“Great Lesson”

Odysseys Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Odysseys Surf School announced that it has received a TripAdvisor(R) Certificate of Excellence award. The accolade, which honors hospitality excellence, is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor, and is extended to qualifying businesses worldwide. We'd like to thank all of our past guests who took the time to complete a review for Odysseys surf school. ABOUT ODYSSEYS SURF SCHOOL Odysseys Surf School is a surfing school with a reputation for it's open, fun and friendly atmosphere. Established in 2003 and sponsored by Oakley and supported by the Academy of Surfing Instructors Australia, Hard Rock Cafe, Surftime-Surf Mag , Surfer Girl we have the know how, skill, experience and resources to make our surf school an exciting place for its students to learn how to surf in Bali.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)
All reviews
in 124 reviews
"equipment"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Hands down the best surfing experience I've had yet. Some important information:

-extremely nice/experienced teachers (they're there to teach you the whole time and you learn a great deal)
-place provides a shuttle to and back from your hotel
-$35 per day, or $65 for 2 days
-$15 for 1 person for a CD of photos, or $20 for 2 people for a CD of photos (I ended up only paying $5 for my own photos the second day since I had purchased it the prior day) The photos are great quality too; they use a high quality lens to capture all your surfing moments (good & bad haha)
-they provide, showers, towels, surfing equipment, locker storage, clothing, and lots & lots of water

I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

They have everything you need to learn surfing. Friendly staff, professional surf instructor, and GREAT pictures. Could stand up in less than 10 mins in the sea, kudos to Odysseys for providing an excellent afternoon packed with surf and fun

Pay up and enjoy !

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The surfing class was a lot of fun and instructors were well-trained. Highly recommended for surfers of all levels =)

See more reviews
Reviewed June 9, 2013

For more than 10 years, I had wanted to visit Bali for it's famed surfing. Having only had a short and very basic lesson in Australia half a lifetime ago, I wanted badly to have some sustained re-training and clock some wave time. Finally got down to booking private lessons on 3 consecutive days with Odysseys.
Pickup was very punctual and I had a ball of a time revisiting the basics and getting back on my feet (literally). Was riding waves more comfortably than I ever did 10 years ago. The boards were in good condition and my instructor Gary was very professional and observant, able to quickly point out my mistakes and help me learn faster.
Looking forward to visiting Bali and Odysseys again soon ... and hopefully conquer the larger waves that I wasn't able to in my short time there.