Kuta Town House Apartments were recommended to me by a friend who stays there regularly, she told me how wonderful the place was so I decided to give it a go.
We were in a Studio Extra Apartment on the 4th (top floor) in stage 3, the new area. Luckily for us they did have an elevator but after you come down for breakfast its almost impossible to get back up to your room because house keeping take over elevator. We stood for ages waiting and gave up and ended up having to climb the stairs which is exhausting when you are on the top floor !!
I cant fault the room itself, it was very clean and the beds were extra comfortable, but the only problem in our room was the shower, the head was blocked up and only fine droplets of water sprayed out, but there was another hand held shower, so we had to use that one.
The rooms are quite noisy and not very sound proof, you could hear every car horn beeping and people yelling from the pool, which was on the ground floor and we also heard fireworks going off almost every night.
The only other problem was the location of the hotel and the fact that 'NO' taxi driver would take you up the small lane where it is situated. Im not one to complain but when you have been walking all day and you are carrying loads of shopping, it is very inconvenient to have every driver shun you and drive off when you ask to be taken to 'Kuta Town House Apartments'.
Having said all that, on a more positive note, the staff are extremely friendly and are eager to help with anything and everything you need, and the breakfast buffet is fantastic, after reading other reviews of this hotel, I didn't expect much in the line of breakfast but I was pleasantly surprised, they had everything that you could ever want for breakfast and more, even including the vegemite. There was fresh fruit, toast, muffins and cakes, custard puffs, fried rice and noodles, eggs in every way imaginable, scrambled, fried, omelette etc, bacon, ham and cheese toasties, pancakes, grilled tomatoes, little frankfurts, fresh milk and juices, like I said, everything anyone could imagine for breakfast and it was yummy !!
The Aussie Brazilian BBQ was to die for, we ate here 2 nights, you have to try this if you stay here, they have all types of meats, garlic bread, potatoes, and salads, such as coleslaw, potato salad, pasta salad, rice salad, beetroot etc, you've just got to try this, its just like having dinner at home.
The only other thing was the extremely 'SLOW' free wi fi connection in our 4th floor apartment, it was like the second coming of Christ and sometimes non existent, I got to log in here and there and then it would drop out, my daughter used to sit on the balcony to get a decent connection.
The main pool was also closed for 2 days while we were there, which was a little inconvenient, but they got it back up and running, it went very cloudy, soupy like, don't know what happened but they had maintenance crew onto it pronto.
I really would stay here again, but this hotel really has to organize the shuttle buggy and make more regular trips to help the guests get out to the main roads.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between Poppies Lane 1 & 2, Kuta Townhouse Apartments is located at the very heart of Kuta. Just 5 to 10 minutes walk to many nearby destinations around which includes Kuta Beach, Beachwalk Mall, Hard Rock Cafe, Matahari Shopping Centre, Kuta Art Market and a walk down Legian Street where an abundance of shops & restaurants to suit your taste Whether by day or by night, Kuta Townhouse Apartments is simply stunning and providing guests with the facilities to match. Plunge pool, Swim up pool bar, 25m Lap pool, Jacuzzi pools, TV with Australian channels and Gymnasium. We have an 8 seater buggy provided for guests and it travels on schedule to various destinations around Kuta & Legian. We have 2 restaurants including the Brazilian Aussie BBQ which is a must try!!!! And the Bali Black Stump Restaurant which serves all Australian Imported steaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Kuta Town House Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuta Town Houses Hotel Kuta
- Kuta Town House Apartments Bali