My wife and I enjoyed our 4 nights stay in Aston Kuta in August 2011. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are great value too. Breakfast is not bad, although they can change the menu a bit more often. We rated it Excellent value - don't expect a five stars experience by Australian standards, it is more like a five stars experience by Asia standards... ;-)
The beach in Kuta is disappointing, so the hotel is not located close to a good beach. But Legian is not too far and taxis are cheap. It is located in a quiet area, which was great for us.
We then moved to a private villa in Seminyak, which was good, but much more expensive.
The hotel offers transport services, which are obviously much more expensive then elsewhere, but guarantee good service. We have hired a driver outside the hotel and apparently, he works with the hotel as well. His name is Ketut, he drove us around the island for 3 days and was fantastic. His contact is: firstname.lastname@example.org - sorry, but I don't have his phone number.
You can email him, though - he has a blackberry. My wife and I preferred to hire a driver personally, which guarantees that the locals (rather than wealthy property /big business owners) enjoy our money. Note that Ketut is not a travel guide - he is not licensed to do so and doesn't pretend to be one.
If you are after a travel guide, you should better enquire at the hotel. My wife and I simply asked Ketut to take us to the nicest spots he knows around the island and didn't regret it. As a Balinese born local, he knew every spot around the island and took us to less touristy hot springs and local restaurants. We learned that he was divorced and took care of his two kids by himself. We were pleased to pay him directly rather than through a hotel and also gave him a generous tip at the end.
Enjoy Bali and the warm hospitality of the locals. We certainly did! :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amidst a tropical setting of the Island of God, nestled in a quaint area of Kuta and only a strol away from the famous Kuta Beach, Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence offers a stylish and comfortable atmosphere for discerning travelers. Strategicaly situated only within 10-minute drive from I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport, this property delivers a broad–gauge establishment. Being con-veniently settled nearby shopping mals,the biggest waterpark in Southeast Asia and surrounded by lavish gourmet galore, Aston Kuta Hotel &Residence is the ideal and ultimate home for holiday-makers. Those who travel solo, with friends or family, as wel as honeymooners will find this property voguish and comfy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Kuta Hotel And Residence
- Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence Bali