“Was a great stay”

Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa
Ranked #13 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed July 8, 2011

While i swould not rate the hotel as very good or excellent, its a great place for the money - we booked a deluxe sea view room, and it was absolutely fine. Had a lovely balcony, was while its definite;ly not fiuve star, its clean and is a charming hotel. Altho pls note, the deluxe seaview room is hardly sea facing since the hotel's across the street and there are trees blocking the view. But its a birhgt room and is in a great location. There's hard rock hotel just bext door, and there are plenty of places to eat, shop and party, all walking distance. The beach is across the road. And its a very short walk to Legian street - a absolutely crazy party street, for all you guys who like to drink, like the buzz and music, and it partying goes on till late into the night. The hotels location is superb. Check in was fine, the staff was very hospitable. We had to wait a bit since the deluxe seaview room wasnt ready, they did offer us the suite, but i prefered the seaview one, since its far brighter, with natural loght coming in. There's no elevator and hence you have to walk up 2 floors, but thats really not a hassle. The hotel retaurant (vino rosso) is quite nice but steeply priced. I would not recommend eating there. there are lots of places cloeby that are great and better priced. Breakfast is more than sufficent. Its not a very wide spread but is good enough for staying a few days and still not getting bored. one of the best things of this hotel is th location. Its on a great part of the Kuta stretch. I would recommend it to people who have a medium level budget, want a decent / nice place (altho not 5 start) and want to be in the thick of the action, with life around till late. There are shiops, restaurfants bars etc // There's a fairly big massage parlor just next to the hotel as well. The hotchjes are : airconditioning was not very effective. It took very long to cool down. and since the days are quite hot and humid in Bali, i would recomment keeping the aircon on when you leave the room so its n ice and cool when u come back, else it can get quite intolarable when you get back. That apart we really did not face any problems. My husband and i stayed there for 4 days, before we moved to a villa in seminyak.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelfreak2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,524)

