“Horrible!!!”

and up
Beginner Surfing Lesson at Kuta Beach
Ranked #4 of 151 Outdoor Activities in Kuta
More attraction details
Owner description: Odysseys Surf School announced that it has received a TripAdvisor(R) Certificate of Excellence award. The accolade, which honors hospitality excellence, is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor, and is extended to qualifying businesses worldwide. We'd like to thank all of our past guests who took the time to complete a review for Odysseys surf school. ABOUT ODYSSEYS SURF SCHOOL Odysseys Surf School is a surfing school with a reputation for it's open, fun and friendly atmosphere. Established in 2003 and sponsored by Oakley and supported by the Academy of Surfing Instructors Australia, Hard Rock Cafe, Surftime-Surf Mag , Surfer Girl we have the know how, skill, experience and resources to make our surf school an exciting place for its students to learn how to surf in Bali.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Horrible!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had an 8:30am booking with them, called them to follow up around that time and they told us they're just running late. 10am we called again and told us the waves are no longer good for surfing anymore and if we want to move it in the afternoon instead!!! And they even had the nerve to ask us why we're calling just then! We have a schedule and they completely ruined it.

8 Thank dlo17
OdysseysSurfSchool, Manager at Odysseys Surf School, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Madam,

Warmest greetings from Odysseys Surf School...
Thank you for your review in this forum.
We always appreciate in receiving any positive feedbacks from our customers,
It is our priority to deliver the best service for all the customers.

After conducting inspections with our staff based on your information that we received,
We apologize for your unpleasant experience that you had experienced.

We need to clarify also, we had sent a complimentary surfing to your hotel on the same time and same date.
And you had used the vouchers on the day after, and we were sure it could changed your mind about our service.

We wish we still get in touch in the future and look forwards to changing your feedback in this forum after your lesson experience with us before.
Again, thank you for your feedback.
If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Odysseys Surf School

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great day !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a great experience since it was our first time on the board. Spent over 2 hours with the introductory lesson. Boards seemed to be of good quality and each instructor had about 2-3 students. After a bit of practice on land we were out to catch our first wave. It's worth a try if you like to explore new sports. We even got a CD with photographs which were captured without our notice... and that's when you get some real cool pics. Enjoyed !!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Rokhshad
ExPat in Papua Indonesia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent experience for an experienced action sports coach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I know customer service, safety, fun, and learning from my years as a ski instructor. The instructors I interacted with (especially Leo) were professional, fun, and provided timely feedback. I signed up for three days of private lessons and suggest others do the same. Private lessons are unmatched when it comes to really learning the subject matter and getting consistent corrections/feedback from the instructor.

I definitely progressed from nothing, to capable of grabbing a board and heading out for a good time alone.

All the other services were as expected in Bali, prompt, clean, and polite transport services. Cold water on arrival and throughout the day. Clean showers, clean rental gear. The shop has decently priced merchandise.

The photography service is fantastic and relatively cheap for what you get. I got nearly 100 photos per day taken of me. I only purchased photos from two of my three days, and the shop accidentally burned the wrong day onto a CD. I didn't realize it until I got home that they threw the mistake CD in for free so I got all three days for the price of two.

Cannot recommend this place enough. Some of the other outfits in the water with us appeared to be total junk shows with so many students per instructor that meaningful feedback would be extremely difficult if not impossible. Again, pay the extra money for a private or semi private lesson. It's worth the cost difference.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank DeepUnderground
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome beginner surf lesson experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

My girlfriend and I had a fantastic surf lesson here. I had tried to surf on my own a few times before and after Leo (our instructor) giving us the basics then some adjustments as we went, I was able to stand up in no time. My girlfriend had a bit more difficulty, but by the end, she could paddle onto a wave on her own and stand up.

They supply you with a rash vest, boardies if you need them, water to drink while you surf and/or wait and showers and towels for after your lesson.

Great value and service!

Visited August 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best surf school in Kuta :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

The lessons are really useful, with these instructors you learn very quick.
Everyone is attentive, which is also helpful!
Moreover, there are lots of discounts and special offers:)

1 Thank Alexandra2404