out into the city. Not strategic!

regards
nainan

Room Tip: Not sure bout other rooms though but there are plenty of good hotels near Kuta.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nainan

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My one week experince with Best Western Kuta is poor to average. I have been to Best Western in Thailand, it's very good resort & been back there 3 time but Kuta I will only give it one star & will never go back there again.

Fridge in the room didn't work - its a wine cooler not fridge, we have asked to be changed or fix it 3 times before it got replaced 2 days later. The resort is very unorganised, there seem to be a lote of staff around they are all so nice but service by staff wasn't that good, actually one of the staff in charge I find him to be quiet rude. (i didnt get his name).

Our room were not cleaned properly, all they did is to make the bed, floor was not cleaned for the whole week we were there, bathroom was not cleaned for a week as well, most of the time they will collect the dirty towels but would not replace clean towels, been told there was non left have to wait till the afternoon but then we have to ring the front desk few times before they delivered it.

I also find breakfast is hit-and-miss - too many people not enough food to share, not enough plates & glasses.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family