“Good value and nice rooms but the hotel is OK.”

Best Western Resort Kuta
Ranked #120 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed October 31, 2012

*Helpless staff!
*Not many choices for breakfast!
*Location was OK.
*Rooms were quite nice.
*They will only give you one key so when u come back from outside your room is super warm as anything. It takes about an hour for the room to cool down again.
*Good value though(About $50 per night including breakfast).
*Yes, recommended, and might stay again.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are larger but the AC is not as good. The standard rooms are smaller but perhaps a bet...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
tommyBWRK, General Manager at Best Western Resort Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +62811395924.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

i spent a week at this resort - booking it for price and thinking location would be great. I had a ground floor room facing the main court yard, a bit noisy and certainly no privacy on the verandah. the pictures on the website are not quite like it really is, or perhaps my room was just different. on entering my room I had to ask for a fridge (lol). the pool was okay, breakfast was fine and the staff certainly helpful. Rooms were clean, however old. Wifi quick and no problems there. thank goodness they operate a shuttle service to/from Discovery shopping mall a few times throughout the day/night. I planned some of my activities around this service - I found the walk on the one occasion I attempted and as it was so hot just a tad uncomfortable dodging traffice and at night there was no way I was walking down the dark, baron road with no lighting, dogs barking somewhere etdetcetc - catch a taxi back it is safer and cheaper.

Room Tip: I would not recommend ground floor rooms in the entrance courtyard.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Karen H,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +62811395924.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I visited Bali from 7 - 10 Oct 2012 for a short vacation with one of my friends. During our stay in Bali, we stayed at Best Western Resort Kuta. My friend and I had chosen this hotel based on the recommendations from the travel agent. Our room was on the fourth level.

CHECKING-IN AND OUT:
Doing the paperwork for checking-in took about 5 minutes which was pretty fast. My friend and I had to wait for another fifteen minutes for the keys to our hotel room which was on the fourth level. On the whole, the staff of the hotel was courteous and friendly. Checking-out was a breeze too although we had to wait for a group of four who were checking-out at about the same time.

LOCATION:
The location of the hotel is pretty good. It is about 10 minutes walk to the Discovery Shopping Mall and the Kuta Beach. It is about 12 minutes walk to the Matahari departmental store in Kuta Square.

When we asked for directions to the nearby Discovery Shopping Mall and the Kuta Beach, we were given clear instructions. Please be prepared that there may not be maps of the locality that could be available at the hotel's front desk. Thankfully, the verbal instructions were so clear that I could find my way to the Discovery Shopping Mall on foot.

For guests who wish to explore the areas nearby the hotel at night, please bring along a bright torch. Generally, the area is safe from crimes, yet a bright torch would be needed to see well when walking alongside the roads which have almost no street lamps.

There are at least two convenience stores just opposite the hotel. The prices of the mineral water were very affordable and I find it cost-effective to purchase my bottles of mineral water and ice-cream from any of these stores. The great news is that the hotel actually provides free supplies of mineral water upon request.

Taxis were easily available in the area, but my friend and I chose to walk to enjoy the pleasure of this physical activity.

AMENITIES:
The air-conditioning and the bathroom facilities were in good working condition during our stay. I appreciated the satisfactory room service.

My friend had experience slow connection when she was attempting to tap into the free Wi-Fi offered by the hotel. The temperature of the fridge was not cold enough so I did not use it to keep my ice-cream cold. I simply ate the ice-cream as soon as I can.

There were poolside services as well as the spa and massage services that were offered at the hotel. However, my friend and I did not use any of these services due to time constraints.

Otherwise, generally I was pretty satisfied with the most of the amenities.

BREAKFAST:
The complimentary continental buffet breakfast was satisfactory and pleasing. I was delighted that there is an egg station which cooks eggs according to the preferences of the guests. To add to the delight, the kitchen at the Ambrosia Restaurant, where we had our buffet breakfast would make efforts to vary the menu each day.

The sautéed mushrooms were delicious and worth a good try. The chef also makes efforts to make carvings out of fruits on some occasions.

While enjoying my breakfast, I would be treated to Balinese music played over the sound system. The satisfactory offer of food and the pleasant dining environment led me to wake up each day looking forward to breakfast!

SERVICE QUALITY:
The staff at the hotel have been responsive to our requests. Our room's safe deposit box was not working properly. When we called up the front desk, we were attended to very shortly and the issue was rectified promptly. When I had asked for an extra pillow, my request was promptly met too.

Generally, the staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful.

