“Very attentive instructors”

2.5-hour Beginner's Surfing Lesson at Kuta Beach
Ranked #3 of 176 Outdoor Activities in Kuta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Odysseys Surf School announced that it has received a TripAdvisor(R) Certificate of Excellence award. The accolade, which honors hospitality excellence, is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor, and is extended to qualifying businesses worldwide. We'd like to thank all of our past guests who took the time to complete a review for Odysseys surf school. ABOUT ODYSSEYS SURF SCHOOL Odysseys Surf School is a surfing school with a reputation for it's open, fun and friendly atmosphere. Established in 2003 and sponsored by Oakley and supported by the Academy of Surfing Instructors Australia, Hard Rock Cafe, Surftime-Surf Mag , Surfer Girl we have the know how, skill, experience and resources to make our surf school an exciting place for its students to learn how to surf in Bali.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Booked the grand kids in for sturfing, it was their first time and within. The first hour , they could stand up. Their instructor was also very attentive and closely watched them and corrected their technique. I felt very safe and confident with the instructors and the kids just loved them!!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I booked my lessons online, and they picked me up from my hotel lobby, which was great! When you get there, they provide you with a rash vest. The instructor was too cool! He was actually amazing, advised you each time and he was just really fun. It was a good couple of hours long. After you finish, you get to shower and they provide you with mineral water, a towel and a hair dryer (thank god!)

I had 2 lessons in total, which was just enough. One day to learn, and the second day to actually stand up properly and get good!

One of the best things I've done in South East Asia, after living here for neary a year. Will defo be going back to Kuta and doing it again!!!!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

it's really fun!! My friend and I really enjoy the time we spent here! because of ODYSSEYS' professional instructor I DEEPLY FELT IN LOVE WITH SURFING!! JUST COST 35USD/PERSON CAN HAVE 2.5HOURS LESSON. THE SCHOOL located right on Kuta Beach . our instructor SU IS VERY professional AND patient to us! highly recommended to you guys!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I went to Bali to learn surfing on a random whim, and because of these guys, I am now hopelessly addicted!

First of all, booking with the school is real easy; you get prompt replies and the communication is always good. I lost count of the number of lessons I've had with them, but all were enjoyable, be it private or with a group (which I find the instructors are able to handle as well).

I find it particularly impressive that they have their own lifeguards and first-aid team, and once when I suffered a small cut, I was very quickly tended to. I'm not sure why this one other reviewer wasn't happy with her photographs, I find it pretty amazing that the photographer seems to be able to capture all my good and short-lived moments on the surfboard despite having so many other students to look out for!

In short, everything about the school is excellent, from the management and instructors to the equipments and facilities. The people there are so warm, the vibe is very good and you can see much camaraderie amongst the staff. Their rates are very value-for-money, considering all that they offer in the package. I have been to a couple of other surf schools before, including one at Bondi Beach in Sydney, and another one which is a major brand name, down at Legian area and in all aspects, they both didn't even begin to compare. For first-time surfers, I think it's important to get started with the right school, otherwise you might be permanently put off. You just can't go wrong with Odysseys I think..I've already had a number of lessons and I'm always trying to think up an excuse to go back!

1  Thank Viviaaan
Reviewed March 11, 2013

booked a semi-private lesson for my partner's birthday. it was great fun and our instructor was patient and very friendly. we bought cd with pictures(around 100 photos) at the end of the lesson, good quality and amazing memories :)