Reviewed July 4, 2011

Great stay right from the start.
Lovely driver picked us up at the airport in a very comfortable air-conditioned car. Efficient check-in, we were served a lovely drink as soon as we got there. The only thing that bothered me slightly was that we were told there was no additional bed for our 9yo son. Not to worry, it was a lovely kingsize bed and the sheets felt so soft and luxurious, plenty of room for the three of us!
We stayed in a Deluxe Seaview Room on the third floor, however there wasnt really much of a seaview, obscured by the beach wall and trees. It didnt matter, we enjoyed relaxing on our comfortable balcony lounge.
Nice room, with robes and slippers. Even had hats and a shopping bag. Lots of toiletries in the bathroom. Large television. Cleaned beautifully each day. The cleaner would even drop by in the late afternoon to make sure everything was to our satsifaction. One day my husband inadvertently left our safe door open when we had gone out for the day. The cleaner reported it to the Manager and he locked it. He came to our room on our return to make sure all of the safe contents were still there - we didnt expect such honesty and service!
I even enjoyed the walk up the stairs to the third floor. I am glad there is no lift, a good way to burn off all that breakfast!
If I am going to get really picky, which I guess is what this site is for - I suppose I would say the room was slightly small, could have done with a bit more lighting, the shower leaked everywhere over the floor and I dont like the toilet roll holder positioned where you have to reach behind.
In summary: -
Good room.
Fantastic breakfast buffet, great food and drinks service around the pool.
Lovely pool and lounges.
The gardens are lush and so beautifully kept.
Great massage in the spa.
All of the staff, including security, are very friendly and efficient.
Great location.
We even loved the piped music.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TaniW
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We picked this hotel to stay for a night(only a short stopover in Kuta before heading over to Ubud at a better hotel) based on my brother-in-law who stayed at Mercure Kuta and pointed out that there was a better hotel next to it at around the same price. We checked in quite late (around 9pm after watching sunset at Uluwatu followed by a seaside dinner at Jimbaran- fresh but pricey INMO and the lobsters came with no pincers/claw-the meatiest part which I felt was a ripoff) and we were advised to pay the bill since we're checking out the next day. Luckily I took a closer look at the bill and crosschecked it against my own email printout of the reservation- they quoted us a higher price. However, they agreed to check this matter out and sure enough, they gave me the agreed rate the next day when we checked out (so one point to watch out)! Honest mistake but one that could cost me at least $100 more if I hadn't seen it closely (given the late night and we arrived in quite a tired state). As for seaview, I think this is another bad impression the hotel gave. I was staying on the 3rd floor and I could only see the sea if I stood on my toes and looked beyond the trees and rooftops of many resorts/buildings in front of me- a very small view of the horizon. However, the beach was just situated across the road so it's still considered close to the beach if that's what you're looking for. The showers were bad- the water came out either too hot or too cold- you can't regulate it properly. My parents-in-law who stayed on the same floor a few rooms away complained that their showerhead's stuck with only a few functioning holes and the water temperature was irregular as well lead me to believe it would be a common problem for other people on our floor. Anyhow, we only stayed one night so I didn't bother to do anything about it. There was nowhere to hang clothes in the bathroom too unless you put them on the towel hanger just next to the showerhead and risk wetting your clothes. The aircond kept going on and off throughout the night and the aircond remained off when we came back after a morning walk with the keycard in its power slot. So, it became a little hot. I experienced a power cut at around 7am while preparing to go out for around 10 mins where as my parents-in-law didn't get that. It was quite weird. Also, I doubt they have king beds here, they just join 2 beds together. Mine looked like a king as they used a kingsized bedsheet to cover both joined beds so you can't really tell but my parents-in-law's beds were just 2 made beds pushed together. I've attached a picture on this. Apart from that, all else is alright in the jaded/tired-looking room- clean, has a working safe, 2 bottles of water provided but I found it a bit sneaky that the complimentary water bottles were smaller than the chargeable water in bigger bottles found in the fridge! One lovely point was they prepared a lovely cake for my husband's birthday which was the day of checkout (the next day). Breakfast had a reasonable spread, the pool looks great and everything else was alright. Nothing much to shout about given the rate we've paid for it as I'd think other hotels with the same price could be the same or better without all the weird experiences I'd gone through here. Oh yes, you'd need to pay for wifi here (and I thought it was free! Had I realized I was wrong, I'd checked in to Mercure next door which should provide that.)

Room Tip: 3rd floor doesn't give you much of a seaview.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

just returned from a week here at Kuta Seaview, and have to say we enjoyed everything from the moment we walked in. the location suited us nicely, being opposite the beach, near poppies2 lane, and walking distance to places like kuta square , pubs and clubs etc.... Our room was 116 just down from the pool and was a nice size with cold air con and a unbeliveable comfy bed.
We had snax by the pool of an afternoon with drinks most days, and it was all really good. we also enjoyed the pool as it was at the front of the hotel with good views.
So would be happy to recommend this hotel... Service was good , location was good, and price wise was fair....

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank THE_SHEV
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Wow what a hotel! We moved here after 5 nights at the Mercure Kuta and we were very impressed! Everything from the room to the beds to the pool to the food was exceptional! No problems what so ever!!
The staff were wonderful - greeting us each morning with a smile. The security was great as well - I felt very safe staying here.
Location was perfect - directly across from the beach, close to poppies lane 1 & 2, amazing places to eat and drink nearby...this place has it all!!!
The highlight of this hotel for me was the pool set up - a large but simple pool with amazing sun lounges - I spent so many lazy afternoons here sipping the glorious cocktails!
The only downfall was being on the top floor with no elevator - a very minor detail but after a day of shopping and walking everywhere the last thing I wanted to do was walk up stairs!!
Already started planning my next trip staying at the Kuta Seaview!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kim N
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I used this site to book my trip to bali, and checked the reviews everyday. So i better write one too.

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for 1 week from the 26th May 11. From the moment we arrived it was amazing! On our first night we got upgraded to there villas for one night and were treated to a free meal in there delish italian restraunt! Our room for the rest of our stay was fab. Giant comfy bed and a lovely relaxing balocny wit sofa. It was very clean and lovely decor. You also get bath robes, flipflops, beach hat and bag, which is a lovely touch.

