WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #32 of 225 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Great value and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have wanted to stay at Kp for so long so was very happy to get in. Room service food is great and pools so lovely and inviting. Rooms are roomy and comfortable but WiFi is terrible. Not worth paying for it. Hope they improve the WiFi as we had to go elsewhere to get decent internet access which really is a must for those of us who enjoy surfing the net instead of reading a book all the time. Also wish access was a little easier as it is only one way to get in there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FionainPerth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bowral, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Have been staying at Kumala since it opened and have always found both Desi and Luhnik have been wonderful in the degree of service they provide and their swift response to emails regarding accommodation. There are a number of staff in the restaurant who do provide a higher degree of service than many of the other staff and it is this inconsistency in service that needs addressing. Ari and a few others go to great lengths to make sure you are being served and have everything you require, his friendly smile is always a welcome addition to my time at Kumala. Breakfast is fairly typical of breakfasts provided by hotels in Bali. Room service does provide a fairly good selection of meals at a very reasonable price and the restaurant provides some very good italian dishes including pizza. My main issue with Kumala is the inconsistency in service provided by the staff particularly in the restaurant as well as the cleanliness of the linen and comfort of the beds. On my recent visit I was unable to sleep and although yes this hotel is good value for money considering its location, I do enjoy a goods nights sleep. Another issue recently was that the staff in the pool bar between S and SG Block were often very noisy particualrly during rainy periods when there were no guests in the bar. If you are looking for peace and quiet I would not recommend S or SG block. Another problem I encountered and have done so previously is they cut off your card access to the room at midday on the day you are due to check out, this includes those people who have arranged a late checkout due to late flights, this can be very annoying particularly in a downpour. Overall it is good value for money however if you are looking for peace and quiet and a great nights sleep, this may not be the hotel for you.

Room Tip: For peace and quiet (when the construction has been completed next door) NS or A block lower floors...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank swtnss
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed at the hotel with my husband for a week and then my daughters for a few days. We had an upstairs room quite a walk from the Resteraunt this wasn't too bad as the gardens are quite spectacular. The rooms are clean, the pools are lovely and the grounds are beautifully maintained. The only complaint I had was that the staff in the Resteraunt were actualy quite unfriendly. I have been to Bali 16 times and some of the hotels have been 1-2 star at best but always always friendly service. It might have been a bad week but I'm actually a very smiley person and getting one returned was like pulling teeth. I made a game of it in the end to make them smile at me. Don't get me wrong the service wasn't bad, I just really love the Balinese people and I like to talk to them and learn the Bahasa language. So, just my personal gripe, my husband actually loved it there and would stay again. I prefer the Maharta, rooms a little dated but the best food and staff I've found.
Happy travels.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room pretty much anywhere.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PerthTravelmad
Leongatha, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Kumala Pantai over Xmas, what a wonderful place ~ pools very big and well maintained ~ lovely breakfast ~ rooms cleaned ~ great location ~ beauitful people very helpful ~ most of all a very reasonable priced place to stay food beer and rooms couldn't ask for more than that.
We will be returning to Kumala Pantai, l believe it's you who make's the holiday yourself and this was a great relaxing place to stay to top it off :)

3 Thank Jo-Ann K
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed for Christmas for the week and enjoyed our stay, this hotel is great for location and the massive pool that has lots of shade. Rooms are good value and breakfast is enough and has nice outlook. We like the evening entertainment. The staff are very friendly. I love the gardens and shady walkways etc...so tropical and lush. We had rooms in H block, they were fine, a little noise from Jln Werkerdra but all good...Air con needed new gas and they fixed promptly. To email this hotel is very easy, Luhnik and Desi are very prompt and helpful. No probs with towels etc in room, dont know what the fuss is about...and I am fussy....Lots of choice for restaurants etc and shopping...Only thing would be is too stop people from entering pool with beer bottles and these could smash into pool. Pool staff should put a stop to this. I have stayed at Febirs and the owner of this hotel is strict with this rule as he had a guest cut thier foot open and alot of stitches...thats my only gripe...we would stay again for sure. Thanks KP...

3 Thank pinkfrangi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Kumala pantai its a good hotel. But i don't know why they put a living room? It's a wet floor when you come. But you must turn on a air con. I vas a in a state SG on the"junior suite" on the ground floor. I have a swimming pool front my nose. I like a jungle when i go on breakfast. In the hotel is two swimming pool. In the reception was a lot of big tatues. I like this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank killeer
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We recently spent a week at Kumala Pantai and I knew we weren't in for a luxury retreat but the standards are pretty ordinary. We booked an Ambassador Suite (2 bedrooms and living) in S Block on the ground floor which was a great size and across from the pool which was handy for the kids (but not dangerous if you are worried about kids escaping).

Sheets and towels were old and stained and I'm not fussy but the level of cleanliness was pretty poor.

Breakfast was basic, room service was good quality and reasonable priced.

Obviously a positive is the location being beach front as well being close to shops, the pools were also nice and not over-crowded.

Don't think we'll be back to KP, we've stayed at O-CE-N, Padma and Legian Beach Hotel which we enjoyed and we will probably go back to one of these resorts next time.

Room Tip: S05 and S06 is an Ambassador Suite on the new pool/new building and was quiet and a great location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KDMelbourne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Puri Raja
Jayakarta Bali
Jayakarta Bali
#50 of 81 in Legian
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,381 reviews

Been to Hotel Kumala Pantai? Share your experiences!