We travel to Bali several times a year but this was our first time staying in Kuta. The history of the bombings and the concern of drugs etc always put me off it, but after staying in Kuta, I would stay their again without any concerns. It is all about where you go and stay and the Seaview is in-between Poppies 1 and 2, placing it in a great, central spot.
We travelled with a good friend of ours this time and he recommended the Kuta Seaview as he stays there often. We each stayed in a cottage (their best room) and I must say, it was a very small bedsit room. We normally stay in villa's so this was a shock to us. We had an extra bed in the room for our 4yo and we were crabbing around the room as a result. There was little to no space left as a result. What I will say is the master bed itself - wow - that is the best bed I have ever slept in while staying in Bali. Normally I have to get massages everyday as my back is hurting, but I didn't need too! It was like sleeping on a cloud!
I was really disappointed with my experience at the Spa. We went to have our free massage and the lady said it was for a foot massage. I was like, that's fine. I was sooo disappointed. All she did was rub my foot and it wasn't a massage. I did not go to the spa any other time as a result.
The free breakfasts were good. You had to pay for coffees but they were amazing, so I was not concerned with the $5 price tag after I first tried it.
I did have a rather amusing conversation with the lovely bartender by the pool when I went there for my morning coffee. I asked for a Skinny latte with one equal. He frowned picked up the menu and was like, "Regular latte?", I replied, "No, Skinny latte?" He frowned again and was like, "regular latte?" Lol, this went on for a while much to the amusement of my husband and his friend. Our friends girlfriend is Balinese and I looked to her for help and she then spoke to the bartender in Balinese and after a while she shrugged and said, "regular latte". Everyone standing around thought it was hilarious, and now looking back, so do I.
The hotel is right across from the beach and as you would expect, the old ladies trying to get you to have manicures and massages are in abundance, but after a few no's, they leave you alone.
The pool attendants were sooo nice. They looked after our nannie and my son wonderfully.
The surprising thing about this resort is how quite it is. It is right in the hassle and bustle of KUta, yet at night we were not bothered by noise at all. We felt safe and secluded. It was very nice.
We had room service one night, and I'll admit I wasn't a fan. The desserts were also lacking. There is a lot of choice around, so you will not go hungry.
Will I recommend this hotel to others? Yes. It is not ideal for a family, but is perfect for couples.
Will I stay here again? Yes. But I think it will be more likely a hotel we stay at when we do not bring our son. The rooms were simply too small.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KUTA SEAVIEW Boutique Resort & Spa Bali is strategically located on beach front of the long golden sand of Kuta beach, well known for its surfing and for its magnificent sunsets, provides everlasting bliss for those craving for the perfect holiday under the sun. The resort is set amongst tropical gardens with 91 comfortable guest rooms of your choice from deluxe room as the lowest room category to new Royal Ocean Suite the highest ones which located on 4th floor ( opens 2018 ) , beautiful traditional Balinese cottages are also available situated on the ground floor with very high in demand , all rooms and cottages are furnished in contemporary Balinese architecture and equipped with international standard room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort And Spa
- Kuta Seaview Boutique Hotel Kuta
- Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa Bali