I stayed here with my friend last week (start of Feb). We were greeted so well with smiles and all staff wanting to help in any way possible. We were also upgraded into a Executive (I think) room on the ground level accross from the pool bar including a lounge area which was so spacious. We are both young girls and met a fair few other young people while here. I can imagine that during peak season it would be full of young people but during our stay I'd say it was about 60% young - 40% middle aged.
POOL: The pool is great both day and night. It also has a swim up bar which has happy hour (as mentioned by others below). The cocktail menu has a lot to choose from and the staff have no issue with mixing up anything that you can think of. The swim up bar does close quite early (6pm) but staff wait around until they have made all your drinks. Regardless,the bar in the restaurant is open until 10pm and you can order drinks from room service 24/7.
FOOD: Breakfast was awesome. Everything you can think of - bacon (on request), eggs, omelette, fruit, cereal, even fried rice and mi goreng (perfect hangover cure). Staff are always coming around to your table with complimentary tea and coffee and also asking if you would like additional drinks. The room service and lunch & dinner menus are good with western food and also authentic Balinese options. I would definitely recommend the pizzas! They are to die for! The only issue we had with food was upstairs at the BBQ. It was by no means bad, but in comparison to the other menu options and the hype that was given by staff it was just quite overpriced and not as good of food.
LOCATION: Aston Kuta's situated really well for all types of travellers. You are out of the hustle and bustle but also close to shopping (Discovery Mall - 2 minute cab, Poppys Lanes - 5-10 min cab), clubbing (Legian - 10-15min cab depending on the night & traffic), Kuta beach (5 minute cab).
STAFF: The staff were by far the highlight of my stay here. They are such kind hearted, crazy people. If they hear your name once they will without a doubt remember it for the entirety of your stay. Each morning the males greet you with their hand on their heart and a smile on their face. Staff at the front desk are always willing to help as well as those at the restaurant. The security guards and concierge are funny and willing to help with ordering a cab (get it off the street not ordered by phone because that's additional costs). We had a lot to do with the bar tenders and if you stay here make sure you chuck a few dollars tip to Tenny, Asis & Indra for their amazing service. They all just want to make you laugh and give so much time to each and every person. I could not thank these guys more for how well they treated us and how much of a good time they helped us have. In summary, AMAZING STAFF!
Basically, go there, it's worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A contemporary sanctuary just a short stroll from the world renowned Kuta Beach, the Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence provides a stylish and comfortable atmosphere as your home away from home. With it's trend setting restaurants, roof top lounge and luxurious guest rooms designs- each guest will have a truly remarkable experience.While the hotel is situated in a peaceful and quaint area of Kuta it is just short walk (50 M) from the world renowned Kuta Beach and the heart of Kuta's restaurant and shopping district. Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence has over 209 guest rooms, banquet and meeting facilities, business center, gymnasium, swimming pool, spa services and 24hr room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Kuta Hotel And Residence
- Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence Bali