“cant complain”

Ranked #30 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
perth
“cant complain”
Reviewed April 22, 2010

enjoyed 9 nights here. two rooms a11 and a12. rooms are spacious,clean,large bathroom with walk in shower as well as one over the bath. our towels were fine. one room the airconditioner dripped a bit but didnt bother complaining about it. i like this place as its well located, 2 big pools, nice gardens,modern(but still feels like bali) at $65.00 australian per night for two people with buffet breakfast you cant expect much more.stayed here before and will do again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank bossladyPerth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Thought I'd just jump on to take a look at the latest reviews for KP and quite surprised to see mainly negative comments. Whilst I have to agree the KP really need to update their bath towels (seriously past their use by date!!!) and yes one of the showers in our Ambassador suite did appear to have a slight blockage - But Otherwise our stay here was fabulous. We loved the generously proportioned rooms, the position next to the beautiful pool, breakfasts and pool side lunches were fab and the gardens....... simply stunning. There's far more to recommend this hotel than to complain about. We found the staff friendly, co-operative and professional - no complaints there. Yes the previous occupant of our suite had left the safe closed and therefore a call to reception for help was required but was attended to very quickly. We checked out a few other hotels on the beach front and frankly whilst their bath towels might be better I didn't find any of them nearly as attractive and particularly preferred the pools at KP. As for trouble getting pool towels - we had none so not sure what that was about. I guess all we can comment on is our own experience and ours was great. The location as far as proximity to great restaurants, beach and shopping - perfect. You can pay a lot more for the privilege of better bath towels but not sure we'd bother .... anyway i'm sure they'll replace the towels before our next stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank pursuitofsunniness
Australia
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Have stayed here twice - once in the original building ovelooking the pool and this time in a newer top floor room overlooking the new pool. An excellent hotel with great rooms, facilities and service. Love sitting overlooking the beach at breakfast each morning - watching the world go by. Incredible value for such a great position.Great restaurants all around - we will be back ") Highly recommended

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 3, 2010

We booked into this place late March, 2010 on recommendation of a friend. Upon arrival we were shown to a room D23 which was on the top level, no lifts. The room smelt strongly of cigarette smoke, there are NO non-smoking rooms, the room was dirtyand the two towels provided were small, grey and smelly. There were no hand towels and no face washers provided. The towels (rags) I would not use to wash a dog! There was no literature in the rooms to operate the safe and no literature about the hotel.

A call to reception to ask how to open and use the safe was met with discourtesy and three quarters of an hour later we finally received assistance. We had just arrived at this place on the final leg of a very enjoyable trip further abroad where we had experienced a large variety of hotels and resorts ranging in quality...this place was feral!!

We requested a meeting with the Manager "Desi" who was smug and rude in attitude and when advised politely of our concerns was told "you should stay at the Hard Rock Hotel!, this is a budget hotel!" Well excuse me for asking if the hand towels and face washers had been over looked. She said her prices were set for the standard and that was their best room.
My wife and I checked out immediately and it was agreed by the management that we would receive a full refund of our deposit...which was never paid back into our account .

A very poor standard of room with very poor staff and in my opinion is not worth the money even as a budget hotel. My recommendation is to avoid it like the plague!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank phil3194
Dublin
Reviewed April 3, 2010

We arrived from Jakarta,where my friend was staying for a while. She had booked some budget bungallow recomended by Lonely Planet. After stayed up all night counting the cockroaches went few few metres up the road and found that hotel. We did not have reservation. I was flattered to be told that there is a room available,did not have to wait even 10 min to move in. I was amazed by the stunning garden,beautiful and peaceful. It was bizzare that is quite large hotel,but the secluded gardens create great feeling of tranquility in which you slip from the party and shopping atmosphere in the the area.
The room was nice and large,spotless. Sheets were clean and changed everyday,we got fresh towels daily too. I need to note that I am cleaning freak and would spot immediatelly any dirt if exist.
The breakfast in the restaurant had great variety of fresh delicious fruit,omelets,croissants and other pastries,full english breakfast. They were covered with nets to protect from flies,but the tourist never bothered to cover them back after take what they need.
The swimming pool was clean and beautifully decorated,the only anoying thing was there were not enough loungers, or again-tourist were throwing their towells to occupy them and then disappear for hours, so be cheaky and move them.
We were so lucky to be in Bali for the Niyepi day which was great cultural experience. Even though we were stuck in the hotel,there was food and drinks(included alcohol)- in the pool,restaurant and room service,the spa center was also open.
The air condition worked fine and was really quiet. Staff was very helpful and polite.
I would deffinitely recomend this hotel. Excellent location-close to shops,restaurants and beach.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Perth
Reviewed March 16, 2010

We stayed in an Ambassador Suite. Rooms are big with large bathrooms (the ambassador is a junior suite with a std room interconnected)

For the top room in the hotel we were dissapointed. The walls were black with feet and hand prints, the showers would not drain, the toilet in the kids room would gurgle loudly and the curtains were badly stained

We had been at the hotel 3 days before I called reception and asked if our room could be made up
I think during the rest of our 12 night stay I had to call another 3 times to ask for the room to be made up.

Its just the little things that really put a dampener on the trip

Do not even bother asking for a pool towel before 9am in the morning, at either of the pools

My hubby and brother in law booked a tour and thought although breakfast does not open till 7am the staff may allow them to grab a little something on the run. wrong they could not believe how rude the staff were and the glairs were just completely out of line

Come on KP most hotels open their breakfast room a little earlier than 7am to allow for early risers and people heading off on tours

Although our group occupied 4 rooms for 12 nights upon checking out the reception staff did not even bother asking us if we enjoyed our stay, thank us for our patronage Or make any effort to encourage us to come and stay at the hotel again. That just left me with a bad taste in my mouth

I can understand why people like the hotel, its not all bad the hotel grounds are pretty and the two pools are lovely however, its just little things that really make a holiday. I have been to Bali now 4 times and can assure you there is better options for the same price

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Raven567
Sydney
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Stayed at the KP for 9nights in a great room SG01 ground floor overlooking new pool.
Our rooms were very big for the 2 of us. Large bathroom. Big Balcony overlooking the pool and just a few steps to dive in.
Breakfast was overlooking the beach and I think very good with everything you could want and need. If you want poached or boiled eggs you just have to ask. I must say though service was very slow in waiting for that cup of coffee or tea and we ended up getting our own most times.
Staff were only OK compared to other places we have stayed at. I asked for an extra pool towel one day only to have my head bitten off. (thats not service). I had a touch of Bali Belly and all I could do was lay around the pool in the shade for a couple of days so I asked for an extra towel, I explained why but they didnt seem to care.
Lunch/dinner staff were alot more friendly. Reception staff were only interested in us on checkout.
Linen in rooms very very thin and grey.
These were a few things which I think the hotel needs to address but overall we enjoyed our stay and we would return again.
It is in a fantastic location and at a fantastic price.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SydneyGlennie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Puri Raja
Ossotel
#6 of 84 in Legian
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,078 reviews
FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach

Been to Hotel Kumala Pantai? Share your experiences!