MISCELLANEOUS SERVICES
I had enquired about purchasing postage stamps from the hotel and I worked out that it would have been cheaper for me to purchase postage stamps from a nearby convenience store or the post-office. However, it is free to ask for help from the hotel to post letters/postcards.

CONCLUSION:
Overall, the friendly and attentive service at this hotel has left an impression in me. The location is pretty good too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
tommyBWRK, General Manager at Best Western Resort Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I were not able to sleep well since our first night at Best Western, Kubu Anyar Street. We stayed there for 2 nights. The AC was too noisy and not cool at all. We contacted the front desk to request for a technician to fix the AC. After a while a technician came to check on the AC. According to him, he had to go out to fix the outdoor AC. After couple hours, there was no news from the technician. We had to follow up with the front desk again. The front desk lady told us that according to the technician, our AC has been fixed. However, the AC was still in the same condition as before. Finally, we asked the front desk to send somebody again to re-check the AC. At last, they offered us to move to other room. However, the AC in the new room was not cool either. Since it was almost midnight, we had no choice but to try to sleep in our new room. We were too tired to make a complain AGAIN!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Very near to Kuta beach and there is a mall nearby to the Kuta beach area. Food was easy to get in Kuta street. There is one convenient store just infront of hotel which opens 24 hours. Staff was helpful and polite. Room was clean and and comfort. Satisfied with the services given by the hotel staff. A little bit disappointed with the cleanliness of the room's chair. It was quite dirty with stain. Overall is a good value deal of stay for those who loves the surfing beach location as it is very near to the beach.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed September 23, 2012

From the moment I step in to the hotel I was already pissed off. The receptionist said that they had a jamming problem with their system, causing an overbooked. So, they had to transfer me to another hotel (big question mark!). They put me in some low level hotel. It did not make sense, If they need to transfer the guest, they could have transfer me to another Best Western hotel in Bali. So I called the hotel again, when I asked for their responsibility, the receptionist said that they have transferred me to a similar level hotel. (how on earth she could say that) that new hotel did not even have its own restaurant...the similar level?? I asked for their responsibility, and the manager gave a different reason to the unavailability that happened. He said that they had a problem with the water pipe. What the f??? They lied to their guest? I had to quarrel with him, and at the end he gave me an upgraded room to deluxe for 2 nights plus welcome dinner, free spa and free pick ups. The problem did not end there. The next morning I went back to the hotel, I had to quarrel again that the manager gave me the deluxe room with all the extra complimentary. It was so annoying that there was no coordination between the manager and the staff, and that I had to quarrel and asked them like a beggar. The most annoying part happened today with the complimentary spa. The day before I was already informed that I would get twice complimentary spa which I already took one, but when I got there (the spa place), she said I had to pay. I asked her to confirm again with the manager, so she called the front office, mentioning (literally) that `the guest insists on getting the second spa`. These words in Indonesian are such a rude term you can say about your customer. I was already tired facing the staff of this hotel, so I did not feel of sending a complain or confirming it anymore. Even with the free pick ups they offer, I do not need it. I have never treated so low like this before with spending a night at a hotel. I am will never use this hotel anymore especially with a broken pipe deluxe room, so not worth it!. You `d better go and choose other hotels if you visit Bali.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nunung R
tommyBWRK, General Manager at Best Western Resort Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my wife and 2 kids, 3yrs old and 4 month old.

The hotel was located down a very narrow side street which made it a nightmare to access by foot with small children and buggy as it was very busy with traffic of all kinds. the hotel has on open face to it, no doors so kids can easily run out into this traffic if unattended. it was nice and clean though. It was situated about a 1 minute walk from the beach and about 10 mins walk from the main bars, clubs and shops.

The staff were great and took care of our children whilst we ate even though this wasnt their job. The food was good, especially the steak by weight and all you can eat BBQ's. These vary in price but cost about £7 or $10 australian per person. Very reasonable. (Exchange rate changes though)

The room was a double, was a bit small, but was well presented, clean and tidy. Has free wifi, not very fast even though it was stated as high speed and a flat screen 32" wall mounted tv with a good mixture of content. Had good aircon though, a safe and minibar.

The roof top pool and bar were very nice although a bit on the small side! Id hate to have seen it if it was busy. It had an amazing view of the sunset but was slightly spoiled by the demolished building it overlooked! Will post a picture.

All in all it was a very cheap holiday and we enjoyed it.

P.S Dont book the airport transfer via the hotel, at the time it cost us 180000 rupiahs ($18 australian or £12). We got a taxi back to the airport which cost 32500 rupiahs ($3.25 australian or £2) for the 30 mins journey (due to traffic).

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank scotsparaman
tommyBWRK, General Manager at Best Western Resort Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012