The pool was like paradise, with cumfy loungers surroundes by trees and crystal blue water. There is a place at the pool to get beauty treatments. You can have lunch and coctails by the pool, yum! They place music all day, from pop to bands to ballads. The hotel is directly across from the beach so you can pop over there.

We found the location perfect, right beside the beach so you can go surfing or swimming( but word of warning, the women attack you to buy jewlery and it gets abit anoying) Its right beside mc donals, and if you turn to the left poppys lane is 1 minute away! This lane is full of stalls and shops, bargin bargin bargin :-) this lane also leads you to the main strip of all the bars an pubs!

The restraunt food is amazing, we ate here many nights! They have a huge italian menu, with so much to choose from! The breakfast buffet was lovely wit an egg bar and any brekkie food you can tink of. Plus yummie pancakes and cakes. There also was noodle, currys and dat but it was abit early for that for me!

I have done lots of traveling and i must say the people here are the friendlest people ive ever met! They are so polite and friendly and happy to help any way. They sit and chat and it realy made my stay enjoyable.

Oh i must not forget the hotel spa, AMAZING.. I got a full package of massage, facial, aroma bath, mani n pedi. Im a beauty therapisy myself and i must say they were great. Sooo relaxing.

For all our trips and getting aroumd Bali, We used a recommended driver (Wayan: wsucipta_99@yahoo.com) He was recommended by my family as they use him everytime they go. He was so friendly and brought us to so many places we would have never seen otherwise. If you email him, he will collect you from the airport and you can organise all you trips with him.

Be carefull at night on the street at the clubs, keep your wallet in you front pocket and girls dont bring a bag out! There are some dodgy people who, if they see your drunk, will swarm you in a group of abou 5 and rob you. This happened to my friend on the 1st night so we where wide to it the rest of the time. This is the only negative thing i have to say about bali.

Here are some places id recommend you to go!
Waterbom water park, lots of fun! Try the climax slide. The floor drops, scary ha.
Stadium bar in the ramanya hotel( this is a sister hotel to d seaview) the grub is yum, real american diner style. Huge portions, great food!
Descovery shopping center, there is marks an spancers, topshop and dorety perkins........ also the stuff here is at least 40% cheaper then shops in australia. They have all your shops from nike to guess!
Get a surf lesson on kuta beach, any of the men renting the boards will give you lessons for cheap. "no stand, no pay motto"

All in all we had an amazing time in bali and in the kuta seaview. We will defo be back next year and look forward to staying there again! I hope this review has helped all you people like me that uses this site. :-)

• Stayed: July 2010
4  Thank Farrellterrie
Reviewed June 2, 2011

On arrival we are told that the people staying in our room have decided to extend a night so we would have to be downgraded for the night and moved to our room after check out/cleaning of the room at 2pm...
Total mystified as to why we had to be mucked around for somebody else's indecision being that we booked 6 months prior....
They offered us free dinner and when we were not impressed free massages and the when we where still not impressed the remainder 3 nights we were to be upgraded to a SUITE - their best room however we still had to spend a night in the bottom room...
To be honest I couldn't care what they offered I just wanted the room I booked without having to pack up and move within a 4 night stay but we accept the above terms!
They didn't disclose when we booked that they are in fact under going maintenance/rebuilding..
Further the free dinner turned put to be a set menu where we had 2 choices of appertiser, 2 choices or mains (no sides) and ice cream for desert we would have preferred heading out and didn't only as we had travelled all day :-/
The bottom room was tolerable however being woken at 4am and
then 6am by a local rooster not so fun! So 8am we are told to go to foyer and our suite will be ready as the person in the suite is checking out at 6am.. So at 8am in foyer all our luggage and of course room not ready they send us to breakfast (very disappointing!! Highlight was they had vegimite) 9:30am still not ready..
The suite was not impressive at all! Dark and tired!
On our last evening we are given a note to say that due to a private booking the pool was unavailable from 2pm til close the next day... They only have 1 pool! I was so glad we where checking out! Looks way better online than in real life! Would not return or recommend much better resorts for similar money around!!

• Stayed: May 2011