We stayed at the Harris Residence Riverview in Bali for 2 weeks. We took a double bedroom suite to accommodate our 13 year old son.
On arriving at the hotel we were welcomed by an orange juice drink and some very cheerful staff and a very orange environment. Whilst the orange is kind of fun and refreshing one thing I did miss was the more traditional Balinese decorative features I have experienced at other hotels.
In the hotel foyer is a small juice bar which does serve alcohol as well. There is also a gift shop where you can purchase many Harris memorabilia which is all mainly orange.
We didn’t have breakfast included but we did occasionally have breakfast in the hotel. The egg station was great with a choice of omelette or fried eggs. There is also a pancake and waffle station. The menu for breakfast however was limited and there was no bacon!!
The spa was very nice even though a little expensive. Whilst I will not compare it to the massage shops to be found down Jl Legian which can be had for much less, I will compare it to other in hotel spa services. For a 3 star hotel the prices I felt were reasonable considering one doesn’t have to walk far. If you are budget minded though about 100meters down the road there is another hotel (I think only 1 or 2 star) which does have a spa service at 1/3 of the price at Harris.
The room itself was very spacious and had a large fridge with freezer which was useful to store the bottled water purchased from the Q-Mart next door. On entering the room though one can tell instantly that the photos used in the advertising for the hotel must have been taken when it was brand new as our room looked very aged. There were visible patches on the wall were paint had been touched up. The door to the balcony required a “magic touch” to get it to close properly. The wet areas all needed attention with a lot of grout visibly moldy, missing or peeling away. The living and kitchen areas are tiled but the bedrooms have Formica wooden floor paneling, which in the master bedroom was loose in places.
We called to complain about a leak coming from one of the toilets. It took two days till someone from engineering came. They came while we were out but said they had fixed it. The next day the toilet was still leaking, but we decided not to bother complaining again.
Wi-Fi signal was sufficient for web browsing and checking email, out son did get quite frustrated at it not being quick enough to watch any YouTube videos.
Rooms were cleaned very well. The two boys who cleaned our room typically took 30-40 minutes each time, scrubbing toilets, making beds, sweeping and mopping floors.
Many reviewers have complained about the distance from central Kuta. I found it was at most a 15 minute walk to get to Matahari/Kuta Beach Markets.
* Lots of pools. 3 for adults, 1 for children
* Friendly staff
* Spacious rooms and living area
* Good selection of TV channels for western viewers
* Good air-conditioning
* Large fridge with freezer compartment
* Limited menu at the Harris Café
* English comprehension of most staff is minimal. Every time we ordered room service we requested a salt shaker
Rooms are in need of some maintenance.
* Loose grout in the wet areas
* Visible paint patch ups on wall
* Leaking toilet
* Smell coming from the ‘kitchen’ sink after use
* Balcony of little use as it is small and had two air conditioner compressor units blowing hot air
In the end we chose Harris Riverview not for its location but for its price. As a family our choice was either a 2bedroom suite at Harris (or similar) or two rooms at most other hotels. It met our expectation for the most part and provided us with an enjoyable stay in Bali. Would we stay there again. Yes we would :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 15 minutes drive from Ngurah Rai international airport and the famous Kuta beach. HARRIS hotel and residences Riverview has 184 units of HARRIS Rooms and Residences 1 and 2 bedrooms. A Simple, Unique, Friendly hotel that has 4 swimming pools, HARRIS Cafe, HARRISsimo Italian cuisine, Dino Kid's Club, H-Spa & Reflexology, and meeting venues for any occasion, free wifi connection in all hotel premises, internet corner, and free e-newspaper. HARRIS Riverview is a one stop destination for your business and leisure purpose:-) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Hotel And Residences Riverview Kuta
- Harris Hotel Denpasar
- HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta Bali