“Great experience”

and up
Beginner Surfing Lesson at Kuta Beach
Ranked #4 of 199 Outdoor Activities in Kuta
More attraction details
Owner description: Odysseys Surf School announced that it has received a TripAdvisor(R) Certificate of Excellence award. The accolade, which honors hospitality excellence, is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor, and is extended to qualifying businesses worldwide. We'd like to thank all of our past guests who took the time to complete a review for Odysseys surf school. ABOUT ODYSSEYS SURF SCHOOL Odysseys Surf School is a surfing school with a reputation for it's open, fun and friendly atmosphere. Established in 2003 and sponsored by Oakley and supported by the Academy of Surfing Instructors Australia, Hard Rock Cafe, Surftime-Surf Mag , Surfer Girl we have the know how, skill, experience and resources to make our surf school an exciting place for its students to learn how to surf in Bali.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Singapore, Singapore
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I choose to go with a private lesson for my first time and I'm glad I did. I don't think it would of been as successful in a small group.

They picked me up from my hotel and we went to the shop. After a little bit of paperwork, they provided me with a locker key and a rash guard. I met my instructor and off we went to the beach across the street. Not far at all.

After some basic instruction on the beach we set out into the water. I expected to fall down most of the time and not be very good, but I was surprised and surfed many waves and had a great time. The instructor(Lei?) was patience and very knowledgeable. There was also a guy running around with a camera takes pictures and video which you can buy later for only $15. The quality was very good, so I went for that. After that was all settled I had to wait for some other people to wrap up their business before being taken back to my resort.

I will totally do this again, and probably do another private lesson with the same company. To complete newbies like myself, I would warn you it is exhausting!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Decent”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Central location. Hard to miss.

Good facilities and decent price for rental. Slightly more expensive than pro-surf school, but location more central & you don't have to carry board back to school, which is plus

Foam board I rented was kind of funny, but otherwise it's all good.

I'd go back again!

North Mackay, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Awesome Odyssey surf adventure”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Hey if your looking for a great crowd of people and cool times Odyssey surf school is THE way to go! Pick up from your hotel, local directions on surf and conditions, made to feel one of the team and patient and fun instructions from the instructors!
Beginners had a ball from what I saw - laughing falling and heaps of fun! Intermediate surfing was great - the guys were awesome in helping correct styles and your general surfing and the waves were great!!
The cool manager was always attentive as were the excellent staff - safe storage lockers and hot showers available as well as towels and surf rashies! Top notch show with fun and no dramas!
Highly recommended and prices were excellent! Just go look at their web pages etc. thanks. Odessey!!!

Visited June 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun, well organised and an excellent Instructor”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My wife and I visited for a 2.5 hour semi private lesson and had never surfed before. We had one instructor between two of us. He was excellent. His descriptions were thorough, he was very patient and he was enthusiastic. Brilliant value for money and well organised. We paid approx. £50 each for the day including transfers from Nusa Dua and the use of lockers and showers. For approx. £10, we were able to purchase the professional photos, of which there were over 150! Another couple we spoke to had one instructor between 6 and weren't as happy as us so I'd recommend the semi private lesson. If you've never surfed before, it is hard work and I found 2.5 hours more than enough for one day. I would strongly recommend to a friend.

Visited June 2014
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great fun in the sun!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My son (7years old) and I had a blast learning to surf this morning. This was our first time. Our instructors (Alfred and Kimu) were fabulous. They provided us with good clear instructions and were very patient. We had lots of laughs while learning the basics. They were professional, friendly and safety conscious. I would recommend them without hesitation. Can't wait to try this again!