“Great spot and value for money”

Kuta Townhouse Apartments
Ranked #6 of 208 Specialty Lodging in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Great spot and value for money”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Had an excellent stay at the Kuta Townhouses - we stayed in a 2 bedroom executive apartment which at about AU$110 a night was excellent value. I would recommend the 2 for 1 Vodka slushies between 4 and 6 - and the KTH Steak Sandwich. The only downside of the apartments is the location for Taxi's who don't always want to drop you at the door. I would recommend this to families traveling to Bali who want value for money.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LADI070

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2011

We recently stayed 3 nights here in a studio apartment and it was quite clear to us that we had selected the wrong room. The studio apartment was near the road and all day and all night we heard to toot, toot of cars and scooters. I do not want to 'knock' the hotel but we did pay a budget price thinking that it would be ok. If I had my choice again with this hotel I would stay in a inner apartment which apparently has a kitchen etc. away from the noise. These other apartments over look the pool. Breakfast was ok. But, because we had not paid much for it decided to eat out most of the time. Cleaning of the room was a little eractic and the staff at the desk referred us to the excursion desk when I wanted a car to central Kuta, which they would not provide so I got a local taxi for about $2.00 AUD so that was what I did most days when I wanted to go to Central Kuta. The Steak House resturant across the road was worth while cheap and great food. The girls at the beauty palour opposite was the best thing about the hotel. Pick up from the airport was reliable. So my tip would be good for families on a budget in a kitchen type apartment. Kuta shopping at the Matahari department store.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 2, 2011

It was my 1st time to stayed in KTH. I booked this apartment since early September 2010 for stay on 30 December 2010 to 1 January 2011 (2 days). Due to room availability (full booked for new year), 1st day we stayed in a Standard Apartment and the next day we stayed in a Studio Unit. My 1st impression was this apartment is really great, really good value for my rupiah. I’ve never been stayed in an apartment before or in Poppies Lane when visited Bali (usually I stayed in 3-5 stars hotel for business trip) and all I can say is this accomodation is really recommended. Big room, big tv, hairdryer, etc. The room service was good. Foods that we ordered always come in a big portion. The tour desk officer also the driver was really helpful to take me to Erlangga Souvenir Shop, Ubud, or just sight seeing. The staff was also really nice (even sometimes I noticed that they seemed more friendly to the westerner than to local tourist). Anyway, they provided fireworks in new year eve for new year’s count down since it had been raining and raining and raining. I was staying on the 4th floor so I could see fireworks clearly in the sky from my balcony and really enjoyed it. But fyi, I found that my bed in Standard Apartment (#425) was more comfortable than the one in Studio Unit (#432). Also I feel a bit disappointed about taxi calls as I ordered taxi at 11 am in the reception to take me to the airport at 1 pm but the taxi never come and they weren’t follow up the taxi, so I went out to getl taxi by myself.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank deedenz
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed December 15, 2010

This was also our 2nd stay at KTH & we were a little disappointed. The rooms are tidy & clean but do need a bit of TLC. Great size rooms with good size bathroom with a shower, that does go everywhere, not that we have to clean it though. Fridge is large & fantastic with its ice maker. Staff are excellent & very helpful throughout the hotel. A few things that are on the negative side are 1. Noise from within the complex - all rooms face the pools & with 4 levels surrounding them the noise echo's throughout. That said some people do not have common sense to think of others & rage on throughout the night. We stayed level 2 & anyone above us that walked around made heaps of noise. 2. Pool times start from 10am which is too late. Those that were up late raging keeping us awake should have to put up with those that would like a swim earlier than 10am. 8am would not be unreasonable. 3. A/C cannot be left on when you leave the room. Nothing worse that getting back from a hot walk into an equally hot room. Luckily 4 us we were able to get a spare key & leave it in the power slot to keep the A/C working. 4. Wifi was crap. On the plus side be there between 4 & 6 pm for the 2 for 1 vodka slushies. Have more than 1 I recommend them. Location is great with plenty of great restaurants nearby ie: Un's, Poppies or Tj's to name a few. Breakfast was basic but did the job.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Stayed at the KTH for 2 nights from 26th November 2010. I must say I was extremely happy with our accomodation. Andrew and the Staff are fantastic and made our stay that much more enjoyable. We usually stay at resorts with around 4 - 4 1/2 stars so was not really expecting much...well I was pleasently surprised. The apartment/room (2 bedroom / 2 bathroom) was huge with the lounge room seperating the bedrooms, giving us plenty of space. It was very clean, and great aircon.The pool was cool and clean. Although the breakfast was basic, I found it was all we really needed and any more than that is really just indulging. I was happy with eggs on toast each day with a juice and a coffee. The location is great, close to shops, great laundry's close by, a fantastic massage place in poppies 1 that does fish spa therapy for $30 000 for 30 mins ( much cheaper than anywhere else) . Although some taxi's do not like to drive down the lane to KTH, our driver did it with ease. If they don't want to take you, just get them to drive as far as they can and then you only have to walk about 50 metres anyway. It was within close vacinity to everything really. There was 100% occupancy when we were there, yet all the guests were very considerate of others ie no loud parties late at night ( they must have all gone out!) The staff were fantastic and made the kids feel so important, remembered their names and were genuinely friendly and appeared to enjoy their jobs. I had a little problem with the free wifi and the Guys at the front desk went over and above the call of duty to try to get it up and running for me. they came to the room a few times and I even gave them the laptop to take and they worked on it for a while for me. I wish we had booked longer, the kids did not want to leave there and when we checked into the next place ( a 4 star resort mind you with a kids club- The kids, Master 8 and Miss 5 said "Oh Good on you Mum.. you really picked a dud one this time, lets go back to the Kuta Townhouses!!"). So we definately be going back there and staying longer next time.. This place is just fantastic value..

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank happytravels6
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We stayed in a Studio room which is pretty much just a hotel room, it was clean, spacious, flat screen TV, full size fully stocked fridge, tea & coffee making facilities, balcony that overlooked the pools, freezing air cond, great location with so many shops and restaurants on your doorstep, staff where very friendly and helpful and good english skills, tour desk was most helpful, exchange rate was reasonable, free wifi, great food cafe/restaraunt also a nice sports bar, awesome vodka slushies, room service was great, had a basic but adequate aircond gym, we where next to the road and didnt get too much rd noise, breaky was very basic order off the menu but if you dont mind paying an extra $ or 2 then you can add plenty of extras, overall we loved the place and would highly recommend it, for $60 p/n in Bali these days you cant even stay at a really basic place, Only thing we missed was a swim up pool bar but the new section they are building will have that and staff did walk around the pool area regularly to take drinks or food orders.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth
Reviewed December 1, 2010

This was our second stay at the KTH, and once again we were not dissapointed. These Townhouses are great value for your dollar. The location is right in ther heart of Kuta, situated between popular Poppies 1 & 2. The staff are exceptionly friendly, and always make you feel welcome, nothing is too hard for them. The rooms are very spacious, our room this time round being in stage 1 (Superior) 2 bedroom room, our first stay in 2009 was in stage 2, same style room, both rooms were great, so it doesn't matter whether you are in stage 1 or 2, you wont be disapointed. We believe this place is ideal for couples as well as families, as this was the mix during our stay, and all sem to be enjoying themselves.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family