stayed with my friend in room 635 in mid Feb for four days, on the sixth (highest) floor - the room was a junior suite with a pool view and it was pretty clean. the bedroom and living area was big, with a huge comfortable double bed (might've been a king size?) and a big comfy couch. the bathroom was adequate, great high powered hot water shower, but the vanity bench was so close to the toilet that everytime we went to sit on it we would almost bump our heads! though we viewed our friends' room (333) and that wasnt a problem. the cleaner came to clean our room everyday- his name was Oke and he was thorough, very friendly and spoke good english. there were two air con units, one in the bedroom and the other in the living area and they worked very well. kitchen was adequate also though the kettle couldve used a wash inside. I saw about 5 ants on the first day, they were those brown slow argentine sugar ants that scour around for whatever they can find. i was very disappointed when they found my folded bag of breakfast cereal on the kitchen bench on the second day :(
the really crappy thing about the hotel was that i found the free wi-fi quite poor. i dont know if it was because we were staying on a high floor or if my nokia was just crappy but my friend's iphone worked well when using the wi-fi in the lobby. luckily there was a hotel guest's computer for me to use that connected to the net without dropping out.
hotel pool was pretty good, they play a good shortlist of music at the swim-up bar which continues into the night but coz we were so high up it didnt disturb us while sleeping.
all in all, not a bad place to stay, i think our room was good. it's in an ok location on jalan majapahit which intersects with jalan legian (a popular street). maybe a 10 min taxi ride back to the hotel from skygarden nightclub coz it's all one-way streets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Kuta Resort by Swiss-Belhotel is conveniently located in the heart of Kuta area, 15 minutes away from the Ngurah Rai International Airport and five minutes to Kuta beach. Our central location allows easy access to entertainment venues, tourist attractions, exclusive shopping and sightseeing in the Kuta, Legian, Seminyak and Nusa Dua regions.We boast more than 250 rooms, featuring amenities you would expect of a four-star hotel. Choose from superior, deluxe or junior suites tastefully furnished in a blend of classical and contemporary motifs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Bali Kuta Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Kuta Resort And Convention Center
- Bali Kuta Hotel Kuta
- Bali Kuta Resort & Convention Center