Hotel Kumala Pantai
$90
$289
$21
Agoda.com
The Patra Bali Resort & Villas(Kuta)(Great Value!)
$114
$64
$70
$58
Agoda.com
Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
$112
$85
  • Breakfast included
Grand Inna Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
$93
$89
$162
$153
All reviewsambassador suitesg blockb blockbriella spapools are lovelyswim up barnightly entertainmentgardens are beautifulopposite the beachlarge poolbath towelsbit datedgreat positionhotel groundsrestaurants and shopsground floorbali hotel
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We travel to Bali once, occasionally twice a year. We stayed at the Kumala Pantai late last year and though the gardens are gorgeous, the pool extensive and clean (though not always easy to get a sun lounge), the rooms clean and large....we found the staff indifferent. In 10 days we were greeted with a hello or smile back to us only a few times. Breakfast staff seem to hover over returned guests they knew or family groups, reception staff near ignored you at the front desk, for pool staff it was an effort to give you a towel (on occasions they were out of pool towels...late arvo) or take your drinks order. The friendliest staff seemed to be the cleaners and gardeners. Overall we were made to feel like an inconvenience, we wont return. Balinese are usually very friendly, except apparantly at the Kumala Pantai. Karen and Gary from Perth

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank KazNgaz50s
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel & I too have mixed feelings. On the one hand, the rooms were big with a large bathroom and decent balcony overlooking the pool. The staff were lovely & the cleaning staff did a great job. The gardens were beautiful and well maintained. However, on the down side, our air-conditioner was on 16 degrees and we were sweating unless we sat right in front of it. We asked on 3 occasions for this to be looked at & even though they cleaned it and re gassed it, there was no improvement at all. When it rained, which is most days this time of year, water dripped onto our ceiling very loudly (we were on the 2nd floor). On the last night water started to drip from the air-conditioner, keeping us awake. In the morning I put a bucket under it & it was half full by the time we checked out at 12. You had to pay for WiFi in your room, which was terribly slow & took you forever to log out of, which used up your time too. WiFi in the restaurant was slow because of everyone using it. My husband also got Bali belly from satays we had at pool no.2 - the beef tasted off - I spat mine out, unfortunately he didn't & he became ill on the Monday & was still sick by the time we went home on Thursday, which was such a waste of our holiday. On more of a petty note, but probably worth noting for some people - there was no 'service' at the pool - if you wanted anything you had to go up and order at the swim-up bar, they also did not collect your dirty dishes, my husband actually took ours back to the bar one day, as there are numerous cats in the grounds and they wouldn't leave us alone trying to get to the food. There was also no 'service' at breakfast, you put in your egg order, or you get your own food and drinks, no-one set up your table or checked if you needed more coffee etc - this was not a huge issue, but other hotels we have stayed in in Bali, they have come around and topped up your coffee & asked if everything was OK or if you wanted anything else. The linen in the rooms could do with an upgrade, our sheets, although clean, had holes in them & the towels we booked out from the pool were old & threadbare - occasionally you would get a new one. All in all, the hotel is quite lovely, but I don't think I would stay there again due to the illness my husband sustained - it spoilt our trip.

Room Tip: We chose an upper room for privacy, but unfortunately there are no lifts - however, ground floor rooms had more privacy than we expected.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank happyholiday08
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 6 nights January 2014. The rooms were big, as were the bathrooms. The aircon in our room couldn't cool the room at all. The fridge couldn't cool the drinks, even rotating them through the freezer. The queen size bed was a hard mattress on a sheet of chipboard that creaked all night. Large balcony with nice view of large pool with swim up bar (which didnt have cold beers the day I used it). Two of our family got Bali belly from the breakfast on the first day, so we were reluctant to eat here again. The two pools were large and well maintained as were the beautiful gardens. The wifi was next to useless. Would I stay again? Due to illness sustained, probably not.

Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank MikeWestAust
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Hotel Kumala Pantai is A great hotel just across the road from Legian Beach. There are several blocks located in this hotel all surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers. There are two pools in the hotel, one new and the other slightly older. Both pools have bars where you can get towels and order lunch from. The rooms in the hotel are large, clean and tidy with daily housekeeping services. Rooms also have cable TV with local and international channels like Australia Network and HBO, One let down though is the WiFi which is free in the restaurant but gets VERY slow due to everyone attempting to use it, WiFi is paid for in all other areas of the hotel. Go to the restaurant at 11am or 3pm to get the best WiFi signal because it is between the main meals meaning the restaurant is lest crowded. The staff at the hotel are friendly and courteous but some hove a can't do attitude. The Buffet at the hotel is included in the cost and has a medium range of foods but has awful hygiene standards, many people in the hotel were complaning of people in their party getting Bali Belly 4 out of 8 people in our group were vomiting and felt awful. The location of the hotel is Amazing with a massive choice of Resturants, Bars and Shops near the hotel, Jalan Arjuna (Double 6) is a five minute walk away and has lots of shops and a nightclub. Not to mention the beach is right across the road from the hotel. Overall, being people who have stayed at the hotel multiple times we would definitely come back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank 007forest
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is a huge property. I loved that it was right across from the beach. Each morning, my husband and I went for a walk along the beach.

The location was the best part of the hotel. The room was a good size, but I did not find it that up-to-date. The towels and sheets had stains on them and were a bit shabby. The cleaning guy did a fabulous job though. I just think that management needs to invest in newer products. I also did not like that there was some dirty, old laminated paper in the room stating the price of each item if I steal them. I'm looking for a place to stay, not a new pillow case and towel. There is no wifi available in the rooms. I understand; it would cost a fortunate to update it through those thick walls. Wifi was available at the restaurant, but that was slow.

The pools and grounds are beautiful. It's really nice to read by the pool. But once again, the towels to check out there were dirty.

The breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple