“An excellent stay in Bali thanks to Aston Kuta”

Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence
Ranked #29 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We arrived in Bali all hot and bothered with a 16month old baby. This was a 7 man family holiday for 7 nights. We were originally booked at the J-Botique hotel but when we arrived there they did not have our booking. The local travel agents managed to get us into another hotel which was an upgrade 

The people at Ashton Kuta were so friendly. A lot of the staff remembered my little one’s name and played with her whenever they saw her. This was such a nice personalized feeling. Rohmat was our favorite person there and took an extra effort with my little one. Due to us checking in at the last minute they were not able to accommodate us with rooms next to us and 3 out of the 4 room were twin beds. But the rooms were spacious and clean. Our room over looked the pool. It was stunning at night when the pool lights were on and changed colours. This had to be the focus of the hotel. All of the rooms had wifi and it was a cheap price for 24 hours. Alternatively the lobby and the restaurant has free wifi.

The entire hotel is a smoking, the rooms, the lobby and the restaurant. This was a bit of a put off for me. To up its game the Aston Kuta should have designated smoking areas and smoking and non-smoking rooms.
The breakfasts had a great variery. Surasana made the best egg variations from sunny side up eggs to omelets. That kept me going each day. You do tire from the breakfast after the stating there for 7 nights.Aston Kuta is a mere 250m from the Kuta beach which is not suitable to lazing on as it is quite dirty. To get to a go d beach it was a 45min drive to Uluwatu. There is a laundry across the road from the hotel that will was, iron and package your clothes for you – however just be mindful that your white clothes will return with a hint of brown.

My husband and B-I-L hired scooters for a few days and this was a great way to see the city. The Discovery Mall was just a few kilometres away so it was a nice drive on the scooters. In the evenings it was better to walk than take taxis as the traffic on the main road was bad due to the construction.

There are a number of massage spots down the road from the hotel. Bali Princess just to the left of the hotel was our favorite. Mr Herry the hair stylist was excellent. Had the best hair wash and set ever. And their prices are very cheap.

All in all we had a relaxing holiday and the hotel was delightful. Will likely return to Aston Kuta – it is a pity they are not close to a good beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the pool - it is a beautiful site especially at night
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sirisha G

Reviewed January 5, 2012

The hotel is connected to the end of the Kuta beach, whereby you have to walk a much longer distant to reach the main area of kuta beach. Only a few shops nearby the hotel, everything else has to cab down.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank GegerlBebear
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We booked a suite for 1 week, our room opened to a poolside courtyard. The pool is a good size and not too busy, they have a bar where you can get drinks and food. The room was modern clean and bright with 2 a/c units, we only had one on at a time. Our daughter had an extra bed and we were most comfortable. I liked the street where it is located in South Kuta/Segara Beach. You can find restaurants, laundry, massage, money changers all at great value. For less than $5 you can have a ball at the local shops. The beach is at the end of the street and much cleaner and quieter than Kuta or Legian. Tip: if you want a driver for the day they charge 50,000RP approx $5 per hour including fuel, we went on 3 day trips for less than $50 per day for the whole group and it's a 7 seater. Traffic is crazy in Bali, don't drive yourself!

Room Tip: Premier suites have a seperate lounge and kitchen with poolside courtyard.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed at the Aston Kuta from the 8th to the 22nd of December 2011 in room 512 - Was by far the greatest holiday ever and that was alot of thanks to the staff at the Aston! Clean rooms and great room service. The free cocktail party on the mezzanine floor really topped it off! The staff we're sooo friendly and helpful, Buffet breaky was fab, And the roof top bar is to die for!! Nice clean pool - I could go on and on! Will definately be our first choice when we come back to Bali at the end of the year :)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stacie S
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Me and my husband stayed in this hotel for 10 days with my 3 children aged 11, 9 and 5 and also my father stayed we ordered 2 rooms one was a family room (sleeps 4)and the other room was a deluxe room (sleeps 2) when we arrived my father and son were upgraded to a family room also and on arrival we received a complimentary free plate of fruit, this hotel was outstanding as my husband and I have been to Bali before and stayed at other hotels and they were nightmares and my husband was worried to go back to Bali, but Aston kuta hotel has changed his mind he was and we all were so pleased with this hotel the kids loved it, especially the buffet breakfast it was fit for a king,the pool was great especially nice and shallow for the 5year old, the other pool was great for the older children, bottled water was always given,rooms always made,service was great overall,we walked to kuta even the children did,wasn't a problem for us, there is a shuttle that will drop you off at 10.30 and 2.30 every day to the discovery mall. I honestly recommend this hotel to anyone it's so clean,tidy,great service and staff are so nice and caring. Thank you Aston kuta for making our holiday a lovely and memorable stay Thank you to all the wonderful staff

Room Tip: We had rooms 3rd floor 353 and 351
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Janice A
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed in a deluxe room #650 top floor corner room facing beach direction for 6 nights. It was very good value through agoda.com. The customer service, restaurant, breakfast, pool are very good. However the location is to far to walk to kuta center, a taxi does only cost around $1AUD if you insist they put the meter on. The room is good with a nice private balcony, big screen tv with over 60 channels and the most comfortable bed i have ever slept in and cold air con. The shower is dissapointing and the whole bathroom floor gets flooded as the water streams around the bath edge straight onto the floor. Also even when i had the do not disturb light active on the door until around 11 when i wake up, there was 3 days where the housekeepers would knock on the door around 8 then 9 and 930 which i was not happy about. Although it is not the hotels fault, the shops across the street have around 6 dogs which loiter and bark constent through the night which faces my room and kept me awake, so make sure you get a room facing the pool area and not the beach side as the room is not well sound proofed. The staff here are very friendly and professional and dont expect tips, it is also the most secure hotel i have stayed in with lots of security, all vehicles are checked and bags x rayed. I would not stay here again only because of the location but would highly recommend to anyone who does not mind being away from kuta center.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Billyperth
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My partner took me to Bali for 10nights for my 21st birthday where we stayed at Aston Kuta the whole stay. From start the service was amazing. Very friendly people! I did have a small accident in the breakfast area where I slipped on something. Ended up breaking a plate, I was extremely embarrassed but they helped me up, took me back to my seat and were full of sincere apologies. They then offered us the option to attend there buffet dinner with a Balinese dance show which was also great! The room was clean and tidy! The only upset to the hotel was the pool area. It's in the middle of the hotel so the sun is blocked out most of the time! And as the beachesaint so great to swim in we did rely on the pool but found it a bit too cold when outve the sun.
Other than that we both highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2011