“A great hotel all round!”

Hotel Kumala Pantai
Ranked #26 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We stayed at the Kumala Pantai for 7 nights in August in a junior suite. I must say the room was certainly something different from anything you would stay at elsewhere and the only one in the complex like it (room RK I think). The room was clean, comfortable and roomy which was great when we were travelling with our 2 year old son. We really enjoyed the food at the hotel, particularly the italian food (great wood fired pizzas and pasta). The grounds were fantastic with lots of greenery and two beautiful pools. I had a treatment at the day spa there which was absolutely amazing! The location was also really good and the breakfast, although not a huge variety, was always fresh and pleasant as you sat across from the beach. We also thought the staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful.

We had a number of other rooms occupied by our family and friends at that time as they were in Bali for our wedding. I must say everyone that stayed there thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and had no complaints at all. Next time I would probably request a room in the S block as it is slightly newer and closer to the pool. In terms of what you get for the price and the location, I don't think this hotel could be beaten.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Addicted2travel08
There are newer reviews for Hotel Kumala Pantai

Reviewed July 24, 2009

Stayed at the Kumala Pantai with my wife and teenage daughter (14) in July school holidays. When booking requested a double bed and single bed in the one room. We arrrived in the early hours of the morning and were put in a top floor room in the A block which had two single beds and fold up camp bed. Next morning we requested a room change which after nearly half the day, when we were told we could move into that room they had already given it to somebody else, eventually we were allocated in NS block on the second floor, I have got to tell you that the room was not much better. It did have a double bed like we had asked but still had a fold up bed. The mattress on the fold up bed had a hole in it, the net curtains had cigarette burns in them, the bed side table had gum stuck to it, one of the three lamps we were given had the wires hanging out and wouldn't work, the hot water water supply was intermitant and as for the sheets and towels well they were a disgrace. The towels were old, grey and frayed , we wash our dog with better!! The sheets were pretty much the same, so thin we would of chucked them out years ago. You probably could have handled all this if you were paying $60 a night but we were coughing up $170 and I expect better for that sort of money.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank dtgperth
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Spent 2 nights in Hotel Kumala Pantai, deluxe room. We were staying in the old wing, though can’t remember which block. Our room has a small balcony with a nice pool view. Room is basic, pretty spacious, but a bit worn out. The bathroom did not smell so pleasant during our stay there, not sure why. But I read from other reviews, it happens quite often, the hotel management should look into it. The hotel surrounding itself is just great, decorated lovely with Balinese style, full of greeneries, plush pool! Breakfast in the morning facing the sea is definitely a plus point, not much of a selection but good enough. Only encountered one problem when I requested for hair-dryer, the staff told me they did not have any available, so I requested for an adapter instead (had my own hair-dryer) but they said all adapters were out. In the end they did manage to provide an adapter but with the wrong plug. Would anyway recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2009

The Hotel Kumala Pantai truly is a hidden gem in Bali and probably the best value I have ever had in a hotel. The rooms are a little sparsely decorated but perfectly adequate and large. The pools are extraordinary. Very lush, tropical foliage and extraordinary statues in bronze and gold relief. Breakfast is just passing, but fine. Very pleasant service from staff. I'd say five star building and grounds, 3 1/2-4 star rooms, 3 star price.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Stayed at the Kumala Pantai for 11 days with my wife, daughter and parents in two rooms in "A" wing. The rooms were clean and tidy but the beds were old and rock hard. The gardens and pools are fantastic. Plenty of pool lounges both in the sun and shade at both pools, water surprisingly cool for Bali pools. Breakfast was good with a minor variety everyday. Fantastic to be able to eat your breakfast outside overlooking the beach. Plenty of good restaurants right at the front door. The kumala's restaurant on the beachfront was good and cheap. Room service was good and reasonably priced. Would happily stay there again, would suggest a ground room floor. My only gripe was in "A" wing there is a laneway next door and motorbikes scream up and down there all night. (Out of the hotels control anyway)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Thor47
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I stayed at Kumala Pantai for 5 Night last April. It was my 5th trip to Bali and 5th stay at KP.

This time I had a room in one of the new blocks (G) and must say they are great. They are absolutely identical to the older ones but brand new, especially the A/C that can be noisy, leaking or anemic in the older wings.

As always the staff was wonderful and friendly, the Breakfast menu if not the best ever, was nice and varied.

The new spa is very nice, prices are reasonnable and you'll feel rejuvenated.

Overall still a good bargain considering the location, the 2 large pools, the staff...

The only thing that annoys me, is that the restaurant is now an Italian one, it is good for business but not what I expect in a Bali hotel.. ;)

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank Bougnat_ie
Reviewed June 5, 2009

We were travelling for leisur to Bali and stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. The hotel is right by the beach. Large and clean room, nice gardens, wonderful breakfast sitting outdoor, very friendly staff. There are many restaurants and shops nearby.

It is a great place to stay. We highly recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank JulianaB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Puri Raja
#6 of 87 in Legian
Kumala Hotel
Kumala Hotel
#155 of 254 in Kuta

Been to Hotel Kumala Pantai? Share your experiences!