“Excellent location, great value!!!”
Review of Dekuta Hotel

Dekuta Hotel
Ranked #100 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I think everyone praised this place so, there is no point in stating again that this is a great place to stay. We stayed there for 8 days. Very friendly staff and good facilities.

What's best about this place is the location. You go out of the hotel and turn left, you will end up in the main street of Kuta and you turn right you will end up in all the party places in Kuta. Me and my family loved staying in this place. And it is also very reasonably priced.

I would stay there again if I go to Bali next time.

Room Tip: The rooms on ground floor has less privacy. There are probably 2 rooms that are not pool facing. Av...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 13, 2011

This is my second time in Bali, thus i noe my way around. I like where the hotel is located. Near to grab my food, nice alley shops, near the night scene area and near the Beach! (;

Overall stay was awesome. The room was fine. The TV have many channels & you'll never get bored. The pool area is so nice. The lobby is well decorated.

BUT...

The hotel rate was higher and they overcharged my stay. I have to pay S$40 unlike what they promised. The towel wasn't changed. The pool doesn't have enough chair for us to sit. Their "card-key" always have problem and I have to go up and down from my room @ level 3 by STAIRS cos there isn't any LIFTS! ); They also still enter the room to clean despite the "Do not disturb" sign being placed outside.

Despite all that I still like the whole look of the hotel and the friendly people. I'll sure stay there again. (;

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Stayed at Dekuta for 12 ish nights because our usual hotel was booked. Totally was not impressed. When we booked asked for a room towards the back of the hotel to avoid passing traffic, ended up with the first room along. Sooo much passing traffic.
A) Food was average
B) Room wasnt clean. Had to wait a whole day for fresh towels for the shower. Sheets were changed but new pillow cases were dirty.
C) Only 8 pool beds, pool in shade 75% of the time. Pool is awkward to get in/out of.
D) Arranged with hotel for pick up from the airport as we had surfboards with us. Arrived in Bali and there was nobody at the airport to pick us up. Waited and eventually called the hotel and their driver was sick. No attempt to contact us to inform us - no email/phone call etc...

Overall was not impressed and would not stay again.

Room Tip: Second storey towards the back.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We decided to stay here for 2 nights to end our holiday in Bali. Turned out it was a downside of our trip. Bathroom was smelly, room floor was dusty with mozzie n insects flying around. Not to mention that we saw a dead lizard stuck between the door with ants surrounded it. With the money we paid, we could get a better room at other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TripOfOurs
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I recently stayed here for 13 nights and shared a deluxe room with two of my friends, the room was spacious however I would still recommend it just for two people as by the time you get suitcases and things in it was a little crowded. Rooms are tastefully decorated, beds are quite firm, expect only the basics in room.
Things I enjoyed about this hotel:
Great central location
Nice friendly staff
Clean rooms and value for money it was AUD $137 for the 3 of us per night
Pretty good food from the restaurant when you ordered it breakfasts however got very boring very quick with only two different days so by the end I really couldnt face another breakfast there, variety of food was pretty slack.

Things that could be inproved:
Put a hair dryer in room
Terrible mosquitos, I got bitten really bad one night in the room so we had to continually spray it out
Some days we got hand towels other days we wouldnt like they would run out
They always run out of pool towels
The rooms are not sound proof at all sometimes I felt like I was sitting in the room with the neighbours watchn their TV it was so clearly heard
They also allow quite a lot of groups of young people so be prepared with them staying up late making a fair amount of noise and reception does nothing until you complain
My biggest complaint of all was when i moved to another room for 3 nights to have some quiet time I forgot I left my phone and passport in the safe in the new room. I realised this once I went back to my original room and was panicking as it wasnt there when we went to get it, the staff said not to worry and he would find it which he did but when I got back home my phone had been used as I had lots of new balinese contacts in my phone and settings changed to indo so beware of the staff who seem lovely but obviously some are very dishonest as they knew I was still staying the hotel for a further 3 nights yet did not return it to me, they were going to keep it.
Deck chairs and sun loungers were pretty dirty like they hadnt washed them since theyd opened, so gross!
Overall I still had a great time in Bali but never would I stay the full time in just one place again, Dekuta hotel for me would be a 4 or so night stay then onto somewhere different.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kelly G
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed there for 10days and I enjoyed every bit of it, for $97 a night I couldn't complain, I stayed in room 107 bottom level and that was good positioning because it was away from the live music held on Friday nights and I didn't really hear much from there. Pool was a downside as the sun only hits half of it and it's a race for sun chairs as well. As for location AWESOME, everything was so close at hand and you felt secure with so much around you. I had to buy Mosquito spray as the mossies where pretty bad. If your staying here a must for anyone wanting to site see is to go see DAVID short plump guy, bikey sunnies and a rats tail at the back of his head who is at the front of the hotel everyday, he took us to Nusa Dua, Dreamland, Uluwatu then Jimbaran Bay(8pm at night) for 400'000( approx 45 Aus) which was pretty good. Overall I would stay there again for sure!!

Room Tip: 107 was a good room!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank cynthia p
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Kuta beach and 200 meters to the nightlife that Bali is very famous Legian area.
Also the price is cheap and is in poppies lane 2, which is full of cheap restaurants, most of which settled there is a foreign citizen of non local, shopping. Different from most hotels in poppies that are old hotel, but otherwise Dekuta hotel with modern concepts and comfortable and clean. Not recommended for those of you who want to vacation and living at the hotel, but I highly recommend for beach lovers, surfing, partygoing and adventurers.
This place is no elevator but it does not matter because only three floors high. No toiletries such as soap, toothbrushes and toothpaste, but the rest rooms are so comfortable, modern and you will never feel like staying in 3 star hotel in the area of poppies

Room Tip: choose with pool view
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo