We arrived in Bali all hot and bothered with a 16month old baby. This was a 7 man family holiday for 7 nights. We were originally booked at the J-Botique hotel but when we arrived there they did not have our booking. The local travel agents managed to get us into another hotel which was an upgrade
The people at Ashton Kuta were so friendly. A lot of the staff remembered my little one’s name and played with her whenever they saw her. This was such a nice personalized feeling. Rohmat was our favorite person there and took an extra effort with my little one. Due to us checking in at the last minute they were not able to accommodate us with rooms next to us and 3 out of the 4 room were twin beds. But the rooms were spacious and clean. Our room over looked the pool. It was stunning at night when the pool lights were on and changed colours. This had to be the focus of the hotel. All of the rooms had wifi and it was a cheap price for 24 hours. Alternatively the lobby and the restaurant has free wifi.
The entire hotel is a smoking, the rooms, the lobby and the restaurant. This was a bit of a put off for me. To up its game the Aston Kuta should have designated smoking areas and smoking and non-smoking rooms.
The breakfasts had a great variery. Surasana made the best egg variations from sunny side up eggs to omelets. That kept me going each day. You do tire from the breakfast after the stating there for 7 nights.Aston Kuta is a mere 250m from the Kuta beach which is not suitable to lazing on as it is quite dirty. To get to a go d beach it was a 45min drive to Uluwatu. There is a laundry across the road from the hotel that will was, iron and package your clothes for you – however just be mindful that your white clothes will return with a hint of brown.
My husband and B-I-L hired scooters for a few days and this was a great way to see the city. The Discovery Mall was just a few kilometres away so it was a nice drive on the scooters. In the evenings it was better to walk than take taxis as the traffic on the main road was bad due to the construction.
There are a number of massage spots down the road from the hotel. Bali Princess just to the left of the hotel was our favorite. Mr Herry the hair stylist was excellent. Had the best hair wash and set ever. And their prices are very cheap.
All in all we had a relaxing holiday and the hotel was delightful. Will likely return to Aston Kuta – it is a pity they are not close to a good beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amidst a tropical setting of the Island of God, nestled in a quaint area of Kuta and only a strol away from the famous Kuta Beach, Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence offers a stylish and comfortable atmosphere for discerning travelers. Strategicaly situated only within 10-minute drive from I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport, this property delivers a broad–gauge establishment. Being con-veniently settled nearby shopping mals,the biggest waterpark in Southeast Asia and surrounded by lavish gourmet galore, Aston Kuta Hotel &Residence is the ideal and ultimate home for holiday-makers. Those who travel solo, with friends or family, as wel as honeymooners will find this property voguish and comfy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Kuta Hotel And Residence
- Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence Bali