It was our first time in Bali. We recently stayed at Aston Bali Kuta for 7 nights from 26/1/13. The hotel is beautiful. The pool is not in ground but clean and there’s also a kids’ pool. Staffs are friendly and polite. 10 minutes walking distant to Kuta Centre or by taxi 5 minutes, cost approx IDR7,000. 15 minutes to the cinema, each ticket IDR35,000 (weekdays) and IDR50,000 (weekends).
No wifi in rooms but available in lobby and restaurant. Breakfast is great with variety of food, no pork bacon but available if ask. There are beef/chicken bacon, fried rice & fried noodles, beef/chicken sausages, salads, cereals, 5 different juices, bread, eggs, pancake, sweets and fruits and more.... plenty to choose from.
Room is cleaned each day and you can ask when you want it cleaned. The bed wasn’t as comfortable but overall good.
Hotel is great but one thing happened on our first day kinda ruined the holiday spirit. Don’t go to the money exchanger opposite the hotel, or any local owner money exchangers. Go to the well known Western Union offices/shops in Kuta Centre. We exchanged $300 but he only gave us $200 worth, IDR 1 million was missing. His hands were like doing magic tricks. He counted the money in front of us and we both saw with our own eyes that he piled up the notes and handed them to us but somehow IDR 1 million was missing. We didn’t know until we were back at the hotel and recounted the notes.
Few days later, on the way to Kuta Centre we passed another local money exchanger. However, the fella refused to exchange because we wanted to count the notes ourselves.
Anyhow, despite that unpleasant experience, friendly happy warm smiles at Aston really made our stay. If we ever coming back to Bali we would return to Aston Bali Kuta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amidst a tropical setting of the Island of God, nestled in a quaint area of Kuta and only a strol away from the famous Kuta Beach, Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence offers a stylish and comfortable atmosphere for discerning travelers. Strategicaly situated only within 10-minute drive from I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport, this property delivers a broad–gauge establishment. Being con-veniently settled nearby shopping mals,the biggest waterpark in Southeast Asia and surrounded by lavish gourmet galore, Aston Kuta Hotel &Residence is the ideal and ultimate home for holiday-makers. Those who travel solo, with friends or family, as wel as honeymooners will find this property voguish and comfy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Kuta Hotel And Residence
- Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence Bali