We booked into the Aston after checking out of the Oasis Boutique Hotel at Tanjung Benoa because the beds were so uncomfortable. Went to a chiropractor at Kuta Galleria and got "manipulated"back into place (cost $100 aud).
Check in was quick & easy, I announced we were checking in & she said "yes Mrs Butt, we are expecting you" - nice!
The pool is huge & hardly anyone uses it, most days we had it to ourselves. The sun lounges are in full sun (very hot) or under an umbrella, personally I prefer a grassed area around the pool with trees for shade. If Aston Kuta had a larger sun lounge area with trees and grass it would be the perfect hotel.
Breakfast was lovely, lots of variety and nothing to complain about.
The rooms were comfortable, clean and had everything we needed - good air con, nice balcony, toiletries supplied in bathroom, clean linen & towel and comfortable bed & pillows. We got room 666 and were a bit worried this was going to be a bad sign - but nothing happened, this room has a beach view from the balcony.
I had a lavender spa package, body scrub, massage, steam, bath, lotion - $50usd for 2.5 hours - very nice & relaxing. Their spa is lovely and really good prices
We ate lunch at the pool bar everyday, food was nice, nothing to rave about but certainly no complaints.
All the staff were genuinely very friendly, they love to talk to the guests which was nice, they remember you and greet you when they see you around the hotel.
We booked the hotel on wotif.com for $100 per night - I thought the price was pretty good for the standard of hotel, dont think I would pay much more than that, (price included buffet breakfast).
Bar tender mentioned the hotel may be putting in a roof top pool - now this would be spectacular if they put grass & trees and lots of sun lounges around, there is a bar on the top levl but way to hot to sit there during the day so I doubt if this area is being used as much as it could by hotel guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence is perfectly located to give you the best of what Kuta has to offer. Its a 5 min walk to Kuta’s quiet German Beach, where you can photograph beautiful local fishing canoes, and watch the planes landing over the water at the I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport, just a 5 min drive south from the hotel. A short taxi ride up the road will bring you to the local and international shopping district where you will find thousands of local street vendors, Lippo Mall, Discovery Kartika Plaza, Park 23, and BeachWalk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Kuta Hotel And Residence
- Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence Bali