Sandat Hotel Legian
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I don't know why my review is the only terrible one on here, but I was put into a dungeon. Holes in the walls no windows no aircon no fan. No sheets on bed no pillow. Paid for two single beds in one room, got one single bed and was told I had to pay extra to get another single mattress so slept on the floor. No towels no hot water no flushing toilet. Buffet breakfast was said to be included in what I paid, this consisted of a tiny plain omelette and weak cordial made with tap water. I did not pay a lot for this hotel, but have stayed in other hotels in Bali that are sooooooooo much better for the same price. In between two noisy night clubs so did not get much sleep. Location was good as its right in the thick of it, and I saw there were nice rooms available, I just got the cheapest one they had which was a huge mistake. If you and a cheap room try somewhere else, if you don't mind paying more maybe the more expensive rooms are better. Gave the service a 1 due to the trouble I had checking in, got told I wasn't even booked in and they had no room for me, had to ring my booking agent to get in touch with them and sort it out, I was in fact booked in all along.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I booked here for 2 weeks and was quite impressed by the pictures on the net. When I arrived they took my friend and I to a room which definitely did not look like the one in the picture. There was no safe or fridge. I went up to the reception desk and informed them that I booked a Deluxe room. They apologised and moved me to a room exactly the same, except it had a fridge.

I went up to reception and complained that the room was not at all what I had seen on the internet. They informed me that the ones on the website were the NEW deluxe rooms, and I was in the old ones. I complained as there was a major difference between the rooms. They eventually moved me into the new block which I was quite happy with. The staff apologised and were very kind. At the end of the day it's not their fault.

I liked the room and it was quite cosy, however due to the location you can hear the bass from the clubs. This didn't bother me at all but families who are there to relax might find it a bit uncomfortable. They didn't make up the rooms at all while we were there, but we didn't ask them to so maybe if you ask they would. There are big boxes at the bottom of the stairs with clean sheets and towels so you can make up your own room anyway.

Cleanliness is a big thing for me when travelling and I felt quite comfortable at Sandat Inn. I think the worst thing we experienced was a few tiny ants in the bathroom.

The pool area is nice and the Wi-Fi works in the lobby and around the pool, just not in the rooms but that was fine. Overall I was quite happy with the hotel and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you book deluxe make sure you request a room in the new block
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marina_Claire92
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed here alone the first night, then my friend arrived the next day and we stayed 3 more nights. The first night I got a Delux twin room in the older building towards the back. The room was very big, clean and cool but it was upstairs and had no balcony (for smoking!) so the staff offered to let me move to another room the next day before my friend arrived.
The next room was in the newer building. It had a balcony (but no furniture on it, so you had to sit on the floor), was large, clean and comfortable.
For the price this hotel is excellent value. The pool is lovely and I had it all to myself the first day. Lovely soft pillows (something you come to appreciate travelling in Asia), clean, nice bathroom, friendly staff.
It's in a great location for going out at night and surprisingly it's very quiet and peaceful despite the location.
A couple of minor things: no furniture on the balcony, nowhere to hang up clothes in the room. The first room had no bedside table between the beds so you had to put your stuff on the floor at night.
Highly recommended if you want to spend a few days in the thick of it in Kuta.

Room Tip: If you're getting a 'delux room' go for one in the newer tall building behind the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rhonarhona
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Sandat was good value for the money. We had a superior room which was clean, big and had efficient aircon. The bathroom was quite old and only cold water was available. The patio and the pool was beautiful! The hotel was located just off one of the main streets of Kuta, near all the restaurants and the beach was a 10 min walk away. The staff was very nice and helpful! The breakfast that was included was pretty basic, but good enough. Would definitely recommend people to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Erika D
Reviewed June 30, 2013

we stood in sandat hotel legian in the beginning of traveling bali as a backpacker. the rooms are big, very clean, you have free WiFi (sometimes hard to access, depends on the room). the hotel-service was good, we had no problems at all. on another stay we were upgraded, because of electricity-problems. i recommend that hotel very highly, although it's close to the center you can enjoy relaxed evenings without party, because the rooms are located more in the back and not directly at Jalan Legian.

• Stayed: June 2013