“No Way, checked out after one night”

Sunset Residence Condotel
Ranked #185 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Colorado
“No Way, checked out after one night”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The place is a 2 star at best property. In the states we call these motel 6. We were to stay 5 nights but checked out after 1, it was not easy to get our money back for 100% of the remainder of the stay. While the people that work the place are nice, taking care of the property, making sure everything is in working order needs to come 1st. The pool is very small and not the cleanest more then 4 people would make it tight, the noise from the market dj at night is crazy, and the bathrooms in the rooms are moldy. The view from the 3rd floor is for the faint of heart, it broke my heart looking out at the village. Also its a far drive from Kuta Beach, need to stay closer if your a tourist.

Room Tip: Trust this review, but if you stay have little to no expectations.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MWATT
Indra P, General Manager at Sunset Residence Condotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear MWATT

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory that you checked out after one night. It appears that we failed to satisfy your cleaness level. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve the issue in the room you occuppied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future.

We had also decided to discontinue the performing DJ as we had similar complains from our guest.

Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience with Sunset Residence Condotel was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.

Regards,
Indra R. Pangestu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Booked 2 3-bedroom apartments for 4 nights. Was given one apartment on the 2nd floor and one on the 3rd floor. The apartment is ok except for some problems:-

1. 3rd floor common toilet shower grip is broken. Even after asking for maintenance, it still broke. Its either they just glued the grip or my family members are Incredible Hulk.

2. Water quality is poor. Felt sticky even after shower.

3. Noise level - Terrible. The rooms are facing the road and 24hrs a day, we can hear the vehicles passing by. To make matters worse, loud music were heard for the 4 nights as wannabe dee jays spinning outside the convenience store till 12am.

4. Wi fi was only available at the lobby.

5. The swimming pool looks dirty.

5. Bad communication - Requested for 2 APV's for airport transfer from hotel to airport. Even after re confirming the night before departure, only one APV turned up. Reason was that they asked a 3rd party company to manage the airport transfer. The driver can even suggest to make 2 trips to the airport. When i requested for a taxi to the airport, the receptionist told me they have a hotel car to send us to the airport. Confused? I was.

Other than these FEW problems, i feel the apartment is ok!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Shamtz

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your honest feedback. It is our aim to offer our guests a entirely satisfactory service at the Sunset Residence Condotel.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you had with the noise level. As we are located at the main road, there will be occasional vehicles noise. However, the noise level usually greatly reduced after 10 pm. In case you decide to stay with us again, we will be able to arrange your room at the back. We had also decided to stop hiring performing DJ at the Wings restaurant at the ground level of the Apartment.

Since your visit we had also improve our facilities. Now you will be able to access high speed wi-fi connection in all of our rooms and public area at low cost.

I am very surprised to discover that you mentioned that our pool looked dirty. We always maintain the pool constantly and make sure that the water is clean. The problem is maybe due to the colour of the colour of the swimming pool stone tiles that is installed. It might give the impression that the pool looked dirty, while the water is actually clean and maintained daily.

It is very sad that we had miscommunication with our 3rd party airport transfer provider, which caused you much confusion. We sat together with our team and discussed the problem, we will make sure that this issue will not happen again. We thank you very much for your helpful and reasonable criticism.

Regards,
Indra R. Pangestu

Travelers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Nice, very clean apartment. Booked a 2 bedroom (with extra bed) for 4 adults + 1 baby for 6 nights. The staffs were very friendly and promptly attended all problems. Very close to Kuta Beach, Legian and Seminyak so if you're planning to spend your holiday mainly in these places then this is a convenient apartment to stay in. Thank you !!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank valenbluestar
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I stayed in the 3 bed room apartment for 5 days and very happy about it. It is spacious, with kitchen, sofa, TV, and DVD player. I travel in group of 10, and we still have plenty of space in the apartment.

Very recommended.

Room Tip: Some rooms has direct access to pool. But privacy is of course less for these rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank sundulgan
Tangerang, Indonesia
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I stayed in Studio room with my wife in Sunset Condotel for 4D3N, 25-28 Oct 2010.The place has mini market next to lobby room open 24 hours. I have a problem with the toilet, It can't flushed, but I talk to the staff and it fixed up when I return to the hotel.

I tried to walk to Legian with my wife and took approximetly 20 minnutes,and 10 minnutes by taxi.

Overall Sunset Condotel is a nice Place, especially for honeymoon beacuse the place is quiet and

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed October 9, 2010

i stayed here with my hubby & 2 friends on the 5th oct till 8th oct... hotel is nice and pleasant... exactly the same pictures as shown here. we stayed at the 2 bd apt... onli thing is the other room is abit too small for movement.
hotel is clean and the staffs r all very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mel_Phua
Melbourne
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We booked the 3 bedroom apartment for 6 days and loved it very much. In my opinion the room is quite spacious and clean.

The staffs are very friendly and helpful. We traveled in a big group (my wife, 4 kids and me), so I need to ask for extra beds. So I ask them if I can get extra beds for my kids, and the bring them right away. But they charge you a little extra for the beds.

The swimming pool is not too big, but big and clean enough if you just want to cool down while waiting for your wife to shop. I prefer spending my time on the beach though rather than swimming on hotel pools.

If I am not wrong this apartment is located just outside or at Kuta. It took me 5 minutes, to walk to the Kuta shopping strips and about 5-10 minute on taxi to reach the Kuta beach (depends on the traffic in Kuta).

Well overall I am very satisfied with this apartment, you got a good apartment for a very good value. Will be back again next year!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family