Secret Garden Inn
$77
$690
$92
Agoda.com
The Patra Bali Resort & Villas(Kuta)(Great Value!)
$118
$65
$160
$58
Agoda.com
EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali(Kuta)(Great Value!)
$39
$22
Agoda.com
Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
$113
$88
  • Breakfast included
Grand Inna Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
$95
$76
Hotels.com
$159
$153
All reviewsdeep poolpoppies lanebedroom bungalowlarge fridgepool towels are providedmy home away from homehot and cold waterbudget hotelwashing machinerooms are basica king size bedflat screen tvfamily roomtop floorwould stay againmini martstayed nights
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Got picked up from the airport, hotel basic but clean and close to everything, breakfast included. The only thing there was not enough sunbeds in the actual sun as the pool is fairly sheltered with trees. Close to the beach and shopping, not far to walk to the middle of kuta markets, Staff friendly, I asked for a taxi on my last morning to transfer to another hotel as they were full, and was told that taxis wont come down poppies1, so a staff member had a "friend" who would take me but I had to barter, I would stay there again, I have been to Bali 12 times and stayed at many hotels Joy Adelaide

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2009

My Family and i had an extreamly relaxing holiday of 10 days. The Staff were attentive with any requests. And found they were helpfull with information of what to see and where to shop. with a great laundrey service just around the corner and a taxi service right out the front door. And Massage services right along poppies's Lane what more do you need ! Thankyou Putu for our breakfast's and thankyou Wyane for servicing our room's every day and the extra touches enjoyed chatting to you all and learning about your familíes take good care see you again !. From Lisa

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2009

My husband and I came to Bali with some friends for a leisurely holiday for 5 days. For the first two days, we had a friend who was already in Bali before we arrived to book the above hotel room for my husband and I.

On the morning of the 2nd day, our sleep was disturbed by an unruly knock on the door , DISTURBING OUR SLEEP when we had a hectic day before, by the staff who asked us when we were going to check out. My husband had to explain again and again that we had already booked and made payment for 2 days, and they insisted on looking at our receipt, when upon check in tIme, the receipt was issued on a carbon copy paper pad. This is serious bad management, no?

That night, our friends came over to accompany us for a chill session in our room. Being us considerate Singaporeans, we entered the hotel very quietly. But the night staff actually tailed us and questioned us RUDELY, as if we were freeloaders, what we were doing there. My husband tried to explain amicably that they will only be there for awhile, but we were rudely chased out by the night staff. I myself wasn't happy, and told him that we will definitely leave, and he told me, 'Yes,yes, leave.' How rude can he be??

We are paying tourists just like any other, but the treatment we received was of substandards - maybe because we are Asians, like them. This has greatly insulted my spouse and I, and we have sworn to never return to this accommodation ever again in our future trips to Bali.

The rooms are not even near the standard of a 2-star hotel in Singapore, and they are behaving as if its such a high class hotel. Even our stay in Hard Rock Hotel Bali for the next 3 days was such a pleasure compared to this cheap and low-class hotel, or a better word to describe it would be motel.

This inn has definitely contributed to tarnishing the good name of Bali as a travel haven.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nadiy
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We've stayed at the Secret Garden a few times now, and could'nt ask for a better holiday. The place may look like Stalag 17 from the outside, but its an oasis of calm behind the stark facade.
The rooms are fairly basic, but what do you expect for the price? You have a comfortable bed, a/c, fridge freezer and a safe. The room is cleaned every day, clean sheets,towels etc. If you need anything else, all you have to do is ask! The staff are absolutely fantastic. Nothing is too much trouble, and if they can't sort it out, they will know a man who can! The staff are very respectful, and if you treat them the same, they become like members of the family. I can't disagree more with the reviewer who said the staff were'nt up to scratch! We have always found them to be lovely people.
The pool is, I think, the best in Kuta. For one, its never full of kids( too deep), it stays cool due to the depth, and its never full of idiots. We have made a lot of good friends relaxing round the pool.
I would agree that there are a few 'THOU SHALT NOT' signs, but you would probably find those in any hotel, and they are all just common sense. They don't detract from your holiday in any way. Some daft people just need to be told! If you cover yourself in mozzy repellant, you will not get bitten when you have a cigarette on your little balcony. Asia is full of the little blighters, so be sensible. Whack on the mozzy spray, go with the flow and CHILL OUT!!!!!!
The hotel is ideally situated for bars, restaurants and anything else your little heart desires. The beach is only 10 mins in one direction, and 10 mins the other way is the madness of Legian Street. Take your pick!
Sadly, the hotel does not do meals( apart from the excellent breakfast), but maybe one day! Considering that there are so many places to eat nearby, it makes no difference!
All in all, we love this place and would recommend it to anyone if they want somewhere a home from home in Kuta. Long may it continue!!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jakilowe
Reviewed July 23, 2009

this is our first trip to bali and we had a bad experience staying there..no sound are allowed outside the room.as if the owner really welcome client who are mute!the service is also bad.i was so shocked that when the room services tidy up our room,he/she change the towel with a towel which are still wet...
all in all,if you have another hotel or inn to choose,choose this one last.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family