“Could be better”

100 Sunset Boutique Hotel
Ranked #161 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed 24-26 Feb with my gf. Booked via agoda. Service is good and always with a smile. Not in Kuta but it is just a short car ride away. Nothing much around the vicinity but it is convenient with a supermarket under 10mins walk and famous local restaurant just across the road (but getting across the road is a different issue!).

Room was ok except for 2 issues. 1) the blackout curtain was falling apart and the pulley was kinda stuck. Took alot of pulling and tugging to draw them close.

Ants - ON THE BED. We highlighted this to the staff on the way out to dinner so they could change the sheets. Not sure if they did but the ants weren't there when we got back. Unfortunately they re-appeared later. Wasn't a big problem but they do tend to bite although the bites don't cause any pain.

Didn't sign up for the breakfast package so we didn't dine-in at all.

Pool was alright. no one used it for the 3 nights we were there - so we practically had it to ourselves.

I really think this could be made into a better hotel with some improvements.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
100SunsetManager, Manajer Umum at 100 Sunset Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Mr. Alexius,

First of All we would like to thank you for stayed at the 100 sunset hotel managed by aston and thank you also for recommending this hotel in Trip Advisor.

I personally would like to apologies for some inconvinience happend while you stayed with us, I really do pay attention of the two things happend to you and I would be more extra attention for next time.

I wish that we could meet you in some other time here at our hotel.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights. Staff were so friendly . Especially Mr.Soma he guided with places to visit and made a send off till we return to airport.Quite affordable with free and yummy breakfast. Swimming pool must need a upgrade, above all good place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank vindiya
Sunset T, Manajer Umum at 100 Sunset Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Miss. Vindiya,

It been an honors to have your commented from The Trip Advisor, I would be happy to deliver this message to Soma and other staff.

Thank you for recommending our hotel as still a best choice to stay.

We will see you next time

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Rooms were falling apart. Toilet clogged, twice. Sink clogged, three times. Food is very basic and infested with flies, when staff were notified about the flies they simply didn't say anything but tried to hush the flies away.. Hair was also found in the food. Room service food was cold, disgusting and we had to think twice before eating it.. When traveling home one night from kuta, a taxi driver started to abuse and grab my friend and attempted to pull her back into the cab. Staff rushed outside, but continued to let the abuse take place.. And did nothing to prevent it, staff security were also present but allowed the 40-something year old male grab, pull and abuse a young 20 year old female.. Not right. Will not be staying here again, nor recommend this hotel to anyone else.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Melinda95
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stay in 100 Sunset Boutique for 3 Nights. All the staffs nice and very helpful to guests. 100 Sunset Boutique has the perfect location, not too crowded like in Legian, but quite close if you want to Kuta/Legian area. Breakfast was Ok. They have the perfect pillow! which i loooveeee so much. It is a very pleasant stay in 100 Sunset Boutique

Room Tip: I stay in room 513. Choose higher floor with a pool view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sunset T, Manajer Umum at 100 Sunset Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Mrs. Rayhana,

Greeting Froim 100 Sunset Hotel Managed By Aston,

We would like to thank you for interested to stay in our hotel, it is been honor to received your compliment as your testimonial.

Hopefully we will see you again soon here in Bali offcourse at 100 Sunset Hotel.

Agus Sunaryo & All Team

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed again at 100 Sunset 13-18 November 2013 for six nights with family,
We were personally greeted by senior management Agus and Miss Ari and polite, efficient, friendly staff, who quietly engage in their duties to ensure guests are happy and comfortable.
It was lovely to see there is now two dining area options , spacious, new, modern formal air conditioned dining room and the casual pool side alfresco.
Family room in which we stayed , is like home away from home so spacious with two well appointed bedrooms . and the most luxurious beds and linen. We celebrated 2 birthdays during our stay which did not go un noticed by management we were treated to lovely surprise birthday cakes. Thank you very much Management for the kind touches you add to your guests staying in your hotel.... We look forward to staying with you again !!!!

Room Tip: Suggestion: We leave it up to the room co- ordinator to situate us in a room which suits our needs...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
100SunsetManager, General Manager at 100 Sunset Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Mrs. Sindeeinperth,

Greeting from 100 Sunset Hotel By Aston

How are you there? hopefully you and your lovely family are fine.

I on behalf of staff & management 100 sunset hotel by Aston would like to thank you for another visit and stay here last month.

It is been honor also to receive your COMPLIMENT from you and your family, hopefully we could meet again here next time.

Kindly please send our regard's to your family there.

Cheers

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I actually thought I had booked at the Sunset 2 and was not happy to be told I was in this one. It was explained they don't have family rooms at the new one and it was too late to start looking round for another hotel with my wife and two children so I just went with it.

Reception and the restaurant area are shocking, I would hope they are mid renovation but it is still clean just not welcoming.
Check in was pretty good and the room which is opposite the pool is a little tired but still clean.
The beds are fantastic with spotless bedding. The family room is a bit long and narrow and the cupboards are showing their age.
The pool is well maintained and we had a great couple of hours in it.
Buffet breakfast ( included in. The price) was actually pretty good, it strikes me as being a more Asian oriented establishment so there is rice and soup available for breakfast.
The staff have been spot on, very helpful and friendly. Room service was also ok.
I wouldn't come here for a week but if you need somewhere for a couple of days and you don't come to bali expecting to eat vegemite or have hp sauce and Heinz beans then this place is fine.

Stayed: January 2014
100SunsetManager, Manajer Umum at 100 Sunset Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Mr/Mrs REDCAN,

Greeting from 100 Sunset Hotel By Aston,

How are you? hopefully this message could find you well.

I would like to thank you for visit and stay at the our hotel last week, and I really understand of your uncomfort situation at time while you were stay at the 100 sunset boutique hotel

Well, it is true that we have just finish doing renovation at the front area, we placed a new restaurant instead of meeting room, I do really apologies if the restaurant does not meet your expectation.

I do undertsand you were disapointed of some food condiment that suppose to be served at time, but I am promise to provide for you on your next visit and stay with us again.

Kindly please received our deeply apologies and thank you very much for still recommending us.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Rooms are ok,towels were extremely old and not clean,breakfast was very ordinaryroom service was very good,overall ok experiance,may prefar something different next time,no big eating place close bye,there were flies on the food

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shahzad Z

Dear Mr. Shahzad Z,

Greeting from 100 Sunset Hotel By Aston.

Thank you for giving us a several comment

I do understand of your disapointed while you were staying at the our hotel,first of all I am on behalf of management 100 sunset By Aston deeply aplogies to you especially for the condition of the our towel equipment seem already old and looked was not clean with actually your towel is clean, I wish you were complain at time offcourse I would be happy to change straight away.

The flies is sometime came during the rain season, the seasonal insect that came unexpected, we are really sorry for what hapened.

Well ,actually we are surrounding by the restaurant, such opposite to our hotel there is a traditional restaurant and food court at the mall area just a few block from us, you could ask our staff to drive you there.

The last but not least I would like to thank you for visit us and hopefully we could meet some other time here at 100 sunset hotel kuta Bali.

Agus Sunaryo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
100 Sunset Hotel Managed by Eagle Eyes
#72 of 253 in Kuta
The Niche Bali
The Niche Bali
#104 of 253 in Kuta

Been to 100 Sunset Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!